Union City - Lake County

LU_the_Eagle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826381940[/snapback]Congrats' to UC Tornadoes. Some closer that I would have expected. Question? If LC keeps getting to play UC, could they eventually beat them. If both schools keep winning, would there be two more times for the two to meet?

Union City and Lake County could possibly play two more times...Region Finals and State Finals....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826382172[/snapback]Union City and Lake County could possibly play two more times...Region Finals and State Finals....

I have not seen either team play.....but from what I read here it seems UC just "shocks" alot of teams with there speed, tempo, and 3 point shooting. ( 100 + points). I would think that the more someone plays them( close) that they would be more prepared for what was coming. It is one thing to read about what a team does or see it on film, but to actually play is something else!!!! Looks like some good games are coming!!!!!

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826381940[/snapback]Congrats' to UC Tornadoes. Some closer that I would have expected. Question? If LC keeps getting to play UC, could they eventually beat them. If both schools keep winning, would there be two more times for the two to meet?

Congrats to U.C.. But to answer your question..Yes U.C. has beaten Lake Co 3 times..And all 3 times Lake Co has had a chance to win,especially the last game and tonight...Lake Co played without starter Kevin Copeland,who didn't make the trip with the flu..Three of Lake Co's starters had 3 fouls at the half in Springer.Jackie Johnson and Channin Geanes..Lake Co was down by 12 at the half and could have folded the tent..Union City was subbing every 3 or 4 minutes with a different 5..A couple Dyer Co guys told me at the half that U.C. was going to run away with it because Lake Co would get tired..I told them it's been that way the past two games before and that Lake Co would make a run..Well ,Lake Co did make a run ..got to within 6 and Jackie Johnson fouled out..Lake Co climbed to within 3 and Springer fouled out..Lake Co inserted two subs..both committed about 4 lazy passes in a row and U.C. converted 1 or 2 of them into layups...Even at that ..Lake Co was basically playing with 3 against 5 and took the lead with just over a minute to play a couple times..Channin Geanes fouled out and Cedric Allen really won the game for U.C. with 3 clutch 3's in the last two minutes with U.C, trailing or tied..I'm not whining..U.C. has an excellent team..Lake Co was tired..no subs..Ans if Springer ,Channin ,etc would have been on the floor..I believe Lake Co would have won..Allen hit some bigs shots but the two subs are way too young to guard the likes of U.C.'s starters..I'm not blaming them for the loss..the speed was a little too much for them and they just made a couple lazy passes..At least Lake Co did't go in and play to lose..Most thought we would be better off by losing,myself included..but I found myself wanting to win this game toward the end..Two fine teams..Nothing to be ashamed of..But..even though we haven't beaten U.C...I feel like Lake Co is every bit as good and really should have won the past two games!

Congrats to District champ UC. They messed up my prediction but I will go out on a limb and Say LC wins the rematch in the Regional Final. We missed Kev's rebounding tonight. I will not say that the Falcons should have won but that they COULD HAVE won. All you want as a coach this time of year is to be in the game late and have a chance. The kids have got to finish, UC's players stepped up when they needed to. My hats off to them. Good luck 14A in the Region tourney. I am proud of LC tonight, they could have folded the tents but played as hard overall as I have seen all year. What a game out of Sep, he kept us in it in the First half.

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826382261[/snapback]Congrats to District champ UC. They messed up my prediction but I will go out on a limb and Say LC wins the rematch in the Regional Final. We missed Kev's rebounding tonight. I will not say that the Falcons should have won but that they COULD HAVE won. All you want as a coach this time of year is to be in the game late and have a chance. The kids have got to finish, UC's players stepped up when they needed to. My hats off to them. Good luck 14A in the Region tourney. I am proud of LC tonight, they could have folded the tents but played as hard overall as I have seen all year. What a game out of Sep, he kept us in it in the First half.

Both teams played hard..Congrats to U.C and to L.C...I don't believe anyone was asking for their money back!Both teams went to win and neither team laid down to maybe avoid Humboldt!Good luck to both teams in the tournament ..I sure would love to see them play 2 more times!

QUOTE(bigwes68 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826382257[/snapback]I'm glad we gave them all they could handle.....but I'm also glad we get to avoid Humboldt and UC until the regional finals. Let's beat them when it counts!

Wes..Sep played great tonight..He made some unbelievable shots..Channin really struggled with his shot in the first half..The second half.he played as well as he has all year...But..Russel Avery has really stepped up his game..Only a sophomore..he may not be the top scorer..but he has gotten better every game as the year has gone along!