REGION 5 PICKS

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826389991[/snapback]No alliance that I know of, Voice. I don't even know a single person from VB. I've only stated on here a few times how much i enjoy watching Baker play. I think that because one of your fans, Fresh, comes on here talking so much smack he rubs alot of people the wrong way. I think Forrest did more, with less talent than anyone in the district this year. I think there are probably 4-5 teams with more talent in our region, but your coach seems to always get the absolute best out of his talent. I admire the Forrest program, especially your spring sports (softball and baseball) unfortunately you have some Coach Tier's that some of us let get under our skin when we shouldn't.

Think I might have don't that to ya a time or two cascade11. Fresh is just proud. Kinda his "birth-right" If anyone every had anyone in their family thats a really good player in sports they kinda know alittle of how he feels. If hall plays like he did at the end of the season the whole next season your looking at the MVP!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... Look guys. Most of you probably don't know all the people i know. I have had at least 10 people call me and ask why Corey didn't get Mr. Basketball nomination. People that know what they are talking about. Corey wins all these awards for a reason. He is the best player in the region. Most coaches will tell you that. All these PREP hoops sites have him in the top 20 seniors. He won region MVP in their mag. There are not 5 players in the midstate better in single A. So there is def not 5 in our sorry district. Just look at the numbers. Oh and congradultions to Corey for going over 1700 points the other night. Some of the people might not realize this. But our district was terrible and our region isnt much better.

I hate VB and Cascade. I like some of the guys on Cascade but I sure don't like all the weird people from VB. You guys sound so stupid on here teaming up. I hope VB joins cascade at home after Tuesday. Most of the things you say are stupid and wrong... and you think you know as much as recruiting services/coaches/magazines/sports writers. You don't... You people talk down and hate on Corey bc he is the best. Bottom line. Everyone knows that when you are the best everyone tries to bring you down.

QUOTE(voiceofrockets @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826389999[/snapback]Think I might have don't that to ya a time or two cascade11. Fresh is just proud. Kinda his "birth-right" If anyone every had anyone in their family thats a really good player in sports they kinda know alittle of how he feels. If hall plays like he did at the end of the season the whole next season your looking at the MVP!

I'm 40, Voice and I'm pretty sure that to this day, my younger brother is still in the top five all time scorers at Community, and I can assure you I never openly bragged on him during his career even though I can't remember ever missing one of his games. He was eight years younger than me, so I felt more like a father to him than a brother and still didn't do that. You spoke of alliances with Van Buren, and that was the wrong term. It's called mutual respect for one another. Other than congratulating Cascade on winning the district, all I've heard from Fresh all year is how much better his brother is than everyone else in the district. I'm not a college recruiter, but I can assure you there is a huge difference between high school talent and college talent. His brother has played out of position his entire high school career as is often the case with smaller schools. You play where they need you, not where your natural position is. What will hurt Shankle is that he has neither the jumping ability of defensive skills to play a post in college and hasn't had the opportunity to develop his outside game in high school. No fault of his or his coaches. He did what he had to do to help Forrest win, unfortunately that will in my opinion be the reason he'll not have success at the next level. I hope I'm wrong and I hope he proves me wrong by going ahead and having a brilliant college career. I happen to be a realist and that is how I see things.

ya u know what i agree w what u just said... I brag sometimes but its more i just love him and don't think he gets the respect he deserves. he does play wrong spot but im not talking about college. I am talking about high school. I may be ridiculous sometimes on here but I am just having fun. You guys are ridiculous sometimes too. Its all for fun.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826390020[/snapback]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... Look guys. Most of you probably don't know all the people i know. I have had at least 10 people call me and ask why Corey didn't get Mr. Basketball nomination. People that know what they are talking about. Corey wins all these awards for a reason. He is the best player in the region. Most coaches will tell you that. All these PREP hoops sites have him in the top 20 seniors. He won region MVP in their mag. There are not 5 players in the midstate better in single A. So there is def not 5 in our sorry district. Just look at the numbers. Oh and congradultions to Corey for going over 1700 points the other night. Some of the people might not realize this. But our district was terrible and our region isnt much better.

I hate VB and Cascade. I like some of the guys on Cascade but I sure don't like all the weird people from VB. You guys sound so stupid on here teaming up. I hope VB joins cascade at home after Tuesday. Most of the things you say are stupid and wrong... and you think you know as much as recruiting services/coaches/magazines/sports writers. You don't... You people talk down and hate on Corey bc he is the best. Bottom line. Everyone knows that when you are the best everyone tries to bring you down.

I cant hate on you for supporting your brother. Thats what brothers do. I will put him up at the top in the region for MVP honors and he deserved regular season MVP in the district. I will disagree with you though that he should be put up for Mr. Basketball. No disrespect to the Forrest community or to Corey but like you said fresh this distrcit and region has nothing on other regions in the state. He is a good ball player but not Mr. basketball worthy. I know you will trash this comment probably but thats okay because if you know basketball like I think you do, all you have to do is go west to Union City and see if Corey could even hang with those guys. Hes District and Regional good but not Mr. Basketball good. Good luck the rest of the way to all teams left competing.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826390020[/snapback]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... Look guys. Most of you probably don't know all the people i know. I have had at least 10 people call me and ask why Corey didn't get Mr. Basketball nomination. People that know what they are talking about. Corey wins all these awards for a reason. He is the best player in the region. Most coaches will tell you that. All these PREP hoops sites have him in the top 20 seniors. He won region MVP in their mag. There are not 5 players in the midstate better in single A. So there is def not 5 in our sorry district. Just look at the numbers. Oh and congradultions to Corey for going over 1700 points the other night. Some of the people might not realize this. But our district was terrible and our region isnt much better.

7 out of the 8 teams that started in our region tournament were ranked in the top 30 in the state. I doubt any other region can boast that...

QUOTE(eaglesfly56 @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:12 PM) 826390161[/snapback]7 out of the 8 teams that started in our region tournament were ranked in the top 30 in the state. I doubt any other region can boast that...

Exactly...this region is better from top to bottom then any other in 1A in the state guaranteed...East Robertson finished 7th in District 10 and I guarantee they could finish top 4 in alomost any other district. 7 out of 8 in the top 30 is awesome

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826390132[/snapback]ya u know what i agree w what u just said... I brag sometimes but its more i just love him and don't think he gets the respect he deserves. he does play wrong spot but im not talking about college. I am talking about high school. I may be ridiculous sometimes on here but I am just having fun. You guys are ridiculous sometimes too. Its all for fun.

Its all right fresh, it hasn't changed any, no one has ever thought Forrest has had any talent.

But WE DO!

Hold on now......not everyone on this board hates Forrest and hates Shankle. I enjoy watching him and Forrest compete against my hometown Champs, I enjoy watching VBC, there is not anyone in the district I just hate to watch unless it is Boyd Christian and that is simply because they are so bad. If a team plays good basketball if we are truly fans, we should enjoy watching them play because it is about the kids. Shankle is a very good player and the best of luck to Forrest and Eagleville, now that my champs are home I refuse to hate on teams from our own district because the better they do, the better we all are! Maybe someday it will be our turn or VBC's turn and the support from the other teams would be welcome!

QUOTE(baller88 @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826390285[/snapback]Hold on now......not everyone on this board hates Forrest and hates Shankle. I enjoy watching him and Forrest compete against my hometown Champs, I enjoy watching VBC, there is not anyone in the district I just hate to watch unless it is Boyd Christian and that is simply because they are so bad. If a team plays good basketball if we are truly fans, we should enjoy watching them play because it is about the kids. Shankle is a very good player and the best of luck to Forrest and Eagleville, now that my champs are home I refuse to hate on teams from our own district because the better they do, the better we all are! Maybe someday it will be our turn or VBC's turn and the support from the other teams would be welcome!

You are like a breath of fresh air. I hope it becomes infectious. And by the way over the years I have enjoyed the matchups between Forrest and Cascade they have always been hard played games.

QUOTE(rockets @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826390231[/snapback]Its all right fresh, it hasn't changed any, no one has ever thought Forrest has had any talent.

But WE DO!

Fresh is actually the one that has criticized the talent at Forrest (outside of his brother ofcourse) more than anyone. I didn't say there was no talent at Forrest. I said there was less talent than some of the other teams including Cascade. I also said that Forrest is by far the best at getting the most out of their talent. At some point in time you people over there in Chapel Hill need to get that chip off your shoulder and stop taking everything to heart. There is talent there, (probably less in basketball than other sports), and your Coaching staff in all sports are top notch. You have more state titles than anyone else, so be proud in the fact and don't be so quick to defend everytime someone steps on your toes a bit.

this is for fresh.I have coached AAU for 15 years and your brother is a pretty good high school player.I can name five players that I have seen this year that are better-no disrespect- just a reality check.Frazier from Nashville Christian,Hill from WH-Heritage,Head from Jo Byrns,Tico Andrews from East Robertson,and Demario Williams from Culleoka--that's just the ones that come to mind Forrest has a great program and they get a lot out of their players,your brother is a good kid and I have some first hand knowledge,but tone it down a little bit and do him a favor as well as everyone that reads this,and another thing-this is a great region-your district has 4 good teams and the other district has 7 of 8 that are good teams.