Smith County vs. Greenbrier - Starting at 5:00

owls

QUOTE(Jakeleg Jake @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826386203[/snapback]Not sure either school has football and if they do you can bet a tub o' suds they don't care about it.

If the FOOTBALL banquet had been scheduled for Saturday night...you can bet we wouldn't be playing basketball there...probably have to have a Sunday afternoon game...

QUOTE(Jakeleg Jake @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826384389[/snapback]What could be more improtant than the opening round of the region basketball tournament? Must be the football awards banquet or something. Bet if this happened at Bolivar or Jackson Liberty the "other" event would have to move to another night.

What difference does it make what time the game is played?...Our boys are going to be ready...

Have you ever thought that there are activities that go on in a school that are as important as a basketball game?...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(QueenBee @ Feb 23 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826386337[/snapback]If the FOOTBALL banquet had been scheduled for Saturday night...you can bet we wouldn't be playing basketball there...probably have to have a Sunday afternoon game...

What difference does it make what time the game is played?...Our boys are going to be ready...

Have you ever thought that there are activities that go on in a school that are as important as a basketball game?...

Queen on the basketball board?? Did I see you at Upperman, at a Basketball game the other night? I believe I did. And since you weren't helping them with their concession stand, that would mean you were there by choice. Perhaps someone has had a change of heart for bball??? lol

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 23 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826386355[/snapback]Queen on the basketball board?? Did I see you at Upperman, at a Basketball game the other night? I believe I did. And since you weren't helping them with their concession stand, that would mean you were there by choice. Perhaps someone has had a change of heart for bball??? lol

She has a sweet spot for roundball!!!!

QUOTE(QueenBee @ Feb 23 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826386337[/snapback]If the FOOTBALL banquet had been scheduled for Saturday night...you can bet we wouldn't be playing basketball there...probably have to have a Sunday afternoon game...

Trust me….it would be the FOOTBALL banquet that would be moved to Sunday if there was a conflict. The TSSAA has a little say-so as to when the BASKETBALL region tournament is to be played.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 23 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826386355[/snapback]Queen on the basketball board?? Did I see you at Upperman, at a Basketball game the other night? I believe I did. And since you weren't helping them with their concession stand, that would mean you were there by choice. Perhaps someone has had a change of heart for bball??? lol

Yes...You DID see Queen Bee at Upperman, but rumor has it she was there only too see Flo and Vera. You'll have to ask her about that, though! LOL

Actually, we were ALL there to support our OWLS and we will be at that Greenbrier game full force. The crowd is with you OWLS and everybody will know it on Saturday night! GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!

I have a soft spot for some of those football players that play basketball!!!...YEP...that's it...and they know exactly who they are...I love those boys...

The only reason I was there the other night...is because I got tired of hearing how bad the boys were...how they couldn't do anything...and that they wouldn't get anywhere in the tournament...I wanted them to know that I believe in them...that I know that they have given their best...and you can't ask for anything more than that...

Did they lose?...Yes they did, were they embarrassed?...No, they were not...they played with heart...and even though I HATE basketball...show me some kids with heart...and I'll support them...in whatever they choose to do...

My Flo and Vera...I'll go to the ends of the earth to see those two!!!...I LOVE them...Owllady1...they got under my skin early on...they're mine forever!!!

QUOTE(COACHHARD @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826386764[/snapback]Trust me….it would be the FOOTBALL banquet that would be moved to Sunday if there was a conflict. The TSSAA has a little say-so as to when the BASKETBALL region tournament is to be played.

I was joking...I know the rules...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh...

QUOTE(Jakeleg Jake @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826384389[/snapback]What could be more improtant than the opening round of the region basketball tournament? Must be the football awards banquet or something. Bet if this happened at Bolivar or Jackson Liberty the "other" event would have to move to another night.

no it has nothing to do with football-- it is the annual high school play -- it is scheduled this weekend every year

and of course those non athletes need attention, too

big thanks to greenbrier for agreeing to the change -- that's very commendable

GO BIG OWLS !! YOU GUYS HAVE WAITED A VERY VERY LONG TIME TO PLAY IN THE REGION

THE DISTRICT IS OVER --- GO ONLY FORWARD NOW

WE NEED ALL OF YOU TO SCORE TONIGHT --- ALL OF YOU --- EACH WITH DOUBLE DIGITS WOULD BE NICE

WE WILL PACK THE GYM FOR YOU !!! KEEP IT ROLLING YOU CAN DO IT

NO MATTER HOW AND WHEN THE SEASON END -- YOU'RE BEEN THE BEST SO CALLED CINDERELLA TEAM I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(QueenBee @ Feb 24 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826387594[/snapback]I hereby doth declareth that all basketballeth activity begin at fiveth o'clocketh...

I love it...I'm home!!!...and the boys WON...GO OWLS!!!

Good to see you are finally coming around Queenie. Great Job Owls! Don't stop Believ'in!