Region 3AA

TynerRamFan, just want to throw this out for discussion. Not trying to start anything or do anything other than find out what your feeling is on this and have a good discussion.

Tyner gets the winner of Sweetwater-Meigs County. Who do you think will win? Who would you like to win? Which one do you think would give Tyner the biggest problem?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:13 PM) 826373046[/snapback]

TynerRamFan, just want to throw this out for discussion. Not trying to start anything or do anything other than find out what your feeling is on this and have a good discussion.

Tyner gets the winner of Sweetwater-Meigs County. Who do you think will win? Who would you like to win? Which one do you think would give Tyner the biggest problem?

I'll start it up....... They would want Meigs to win, Tyner should beat Meigs by 20. They would not want Sweetwater to win because they have improved so much over the past month. At this point in the season, I think Sweetwater will win this one big and then beat Tyner by 10 to 15. The Chatt town teams don't play as well on neutral ground with out of district refs.

...At this stage of the 'game' it is very hard to predict during the tournaments especially if you try to use the regular season games as a point-of-reference...Meigs & Sweetwater played close but the game(in about an hour) could be totally different...case in point: Brainerd/Sequoyah...judging by how they played last week, I thought the game yesterday would be the same...I would tend to favor Sweetwater because they have been rested a few days while Meigs has played a game...most times it will show in the 4th quarter...but it all depends on motivation...it doesn't matter who we play...the "Lady Rams" must take care of business regardless of the opponent...either team could cause problems depending on my previous statements!!!

QUOTE(D5R4Fan @ Feb 15 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826373205[/snapback]

I'll start it up....... They would want Meigs to win, Tyner should beat Meigs by 20. They would not want Sweetwater to win because they have improved so much over the past month. At this point in the season, I think Sweetwater will win this one big and then beat Tyner by 10 to 15. The Chatt town teams don't play as well on neutral ground with out of district refs.

...Because you are a 'newbie'(rookie), the only statement I will address is the one that is in bold letters...I can see that you don't know anything about the "Lady Rams" who play and have won Championships on 'neutral' courts...2003(Marion County)...2004(East Ridge)...2002(Temple)...just to name a few...this year they beat GPS at Temple Univ. for the BOP Championship!!!

...Tomorrow it will be the "Lady Rams" vs Sweetwater at 4PM and Brainerd vs Tellico at 7PM...these teams split during the regular season!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Feb 15 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826373380[/snapback]

...Because you are a 'newbie'(rookie), the only statement I will address is the one that is in bold letters...I can see that you don't know anything about the "Lady Rams" who play and have won Championships on 'neutral' courts...2003(Marion County)...2004(East Ridge)...2002(Temple)...just to name a few...this year they beat GPS at Temple Univ. for the BOP Championship!!!

1) I may be a "newbie" to CoachT but not to girls basketball in the southeast.

2) I told you so.

3) This is 2007.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:22 AM) 826374073[/snapback]

...Tomorrow it will be the "Lady Rams" vs Sweetwater at 4PM and Brainerd vs Tellico at 7PM...these teams split during the regular season!!!

Should be two good ballgames. I am like you, the way teams play in tournament is completely different than the regular season. Some teams realize that sense of urgency to win or else, others fold under that pressure. My name is Sequoyah SID, but I am for all Monroe County teams, and after this, all District 5 teams. Good luck to Tyner and Brainerd tonight, no offense, but I hope I will be watching two Monroe Co. teams again Saturday. Either way, good luck and may the best teams win.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826373010[/snapback]

...All the players named are 'legit'...it's just unusual that the #6 seed has three(3)...other than that, I don't have a problem with it!!!

...Who do you think should have made it and didn't???

Here are some names of players who didn't make it but should at least be honorable mention:

Madison Lee, McMinn Central

Hanna West, Sweetwater

Hanna Powers, Tellico

Nikki Mynatt, Boyd Buchanan

Based on their play in D5AA games these should have probably ranked higher than Latisha Smith or Krista Bowman. Krista is a much better player than the way she played in D5AA games, so I can understand why she made the all district team. Latisha would still deserve nothing less than honorable mention.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826374213[/snapback]

Should be two good ballgames. I am like you, the way teams play in tournament is completely different than the regular season. Some teams realize that sense of urgency to win or else, others fold under that pressure. My name is Sequoyah SID, but I am for all Monroe County teams, and after this, all District 5 teams. Good luck to Tyner and Brainerd tonight, no offense, but I hope I will be watching two Monroe Co. teams again Saturday. Either way, good luck and may the best teams win.

...Congrats to Sweetwater for the victory...it just didn't happen for my "Lady Rams" this year...the 1st time in six(6) years that we failed to make it to the District Finals...Best Wishes to the Seniors>>>>>>>Krista Bowman and LaTasha Sheppard...we really have enjoyed your years at Tyner...to the rest of the team, this should give you the motivation to work harder this summer and come back in the Fall ready to establish what has become know as "Lady Ram Basketball"!!!