Seq vs Hixson in 6AA

Indian

Newcomers in AA this year and two of the state's largest schools in the class-East Ridge and Hixson- made the most of their moves down, finishing 1 and 2 in the 6-AA tourament. Thought I'd give this one its on thread since it's long. Loser's bracket, Hixson beats Seq Co 3-1, Seq. out. Hixson scored two in the third. After a strikeout, a check swing makes contact and a little bloop totally dies in the mud, runner reaches. Sac bunt puts her on second, then a ball is hit underneath an infielders glove near a base, 2 on when there could have been three out. Next batter singles scoring 2. Hixson scored one more in the 5th, 1st batter stikes out, next doubles then goes to third on a wild throw back to the infield. Grounder forces an out at first but another wild throw helps get the runner in, a good throw probably would have got the out easily unless contact forced a drop at home. Seq scored 1 in the 7th, back to back hits from Lydia Clendenon and Mounce give them a run. 1st and 2nd with one out but two pops finish the game. Hixson wins 3-1 after Seq won the regular season game 7-0, every game is different. Sequatchie had 7 hits to 6 for Hixson, Swafford struck out 8, walked none. Boyer gave up 7 hits, struck out just 2, her team let one reach on an error and she hit one batter, Seq stranded 8 runners, stranded 17 and scored a total of one run in the two tournament losses. Mounce had three hits and was hit by a pitch, Swafford, Nikki Young, Clendenon, Kendra Swanger had one hit. End of the high school run for Mounce and Swafford, three district tournament titles and lots of good play the last four years by both. I'm frankly not sure all the remaining players realize how much they meant to the team/program but hopefully the reminders next year won't be too bad or often. Also the end for Deidre Basham who spent one year here but added a lot the basketball and softball teams. Disappointing senior year for these three after only one graduated last year (and a freshman did pretty well at that spot, catcher) but with all the player shifting (two left the team including an all-district player from last year, 3 or 4 quit, 2 dismissed, one likely starter didn't make the grades, one season-ending injury and a late-season freshman starter got sick) maybe the team reached its potential just by finishing with a winning record.

Game reports on Seq-Hixson this morning wasn't very accurate, I don't think Bledsoe-Hixson report was either. A girl who was listed as getting 3 hits didnt even get one, grounded out 3 times so there's no possible way to score her getting hits such as when a judgment call if she reached on an error or not is made. That's pretty tacky giving a report that's not even an exaggeration or fudging a little, but something that's just false (3 times lol). Anything to get a player's name in the paper I suppose, especially if it's one with a parent who thinks the girl was snubbed somehow. One girl was listed with 2 hits, but one of them was an obvious E on an infielder-average hit ball on the ground straight to the girl 20 feet from first base with a slow runner hitting-and their scorekeeper gave the batter a hit, somehow. Seq had no errors listed, but there was that one, and the bad throw from the outfield that advanced a runner for at least two (not counting the throw home or misplays when a fielder didn't get a glove on the ball). Boxscore had seven hits to 5 for Seq, game brief had three players with 2 each for Hixson and one with 3, 6 was the right number. Seq had 5 hits as a team listed when they actually had 7, there should have been no question on any of them. All but one were sharp hits to the outfield, no girls got a glove on those except once, Young singled to left center on the ground and went to second on an error by the outfielder. Mounce had three, Swafford, Young, Clendenon and Swanger each had one and Leamon reached on an error. Swanger's was an infield single but the infielder fielded the ball cleanly and got it there, the runner just hustled and beat it out. In the Bledsoe game Bledsoe had one error listed when I remember them having two on one play alone that ended up costing runs, and lots more throughout the game. None of that is nearly as important as Hixson getting wins in both games, but I didn't want to sound like I was "protecting" Swafford and Smith's pitching reputations on the board if anyone read the reports this morning and wondered where I was coming from.

[Edited by Indian on 5/10/02 5:01P]

Everyone knows by now that you are reputable. No need to apologize for something we know you would never do...fudge. lol Anyway, thanks for that post. I like reading them. In fact, I find your posts extraordinarily detailed. Especially from someone just watching a game. You sure you don't coach?

• 3 months later...
Guest TheLadyMoc3
Posted by Indian:

Game reports on Seq-Hixson this morning wasn't very accurate, I don't think Bledsoe-Hixson report was either. A girl who was listed as getting 3 hits didnt even get one, grounded out 3 times so there's no possible way to score her getting hits such as when a judgment call if she reached on an error or not is made. That's pretty tacky giving a report that's not even an exaggeration or fudging a little, but something that's just false (3 times lol). Anything to get a player's name in the paper I suppose, especially if it's one with a parent who thinks the girl was snubbed somehow. One girl was listed with 2 hits, but one of them was an obvious E on an infielder-average hit ball on the ground straight to the girl 20 feet from first base with a slow runner hitting-and their scorekeeper gave the batter a hit, somehow. Seq had no errors listed, but there was that one, and the bad throw from the outfield that advanced a runner for at least two (not counting the throw home or misplays when a fielder didn't get a glove on the ball). Boxscore had seven hits to 5 for Seq, game brief had three players with 2 each for Hixson and one with 3, 6 was the right number. Seq had 5 hits as a team listed when they actually had 7, there should have been no question on any of them. All but one were sharp hits to the outfield, no girls got a glove on those except once, Young singled to left center on the ground and went to second on an error by the outfielder. Mounce had three, Swafford, Young, Clendenon and Swanger each had one and Leamon reached on an error. Swanger's was an infield single but the infielder fielded the ball cleanly and got it there, the runner just hustled and beat it out. In the Bledsoe game Bledsoe had one error listed when I remember them having two on one play alone that ended up costing runs, and lots more throughout the game. None of that is nearly as important as Hixson getting wins in both games, but I didn't want to sound like I was "protecting" Swafford and Smith's pitching reputations on the board if anyone read the reports this morning and wondered where I was coming from.

[Edited by Indian on 5/10/02 5:01P]

[Edited by TheLadyMoc3 on 9-6-02 2:52P]

Guest TheLadyMoc3

as a matter of fact i have a little proposal for you, you may think that this girl got snubbed, but what you don't want to tell anyone is the girl who pitched for seq county in the game they got beat by hixson is supposed to be "miss all american" or whatever her father thinks she is when really they beat schs with her pitching, isnt that funny?? wow, and yes the paper was wrong in the printing bc the girl that got the 3 hits was against bledsoe county not seq., that was me, and i know exactly who this is who posted this message and you know i know who you are, it looks pretty tacky for you to talk of a teenage girl like this, it isnt my fault, and yes i am the one you are talking about, that some things didn't go as they should have, you county schools are just mad bc we came up in your division and stole all your glory....wow i hit that nail on the head, we know exactly what you tried to do to all of us...

Posted by TheLadyMoc3:

as a matter of fact i have a little proposal for you, you may think that this girl got snubbed, but what you don't want to tell anyone is the girl who pitched for seq county in the game they got beat by hixson is supposed to be "miss all american" or whatever her father thinks she is when really they beat schs with her pitching, isnt that funny?? wow, and yes the paper was wrong in the printing bc the girl that got the 3 hits was against bledsoe county not seq., that was me, and i know exactly who this is who posted this message and you know i know who you are, it looks pretty tacky for you to talk of a teenage girl like this, it isnt my fault, and yes i am the one you are talking about, that some things didn't go as they should have, you county schools are just mad bc we came up in your division and stole all your glory....wow i hit that nail on the head, we know exactly what you tried to do to all of us...

LOL Let it go...I just didn't think at the time, and still don't, a player that didn't get one hit should be credited for 3 in the paper the next morning. If you feel she/you should, so be it. And sure Swafford lost the game (if I remember right, it's been months), I don't think I ever said she was playing center in the Hixson game. It will be hard for the valley teams to ever consistently challenge Hixson and East Ridge when so many more over there play competitive summer ball, we'll just have to see how things work out in the coming seasons.

Guest TheLadyMoc3

I am sorry, I don't know who you are, I just thought that you saying she must of thought she got snubbed meant something else. I shouldn't of said it in that way, people say things they dont mean when they're mad. No I shouldnt of got credit for the hits in the sequatchie game I grounded out three times. I did however get 2 in the Bledsoe game following it. We had a scorekeeper who can't get her ducks in a row to save her life, and no matter what her kid will get in the paper every time she breathes on the ball. You may even know who I am talking about. LOL...her mom rigged the scorebook all year long. We had proof of it too. This is another problem...I think there should be a manager to keep the book and be fair about it. I think you may have mistakened me for her, but I am in college now. Dont really care about high school at all those days are long gone. Once again, sorry for being rude to you, but the paper must of misprinted it.