Region 3AA

QUOTE(red&bluebasketballguy @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826373644[/snapback]

I am thinking it will be Central vs Sweetwater but I could be wrong. I do think the title will be Tellico vs Central and should be a great ballgame...

...And you are right it's Central against Tellico on Tuesday @ 6PM!!! Polk will play Sweetwater for 3rd place!!! Central looked very impressive against Sweetwater...Kylie Lambert was a 'force' on both ends of the court...If Central plays like they did tonight they will win the Championship!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Region Tournament is beginning to shape up...

Representing District 5AA

Playing for the #1 and #2 seed

McMinn Cental

Vs.

Tellico Plains

Playing for the #3 and #4 seed

Sweetwater

Vs.

Polk Co.

Representing District 6AA

Playing for the #1 and #2 seed

Sequatchie Co.

Vs.

Grundy Co.

Playing for the #3 and #4 seed

Chattanooga Christian

Vs.

Howard

5AA-6AA

1st Vs. 4th

2nd Vs. 3rd

3rd Vs. 2nd

4th Vs. 1st

The #1 and #2 seeds coming out of their districts will host the first round of the region tournament.

The final two rounds will be played at Cleveland State.

Does anyone know when exactly the Region 3AA tournament starts and what days they will play on.

Sweetwater's game against Tyner was probably the best I have seen the Lady Wildcats play all year. It really helped that they got Megan Inman back. She had been sidelined with an injury. She just adds so much more down low. Let's just hope the remaining teams will represent the district well in the region. Sweetwater starts with a tough one in Sequatchie County.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:49 PM) 826381366[/snapback]Sweetwater's game against Tyner was probably the best I have seen the Lady Wildcats play all year. It really helped that they got Megan Inman back. She had been sidelined with an injury. She just adds so much more down low. Let's just hope the remaining teams will represent the district well in the region. Sweetwater starts with a tough one in Sequatchie County.

In my opinion district 5 should win 3 of the 4 opening round games. I don't see any way that Sweetwater can beat Sequatchie in Dunlap. The second round games at Cleveland State should be some humdingers regardless who wins in the opening round. Sequatchie seems to be playing their best ball right now and I see them making the finals unless Tellico upsets Central tonight.

District 5AA Standings

1. McMinn Central

2. Tellico Plains

3. Polk Co.

4. Sweetwater

District 6AA Standings

1. Sequatchie Co.

2. Grundy Co.

3. Howard

4. Chattanooga Christian

On Friday 2/23

Sequatchie Co. Host Sweetwater

McMinn Central Host Chattanooga Christian

Grundy Co. Host Polk Co.

Tellico Plains Host Howard

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:43 PM) 826381355[/snapback]1st Round-girls on Friday, boys on Saturday

Semifinals-girls on Monday 6 & 7:30 pm, boys on Tuesday 6 & 7:45 pm

Championship-girls on Wednesday 7 pm, boys on Thursday 7 pm

...The last time I saw the schedule both Boys & Girls Championship games will be on next Wednesday, Feb. 28th. (probably 6P & 7:30P)...this was on the TSSAA website under the Tournament Director's link.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826381899[/snapback]...The last time I saw the schedule both Boys & Girls Championship games will be on next Wednesday, Feb. 28th. (probably 6P & 7:30P)...this was on the TSSAA website under the Tournament Director's link.

That has to be right. Can't see them splitting up those two games when the region will be down to the top 2 teams anyway.

DL.