Girls Lacrosse - Cookeville/Baxter

gatorbillmsu

I am new to the Cookville area, moving the family down this summer. My youngest daughter will be going into 6th grade and has a HUGE interest in Lacrosse. I am told that Cookeville HS has a team but is there anywhere for a middle schooler to play in this area?

She will be going to Baxter Schools, that much is already determined. I was told by the district that once the kids are enrolled I can contact Cookeville HS about my Freshman playing there (if she chooses). But I have no idea how the middle school stuff works around here.

Any help??

Disclaimer: as I was saying, the kids will be in Baxter Schools, so whatever is said here will not in any way persuade us to change schools. (had to put that in for all the recuitnicks that want to assume all people are evil)

QUOTE(Stingum @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826394279[/snapback]Contact the Cookeville Girls HS Coach at 931/252-4798. He is also the assitant middle school coach.

Thank you. I will do that. I was told that I have to be careful of WHEN I call, because of the whole "recruiting" thing. I enrolled the HS'er today, but the MS'er won't be enrolled for a while so I probably have to wait.

Thank you though, I will certainly make that phone call. Much appreciated!!!

QUOTE(gatorbillmsu @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:53 AM) 826396420[/snapback]Thank you. I will do that. I was told that I have to be careful of WHEN I call, because of the whole "recruiting" thing. I enrolled the HS'er today, but the MS'er won't be enrolled for a while so I probably have to wait.

Thank you though, I will certainly make that phone call. Much appreciated!!!

doubt you will have to worry about recruiting since lacrosse isnt santioned and i havent heard of any rules against it plus there arent many area schools with teams so they usually allow students from the area to play without a problem.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Mar 2 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826397506[/snapback]doubt you will have to worry about recruiting since lacrosse isnt santioned and i havent heard of any rules against it plus there arent many area schools with teams so they usually allow students from the area to play without a problem.

Thanks. Both daughters also play basketball. So it was recommended to remain on the safe side.

We picked our school based on a handful of things, none of which was athletics. So I know that I am safe as far as the way i am treating it, but I dont want to ever give out a bad impression on something like that. The district said that they could play on the CHS team, and that is usual protocol. I just have to wait to contact them.

The sad part is, if I had picked based on their basketball future, I would have picked a school where they could actually MAKE THE TEAM!!! hahaha.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.