Programs on the rise!

rigger101

Our program at Knoxville Halls is on the rise. Coach Sayne took over this year and we went from winning two dual meets to having a pretty good winning record, not to mention the fact that we went from not even placing as a team in the kil, to coming in second this year. three of our guys went to state this year (all sophmores) and our heavyweight placed 6. Not to mention the fact that our team is comprised of almost all sophmores, we still have two more years

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HallsDE#72 @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826425876[/snapback]Our program at Knoxville Halls is on the rise. Coach Sayne took over this year and we went from winning two dual meets to having a pretty good winning record, not to mention the fact that we went from not even placing as a team in the kil, to coming in second this year. three of our guys went to state this year (all sophmores) and our heavyweight placed 6. Not to mention the fact that our team is comprised of almost all sophmores, we still have two more years

Yep, Your heavy will be fun to watch over the next 2 years. He had a ruff start having to face Nick Reveiz as a Freshman but showed a lot of heart in every match. You folks have a great community out that way and wish you the best. See U on the Mats next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

how did CAK finish in region?? and how many guys did they send to state?

CAK has 2 or 3 very good wrestlers who will qualify for state this season, but as a whole, their team is very weak, and missing many weight classes.

The entire Knoxville area is stepping up their wrestling, I have seen vast improvements from Maryville, Knox Catholic, Greenback, and Pigeon Forge.

CAK has 2 or 3 very good wrestlers who will qualify for state this season, but as a whole, their team is very weak, and missing many weight classes.

The entire Knoxville area is stepping up their wrestling, I have seen vast improvements from Maryville, Knox Catholic, Greenback, and Pigeon Forge.

CAK has the last of the Knox family Grapplers from Farragut in it's wings. Also, some of the Dix family blood in it's program. With brothers and Uncles that have been state champs helping there program and with the Coaching staff I saw at KCHS tourney leading that team, watch out.

CAK has a great rep in the West Knoxville community, It's affordable and with a new high School coming into West Knoxville, it's going to the school of choice.

The 6 years that my young Grapplers were at Farragut, they had limited training facilities. (Class room for work out room) They won dispite of the conditions however I hear CAK is putting $$$ and facilities toward their program.

Give them 2 more years and lets see where they are!

Good Luck!

CAK has the last of the Knox family Grapplers from Farragut in it's wings. Also, some of the Dix family blood in it's program. With brothers and Uncles that have been state champs helping there program and with the Coaching staff I saw at KCHS tourney leading that team, watch out.

CAK has a great rep in the West Knoxville community, It's affordable and with a new high School coming into West Knoxville, it's going to the school of choice.

The 6 years that my young Grapplers were at Farragut, they had limited training facilities. (Class room for work out room) They won dispite of the conditions however I hear CAK is putting $$$ and facilities toward their program.

Give them 2 more years and lets see where they are!

Good Luck!

you could be right, but last i saw they were missing 5 or 6 weights, it is difficult to have a winning team with 9 wrestlers

CAK is on the rise. They have one promblem though, when their really good 8th graders get to high school they transfer out. So, for the last 3 years CAK has had a lot of 1 year wonder wrestlers. They do final have some seniors on the team this year, but they are still having promblems getting and keeping a full team, and to make things worse the injury bug has begun to bite. Barring all of these they have a great feeder promblem They would be one of the top teams in the state this year if they didn't have any of this promblems, but they will still have a good year and a good chance to win district.

CAK is on the rise. They have one promblem though, when their really good 8th graders get to high school they transfer out. So, for the last 3 years CAK has had a lot of 1 year wonder wrestlers. They do final have some seniors on the team this year, but they are still having promblems getting and keeping a full team, and to make things worse the injury bug has begun to bite. Barring all of these they have a great feeder promblem They would be one of the top teams in the state this year if they didn't have any of this promblems, but they will still have a good year and a good chance to win district.

sO ARE YOU GETTING SOME OF THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OUT?

sO ARE YOU GETTING SOME OF THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OUT?

Trying to but they all want to work out for football. Their are a few of us that play football and wrestle but with demanding football program its hard to pull kids away. We have also had a few that wrestled and said they were going to take a year of but when you do that you just can't come back and be as good.

• 3 weeks later...