Grace and Harriman!

bob367

Slusher hit the three in overtime that proved to be the game winner.

I don't think Wannamaker is a joke. In fact I think he's an overachiever. He's maybe 6' tall and is skinny as a rail yet he's the game's leading rebounder and his rebounding and hustle carried Grace down the stretch. I'm sure his emotions got the better of him after the game and I'm also sure that Coach Lamb will take care of it. (but he might not want to crowd the plate against Rockwood if he plays baseball)

And you want to speak of class, Grace's fans gave Chatman a huge ovation when it was announced that he scored his 1,000th career point.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826384027[/snapback]Slusher hit the three in overtime that proved to be the game winner.

I don't think Wannamaker is a joke. In fact I think he's an overachiever. He's maybe 6' tall and is skinny as a rail yet he's the game's leading rebounder and his rebounding and hustle carried Grace down the stretch. I'm sure his emotions got the better of him after the game and I'm also sure that Coach Lamb will take care of it. (but he might not want to crowd the plate against Rockwood if he plays baseball)

And you want to speak of class, Grace's fans gave Chatman a huge ovation when it was announced that he scored his 1,000th career point.

I totally agree with you goosevol. Wannamaker is a great kid who gives 100% the whole game. He was very excited and emotional after the game. Still not sure that he was "taunting" because he came to the sideline with the Grace Christian and Rockwood fans were sitting next to each other and was obviously very pumped up and happy with the outcome and award. Got to remember though, this is all new to Grace. They are only in the third year of basketball, baseball and football. This is very exciting to the kids and the program.

Once again, congrats to Chatman on his 1000th career point and to Rockwood on the big win over Cosby.

Grace Christian Academy...................Building Champions For Christ

Well did you expect anything less from a private school kid?

[/quote

Did you see the game? Before tip off and the individual players were introduced were you there? Did you notice the Grace Christian Academy Players run on the court, then go over to the Harriman Coach, shake his hand, then go to each Ref and shake their hand before going back to their team to get ready for the start? What did the Harriman team do? Did you hear the Grace fans cheer for the Harriman team when the game was over and the Harriman team was honored for being runner up? What did you hear from the Harriman section when Grace Christian Academy was announced as winners? Just what is it that you expect from your players and coaches? One thing I can tell you and did tell the Harriman coach after the game, Harriman has the most tallent and complete athletes that I have seen Grace Christian Academy play all season. They played their heart out, Grace played their hearts out, and everyone who attended the game saw teen aged young men try their hardest to represent their schools and fans as best they could. I am proud of each and every player and coach. By the way....... Public or Private, they are 15 to 18 year old young men and they act their age sometimes. Most time it's we adults that don't!

JKH

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826383837[/snapback]Wannamaker was the difference in the game tonight. Without him, Harriman wins by 10+. But he did taunt Rockwood after the game and I imagine he'll be disiciplined or talked to pretty good if the coach finds out. Also Harriman's fans don't need to be throwing stuff at Grace's fans and players after the game. Hopefully they found that person and they won't be attending next week's Region 2-A Tournament.

All-in-all it was a great game/tournament.

Looks like i was at the game Ram Fan. And i was right in front of him when he did it.. good luck in region

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826383787[/snapback]I am not sure if you were at the same game as I because you mistook his excitement as taunting. He pointed straight up to God when he won his award. There were Grace fans over there and he was just going up to them. Adrian is an excellent kid and our kids deserve to be excited after going from last place two years ago with 8th and 9th graders and coming to the point we're at this year. If you paid attention, you would know that all of the Grace fans we're pulling, yelling and cheering for Rockwood against Cosby tonight, but I guess you missed that. Our kids, both our players and our student section, deserve to be happy and to celebrate. Our fans and players do have class and I wish you (i.e. Rockwood) good luck in your region game(s).

as soon as the game end wannamaker ran over to the rockwood student section where all of the rockwood basketball players and students were and grabbed himself and told us to "s*** him" and that really showed some great christian additude for their school and for him.And then he saluted us and said "that was how a real team played ball"so he is a real class act and he was not pointing to god he was pointing at us i was there and seen him do it.I just hope that he plays baseball!!Yes your kids do deserve to be excited but they dont deserve to grabb themselves esp. when you go to a christian school!!really classy wannamaker!!!

QUOTE(crazytarheel11 @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826385662[/snapback]as soon as the game end wannamaker ran over to the rockwood student section where all of the rockwood basketball players and students were and grabbed himself and told us to "s*** him" and that really showed some great christian additude for their school and for him.And then he saluted us and said "that was how a real team played ball"so he is a real class act and he was not pointing to god he was pointing at us i was there and seen him do it.I just hope that he plays baseball!!Yes your kids do deserve to be excited but they dont deserve to grabb themselves esp. when you go to a christian school!!really classy wannamaker!!!

You can make up all the garbage you want to and put it on here. I was right there also and he did none of that. Yes, he grabbed the top of his shirt and pulled it up. He pounded his chest and pointed to the crowd and yes he saluted the crowd but you need to get your facts straight about what all he said and did. You need to turn up your hearing aid and change your glasses. You know, it's people like you that alway's put down private and/or Christian schools and try to give them a bad name because you think that one excited kid shows his emotions and you take it the wrong way and now the school has a bad name. So please, lay off the bashing bandwagon and quit going by what you hear from everyone else. By the way, the person sitting beside me was taping the game and I am sure I can get you the copy of the excitement..... AKA,the truth.