8AAA

reiko

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(titanjo @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826379782[/snapback]KT and the boys from Shelbyville bringing home another District Championship!!! And everyone thought this would be a rebuilding year!!! Shelbyville didnt rebuild they just RELOADED!!!!!

yeah now SCHS 5th straight year in the 8AAA Championship

QUOTE(titanjo @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826379782[/snapback]KT and the boys from Shelbyville bringing home another District Championship!!! And everyone thought this would be a rebuilding year!!! Shelbyville didnt rebuild they just RELOADED!!!!!

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826379817[/snapback]yeah now SCHS 5th straight year in the 8AAA Championship

Kevin Thomas does a great job every year, but in all honesty, 8-aaa is very mediocre, I could use a stronger word, but that would take away from what Shebyville has done. Shelbyville should win this going away.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826379843[/snapback]Kevin Thomas does a great job every year, but in all honesty, 8-aaa is very mediocre, I could use a stronger word, but that would take away from what Shebyville has done. Shelbyville should win this going away.

No one will argue with the fact that 8AAA is weaker, and at this point the district thing really doesnt matter, but with a win tomorrow and most likely one by Oakland, they both will be on opposite ends of the bracket in the region. And despite their district SCHS has played a tough schedule. SCHS has as good of chance of ending up in the region final as anybody. They may not be at Oakland's level, but dont count this team out. Remember they split with Blackman and Riverdale this year. This was considered to be a MAJOR rebuilding year after losing 7 players from last years team. It would be unwise to overlook them and after they beat Riverdale and Blackman, I can guarantee 7AAA coaches will not.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826379899[/snapback]No one will argue with the fact that 8AAA is weaker, and at this point the district thing really doesnt matter, but with a win tomorrow and most likely one by Oakland, they both will be on opposite ends of the bracket in the region. And despite their district SCHS has played a tough schedule. SCHS has as good of chance of ending up in the region final as anybody. They may not be at Oakland's level, but dont count this team out. Remember they split with Blackman and Riverdale this year. This was considered to be a MAJOR rebuilding year after losing 7 players from last years team. It would be unwise to overlook them and after they beat Riverdale and Blackman, I can guarantee 7AAA coaches will not.

At this point, It is kind of foolish to be looking past anyone. Like I said, I dont want to come across as degrading Shelbyville, I have a ton of respect for that program. 7-AAA isnt the overwhemling powerhouse, but I feel like the #4 seed has as good of a chance as any to win at SCHS, 3 of the 4 teams in our district have at least 22 wins

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826380031[/snapback]At this point, It is kind of foolish to be looking past anyone. Like I said, I dont want to come across as degrading Shelbyville, I have a ton of respect for that program. 7-AAA isnt the overwhemling powerhouse, but I feel like the #4 seed has as good of a chance as any to win at SCHS, 3 of the 4 teams in our district have at least 22 wins

All valid points and yes #4 does have a chance at SCHS IF that is SCHS wins tomorrow. SCHS has 22 wins also with a tough schedule. They have competed well against 7AAA top teams besides OAK spliting with RIV and BLACK beat RIV on their court and getting beat by Black on a last second shot on their court. ALAS we all should take it one at a time. Agreed that know one can look past another at this point.