Nationals Practice - Chattanooga area

BayouBear

Based on conversation with parents and/or coaches, here is a list of kids considering or planning to compete in the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior Nationals.

Jay Adamson - Notre Dame

Tee Boone - Notre Dame

Ben Johnson - Baylor

Dan Wadell - Baylor

Zach Goss - McCallie

Ulric Winesburgh - Soddy

Tyler Roberson - Soddy

Matt Lettner - Soddy

Mikey Fuller - Soddy

Jason McCroskey- Soddy

Justin Hammons - Soddy

Jake Young - Ooltewah

Cody Sliger - Ooltewah

Danny Tolbert - Red Bank

David Mang - Bradley

Travis Creagan - Bradley

Justin Spain - Bradley

Practice will begin in Chattanooga on Monday, Feb. 26. If you would like more information or a practice schedule, E-mail Glenn Spain at GSpainAMC@aol.com.

Sorry in advance, but these practices will not be open to all wrestlers. This is not a camp or a clinic. It's hard practice and only intended for those wrestlers planning to compete in one of the national tournaments.

Any of the has-beens are more than welcome to come and watch. You can lean on the wall next to me and Raider76.

QUOTE(TojoYamamoto @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826379795[/snapback]I'm pretty sure BB meant Feb. 26 because nationals actually start March 28.

We have applied for a wild card spot for Jason McCroskey and I am confident we will get one. Justin Hammons also plans to compete.

Oops on the date. Tojo is right...it's next Monday. Correction made on the post.

Here's the link to the NHSCA:

Click here for the NHSCA

Here's the link for the Brute Nationals:

Click here for the Brute Nationals

The NHSCA tournament is in Virginia Beach, VA this year. The Brute Nationals are in Kansas City. The NHSCA is tougher and will have many more wrestlers. Many of the weight classes at the Sr Nationals will have over 75 entries. Last year was the 2nd year for the Juniors and the 1st year for the Sophomores. The Freshman will be wrestling for the first time this year. Last year there were around 40 in a bracket in the Juniors and the Sophomore brackets had less than 20. I would expect the numbers to grow in each group.

The Fr, So and Jr divisions weigh-in and begin wrestling on Wed. March 28th. The Finals are on Fri. March 30th.

Weigh-ins for the Senior Nationals are on Thurs. March 29th. Wrestlings begins on Friday with the Finals on Sunday Apr. 1.

The NHSCA tournment costs plenty. Entry fees are $45.00, tournament passes are $65.00 and Coaches Cards are $100. One good thing this year is the hotel rooms. Since it's off season on the beach, hotel rooms that cost $200-300 when it's warm, can be reserved for around $100. Raider76 and I have rooms reserved at the Cavalier Hotel for less than $100.

QUOTE(RMC @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826380780[/snapback]BayouBear....any of these guys going to compete in the Dixie Duals?

We are forming chattanooga teams to compete in the Dixie duals on March 23rd-24th. This would be an excellent tune up for the kids going to The nationals the nest week. Last year Tennessee didnt place in the over all scores because we didnt have a high school team entered. I have spoken to several area coaches about taking a high school division but I havent heard back yet. I am ordering uniforms tomorrow for the k-87th graders going so if anyone wants to step up and get together a high school team let me know asap. Pleae call me at 423 580 2739. Mike Sutherland

• 1 month later...