HOT NEWS ON COACHING CHANGES

coachtcyclone

NEWS FLASH JUST IN-

I heard this morning that Daniel Boone Girls Head Coach and former Hampton player, Tim Campbell will be the new Boys Basketball Coach at Hampton High.My source says that Campbell is far enough removed to not be an insider that would be tied to their problems but still a DAWG!

This person said that Leon Tolley does not want the job and if Len Dugger goes to Eliz,Tolley will be the JV Coach and varsity asst!

Wow,good news for Hampton and Betsy,both will prosper with these two guys!

I would bet that if Tim gets the job,older brother JR, who is Principal at Little Milligan would be an asst,again a win,win situation for Hampton,JR is a former DAWG asst and former Johnson Co Head Coach.

That would leave, WHO to take over at Hampton for the girls.That too may be in the works,I understand that a certain RANGER dad isnt pleased with Kenneth Chambers and may have the votes to make a change,if so, look for Cahmbers to be moved from Unaka to Hampton as Girls Head Coach!

WOW!!!

Also,I hear that Betsy Girls Coach Larry Weems is interested in going into Adm and may give up coaching,sad because he is a very good coach and has loads of talent from fresh to junior class!

Who would take the Betsy job?

Again, if dugger doesnt get the Boys job,look for Leon Tolley to come to Eliz as Girls coach!

Give me your thoughts!

krich,starman where are you when I need you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826382447[/snapback]NEWS FLASH JUST IN-

I heard this morning that Daniel Boone Girls Head Coach and former Hampton player, Tim Campbell will be the new Boys Basketball Coach at Hampton High.My source says that Campbell is far enough removed to not be an insider that would be tied to their problems but still a DAWG!

This person said that Leon Tolley does not want the job and if Len Dugger goes to Eliz,Tolley will be the JV Coach and varsity asst!

I would bet that if Tim gets the job,older brother JR, who is Principal at Little Milligan would be an asst,again a win,win situation for Hampton,JR is a former DAWG asst and former Johnson Co Head Coach.

That would leave, WHO to take over at Hampton for the girls.That too may be in the works,I understand that a certain RANGER dad isnt pleased with Kenneth Chambers and may have the votes to make a change,if so, look for Cahmbers to be moved from Unaka to Hampton as Girls Head Coach!

WOW!!!

Also,I hear that Betsy Girls Coach Larry Weems is interested in going into Adm and may give up coaching,sad because he is a very good coach and has loads of talent from fresh to junior class!

Again, if duuger doesnt get the Boys job,look for Leon Tolley to come to Eliz as Girls coach!

Give me your thoughts!

This is a bad time for this type of rumor to be flying, Think for a second what this info will do to the Boone girls heading into regionals not to mention your own Betsy girls. While it is certainly newsworthy if true, your timing is shameful.

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826382447[/snapback]NEWS FLASH JUST IN-

WOW!!!

Again, if duuger doesnt get the Boys job,look for Leon Tolley to come to Eliz as Girls coach!

Give me your thoughts!

Your CRAZY!

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826382478[/snapback]This is a bad time for this type of rumor to be flying, Think for a second what this info will do to the Boone girls heading into regionals not to mention your own Betsy girls. While it is certainly newsworthy if true, your timing is shameful.

Not shameful at all!

Betsy girls knew that Weems had an interest in ADM earlier this year and I NOR NONNE said Tim Campbell was even interested in Ahmpton,just that his name was mentioned as their next Head Coach,you think maybe he might have some sayso in that one!

Again, it was put out as NEW info,if everything posted on here was GOSPEL,then it would be different.

I cant speak for the girls but I dont think this would effect how either team plays!

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826382533[/snapback]Not shameful at all!

Betsy girls knew that Weems had an interest in ADM earlier this year and I NOR NONNE said Tim Campbell was even interested in Ahmpton,just that his name was mentioned as their next Head Coach,you think maybe he might have some sayso in that one!

Again, it was put out as NEW info,if everything posted on here was GOSPEL,then it would be different.

I cant speak for the girls but I dont think this would effect how either team plays!

You obviously don't know much about student athletes. The news that a coach is leaving can be devastating for both boys and girls whether true or ,in your case, hearsay. It seems irresponsible to post such things, particularly with all these teams prearing for regionals.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826382558[/snapback]You obviously don't know much about student athletes. The news that a coach is leaving can be devastating for both boys and girls whether true or ,in your case, hearsay. It seems irresponsible to post such things, particularly with all these teams prearing for regionals.

I obviously do!

I have my own,THANK YOU!!!

If you dont like the info put out,dont read it!

This site is soley for informing fans and is fun reading,I didnt make this stuff up!

If you are so up on your coaches and teams then go find out the truth!

IF,you read the WHOLE POST,I asked krich and starman to comment,I find most of their info is very reliable.

krich has some inside connection at Betsy that usually tells him whats happening before it happens and starman has much of the same.

Go out and cheer your team on and if they let a post about a coach leaving or changing jobs cause them to loose,then they dont deserve to win anyway,even if its my beloved CYCLONES!

GOD BLESS YOU!

WOW!!!

Give me your thoughts!

haha do u actaully think Tolley would leave Hampton for Elizabethton? you have lost your mind...

I understand that Tim Campbell has always been interested in returning to Hampton and this very well could be good timing for him. Leon Tolley is devoted to the Dogs in whatever capacity they need him to be and I've always admired him for that. I know Leon and Len are very good friends and have always talked about coaching together one day. It may be a long shot for both of them to land at EHS but if it were to happen, good luck in finding a seat in AL John Treadway gymnasium.

After talking with Coach Weems a few times, I believe he is pretty content right where he is (and why wouldn't he be). He's doing a great job and gets phenomenal respect from both players and fans from EHS. He seems to be a first class guy on and off the court.

As far as Coach Chambers goes, if he makes a move, it will be upward, not lateral (AA possibly even AAA).

Bottom line is all of these coaches are great ones and any area team would be blessed to add them to their staff. And, I see nothing shameful about posting any information on here as long as it pertains to East Tennessee basketball. I've talked to school board members, athletic directors and coaches from different schools from time to time and more often than not topics like the one mentioned above often come up.

To those of you who think Len Dugger is not the top candidate for the Head job at EHS, you're wrong. At one time, Mr. Ed was out and everyone said he would never be back and the voters spoke out and elected a new school board, and guess what, Ed's back and from what I'm hearing from at least 1 school board member (a friend of mine) and a whole lot of cyclone boosters, is they want Len Dugger as head coach of the Cyclones. And, we all can't forget, Mike Wilson is still the coach until Mike Wilson decides to give it up and we should support him if he stays.

So here's my shameful comment for you blood thirsty sharks to circle around, "All the above mentioned programs are going to be playing baseball and softball a lot sooner than expected."

GO CYCLONES!

Don't just be proud, be thankful!

Chambers is not certified to teach High school and some systems would not hire a coach if they couldn't teach in the school. The boardmember that's not happy, well there's alot not happy with him either. Don't think Tolley will leave Hampton and alot depends on what these teachers are certified to teach as to whether they would get hired or not - most systems are looking for good teachers as well as a good coach.

QUOTE(cucry @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826382848[/snapback]Chambers is not certified to teach High school and some systems would not hire a coach if they couldn't teach in the school. The boardmember that's not happy, well there's alot not happy with him either. Don't think Tolley will leave Hampton and alot depends on what these teachers are certified to teach as to whether they would get hired or not - most systems are looking for good teachers as well as a good coach.

Oh My another board member is unhappy with a coach. Give me a freaking break! Who is this board member some mountain inbred with NO teeth and NO formal education trying to dictate policy over an educator with more intelligence than they have. I hope this coach tells them to stick their worthless job up their anal orifice.