REGION 5 PICKS

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826384399[/snapback]Cascade plays East Lit. Forrest plays Houston Co. I am rooting for all district 9A teams. Good luck to all teams involved.

Go Champs

I know who plays cascade i was just not paying attention when I wrote that. Sorry. I am cheering for cascade to win vs east lit. I want D9 to do well in the regions also. Good luck to all....(GO VB)

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826384407[/snapback]I would love to see another Cascade - VB game. VB runs a first class program and have nice and friendly fans as well. Wish we could both go to sub state. Good luck all.

It would be a great game to watch. It would also be awesome to have both teams go to sub-state. Thank you for the comment. Cascade also has some of the best fans around and show great support for your team. Every time we play you guys i come to watch cause it is alway a great game. I it was wonderful to see cascade beat forrest for the championship. I was rooting for cascade the whole game. # 12 and #13 can really play ball. I hope there is a rematch in regions. Good luck to both....(GO VB)

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826384423[/snapback]It would be a great game to watch. It would also be awesome to have both teams go to sub-state. Thank you for the comment. Cascade also has some of the best fans around and show great support for your team. Every time we play you guys i come to watch cause it is alway a great game. I it was wonderful to see cascade beat forrest for the championship. I was rooting for cascade the whole game. # 12 and #13 can really play ball. I hope there is a rematch in regions. Good luck to both....(GO VB)

I did not get to see Cascade and VB play during the regular season but last week I was equally impressed with you guys. When I saw your starting lineup I thought we were in trouble, because size overall you guys are tall at all five starting positions. I guarantee it would be another close shootout between these two teams. Good luck and beat NCS.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826384428[/snapback]I did not get to see Cascade and VB play during the regular season but last week I was equally impressed with you guys. When I saw your starting lineup I thought we were in trouble, because size overall you guys are tall at all five starting positions. I guarantee it would be another close shootout between these two teams. Good luck and beat NCS.

Yes we are tall in the starting line up. Your guy are smaller (beside the big man in the middle) but faster and shoot great from outside. I hope you take care of business against east lit. we just aot to take care of our business against the team that put us out last year. Only one thing to be said to the vb coach great job on having four all district players. You only came in third put at least we know we have the players to take us further into this tourney. (GO VB)

Here goes:

Cascade by 3 (in a nail biter)

Forrest by 10 (they will get this lead quick and keep it all night)

WH-H by 5 (they seem to be clicking and Eagleville will rush just enough shots to keep them out of it)

VB by 1 (I admit I am picking with my heart - we must play an entire game or we will not have a chance of pulling this out)

Semis:

Forrest by 2 over WH-H (i think the district finals were a wake up call and shankle will go out with a bang)

VB by 3 over Cascade (again a heart pick - I think we are just as good as them, and away from their home floor will make the difference)

Finals:

VB by 8 over Forrest ( I just think it's our time)

Let me end by saying we all pick based on who "want" to win and obviously I am doing the same - but in all reality every game in this region will be a pick'em game. You could have just as much luck drawing from a hat in my opinion. Good luck to all!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826384153[/snapback]Okay, now I'm confused, the whole time I thought you were a Forrest fan going by your name. Now that you said "we" played.... I'm guessing your actually a Cascade fan or player. So is the name reflective of your college loyalty? Possibly a Kentucky Wildcat fan? Just curious...

I don't know how to explain the name; I didn't pick it and I have no idea what it means. I inherited it. Even though I am a Bedford Co redneck, I am a fan of Forrest basketball (Forrest football is a whole different deal LOL). I try to be a fan of all these kids that give it all they got in sports. Its easy to always be critical, and most of the atheletes are trying their hardest.

Treyvols asked about last East Lit game. EL played a 2-2-1 zone (not a 1-2-2).They play it all the way out at half court some time, and pack it down to the top of circle others. Its unusual and it gave Cascade fits. Champs never got any comfort level against it. Also, Cascade was not a good rebounding team and these cats are. They are not real talented on offense; they will drive into the lane and throw up something and then crash hard. Put backs will be the difference in this game. Cascade will probable do better against their D with time to prepare and tape to watch. We'll have to see if Cascade can rebound better. East Lit games are usually low scoring- teams have trouble scoring against this D and EL has trouble scoring against a team that will play some D.

I thought I would pass on this information I copied from a site called unapproved website.

Congratulations to all nominated for this honorary award from Region 5A.

Class A: All-Region Selections

Written by Andre Whitehead

Tuesday, 13 February 2007

It's playoff time in Tennessee and with that comes the announcing of the various glitter squads that accompany those honors.

TENNESSEE PREP HOOPS ALL-REGION SELECTIONS

REGION 5A

Corey Shankle-Forrest (MVP)

Aaron Aldaffer-Eagleville

Darren Baker-Van Buren County

Kelvin Winrow-East Literature

Tico Andrews-East Robertson

Brandon Hall-Cascade

Justin Smith-Van Buren County

Russell Frazier-Nashville Christian

Jared Hill-White House-Heritage

Nick Schnapp-Forrest

QUOTE(BlueRocket @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:45 AM) 826385617[/snapback]I thought I would pass on this information I copied from a site called unapproved website.

Congratulations to all nominated for this honorary award from Region 5A.

Class A: All-Region Selections

Written by Andre Whitehead

Tuesday, 13 February 2007

It's playoff time in Tennessee and with that comes the announcing of the various glitter squads that accompany those honors.

TENNESSEE PREP HOOPS ALL-REGION SELECTIONS

I'm guessing there was suppose to be a link with this entry. If not, you lost me.......Sorry