David Lipscomb@Giles County

cardinals_09

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bballmom10 @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826388492[/snapback]Very true. I have seen CPA several times this year as well as Giles County. CPA is very very tough to beat anywhere because they bring what feels like their entire school to every game. Lipscomb played CPA very well this year splitting the regular season with them and the win coming with everyone being healthy and strong. It's impossible for an outsider looking in to know how tough Slater's injury has been. The rest of the guys stepped it up for a good part of the season but it just got to be too much in the end. The Giles county fans showed absolutely no class when chanting to Josh after he was down again with his ankle. To see the pain on his face was heartbreaking and to then have the crowd mock him was awful. The student section can be such an asset to a team, but this is actually the first time I experienced them being cruel after an injury. Most people, even teenagers, know when it's time to have silence. That said, CPA will send Giles Co. home with their tails between their legs. If they somehow get by CPA (and pigs fly and the Cubs win the series) they will have the daunting task of playing MLK or Pearl Cohn.

CPA and Lipscomb did not split during the regular season. DL won both regular season games with Slater playing marvelously in both games. CPA won the game in the district tournament in a low scoring affair that can be attributed to Slater not being 100 %. I was not at the GC game but I am saddened to hear how the student section acted. Slater is a class kid and a joy to watch play particularly when he is healthy. After reading your message I look forward to seeing the folks from Pulaski taking an old fashioned whipping from CPA.

I too was very disapponted in the manner in which the GC students acted when Slater went down.

Even more sad was the fact that several GC players seemed to be taunting Slater when they walked by him.

Not a great deal of class. But if thats what everyone was trying to accomplish, all I can say is "well done"!

Guest bballmom10

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826388829[/snapback]CPA and Lipscomb did not split during the regular season. DL won both regular season games with Slater playing marvelously in both games. CPA won the game in the district tournament in a low scoring affair that can be attributed to Slater not being 100 %. I was not at the GC game but I am saddened to hear how the student section acted. Slater is a class kid and a joy to watch play particularly when he is healthy. After reading your message I look forward to seeing the folks from Pulaski taking an old fashioned whipping from CPA.

you're right, dl did win both games against cpa. the last several games are a bit of a blur and i am remembering the last second loss to pearl cohn instead. i know that all the students at gc don't participate and agree with the ugliness, unfortunately that's what everyone sees. i hope the rest of the post season is a good one and i pray that josh gets healthy so he can enjoy a great run as a bison.

QUOTE(bballmom10 @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826388868[/snapback]you're right, dl did win both games against cpa. the last several games are a bit of a blur and i am remembering the last second loss to pearl cohn instead. i know that all the students at gc don't participate and agree with the ugliness, unfortunately that's what everyone sees. i hope the rest of the post season is a good one and i pray that josh gets healthy so he can enjoy a great run as a bison.

If you are talking about number 2, he needs more than a healthy ankle to be successful at the next level. I think it's called attitude and game.

QUOTE(Alleycat @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826388845[/snapback]I too was very disapponted in the manner in which the GC students acted when Slater went down.

Even more sad was the fact that several GC players seemed to be taunting Slater when they walked by him.

Not a great deal of class. But if thats what everyone was trying to accomplish, all I can say is "well done"!

I don't feel Mr. Slater demostrated very much class with his whining and constant shoving of the GC players. Also 24 was a class act also !!!!!!!!

QUOTE(tnbasketball07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826389237[/snapback]Haha, you've obviously never seen Slater play when he's healthy.

Mr 07 I saw enough last night to know. He wasn't even the best player on your team. GC had three players who were better. If he was nominated for McDonald's AA, it must have been for your local one. haha

Listen Im not even a Lipscomb fan, but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Slater has a hurt ankle along with nagging knee injuries. You are on here talking smack, but you havent done anything. I wish you the best of luck vs CPA, and I think you will win, but 9AA is so much better than 10AA. You were not on here talking smack last year when you lost in the first round of regionals in your home gym to the 9AA four seed. I thought Giles County was such a tough place to play, guess not. But I wish theGiles County team the best of luck, but their fans need to stop coming on here talking abot stuff that they know nothing about.

QUOTE(smokin75 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826389288[/snapback]Mr 07 I saw enough last night to know. He wasn't even the best player on your team. GC had three players who were better. If he was nominated for McDonald's AA, it must have been for your local one. haha

so you see Slater play one time on a bad leg and make a comment like that. I saw him outplay Willie Kemp last year. I saw him bury Brentwood Academy with 28 points to win the Battle of the States and was given the MVP of the tournament. I saw him totally dominate CPA in the game at DL. Yes he had some bad games but all and all the kid is a player who gutted out the last third of the season. So before you make a comment like that maybe you should see someone play more than once and with an injury to boot. After Mason/Miller and the rest of the CPA gang sent you packing tues night you'll have a greater appreciation for Slater. He got 23 pts 13 rebounds and 9 assists in a DL win against them this season when he was healthy. Let's see if anyone at GC can match that stat line.

Yeah it will have to be someone from gc to match that line because dl want be playin in that game.. The guy that can and i think will match it will be Creshaun Holt he is a good shooter from inside and out and being 6'6 makes him even tougher to guard outside he dominated the boards and had 5 blocked shots against dl if giles countys coach would start him and leave him in for longer than 5 min he would match it easly

Um if a school gives scholarships then they have to be in Division 2. So that means that no 9AA team gives scholarships. Also I know Pearl Cohn aint a private school. And both Hume Fogg and MLK are magnet schools where you only get in if you make certain grades and they are both ranked in the top 50 public schools in the nation for academics. Didn't Giles get beat by Hume Fogg last year in the first round at regionals at Giles County. Well good luck to your team, because they are better than CPA.