Richland vs Summertown

meg25

QUOTE(volleyballmom07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826389501[/snapback]I'M NOT TRYING TO HURT THE PLAYERS FEELINGS. I THINK THESE MATTERS SHOULD BE ADRESSED SO THAT NEXT YEAR THE SAME MISTAKE WON'T BE MADE. THIS IS FOR THE FUTURE PLAYERS SAKE. I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD NOT WANT THIS FOR YOUR CHILD OR FOR YOUR FRIENDS CHILDREN. YOU ARE RIGHT THIS YEAR IS OVER BUT WE MUST LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES AND IMPROVE.

I ask again who are you?? if you believe in what you say call me lets discuss it.

this is all self serving for disgruntled parents who dis like Coach Hall for what ever reason they thnk they have, but all you have accomplished is hurt the girls who busted their rumps to have a 30-3 season. And then belittle their accomplishments in stating the teams they have played were weak and did not deserve the respect for their hard work.

If you were a Richland fan, be proud, they did you proud.

I am ashamed of you, and your counter parts in this all you are doing is trying to tear a program down that gets better and better every year.

My daughter would walk through fire for him, and I stand by her 200%, which in turns makes me stand by Chad Hall.

The future is bright, stop being so selfish, get with the program, 2001-2002 8-11

2003-2004 20-11 district champs 2004-2005 23-6 sub-state appearance this year 30-3 district undefeated, district champs tourney champs. Like I said bettter and better.

Take this up with the proper authorities STOP belittling the girls.

Call me I would love to talk.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this chatter among Richland parents and fans is amusing, but also troubling. I dont post much but read the board regularly.

Daddies Roper and Glidden have had each others backs throughout most of Richlands run this season.

You guys dont need to let a season ending loss to a very good team cause a split among your base.

There are those that will try and keep this family feud going, but the program is bigger than any parent or two's ego about their kid. There's alot of teams hurting right now; and about 16 more going to join them tommorrow night. No need to lash out--and it goes both ways.

Just my two cents......

[/quote

Thank-you Dr. Phil

QUOTE(larrybird @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826389462[/snapback]All this chatter among Richland parents and fans is amusing, but also troubling. I dont post much but read the board regularly.

Daddies Roper and Glidden have had each others backs throughout most of Richlands run this season.

You guys dont need to let a season ending loss to a very good team cause a split among your base.

There are those that will try and keep this family feud going, but the program is bigger than any parent or two's ego about their kid. There's alot of teams hurting right now; and about 16 more going to join them tommorrow night. No need to lash out--and it goes both ways.

Just my two cents......

Hey Larry, thanks for the advice. And you are always welcome to give your 2 cents worth. I do not even know how all this started but there is no family feud here. I am happy with the season Richland had and hope they can improve on it next year. To lose to the #4 team in the state (possibly #1 team) while having a chance to win at the end is not a bad way to go out.

Apparently this thread went from a Summertown/Richland great game thread to a bash Jamie Roper thread to a bash Chad Hall thread. I would make the same recommendation that I did about the bash Jamie Roper thread. If you want to bash Chad Hall, start a thread entitled Chad Hall Stinks or something like that. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Believe me, he will not care.

Take care Larry. Or Doctor Phil. LOL /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Everyone has there own opinion of the schedule Richland played this year. I will say one thing for sure: One of Richland's 2 regular season losses was to the 5 time defending Alabama 4A state champion Deshler Tigers. I challange any Tennessee team to go play them. Richland and Wayne County both came close to beating them. They are good. Like I said, I challange any Tennessee team to call Tuscumbia Alabama and schedule a game. They are pretty darn good. Undefated this year and I believe 3 losses in 4 years. Yes, we lost to them. But Wayne County and Richland both had a great chance to beat them.

QUOTE(dkoons52 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826389273[/snapback]Do you folks know how you are hurting the girls who poured their hearts into this game?? for heavens sake ....be quiet they read this stuff.. the game is over the season is finished they need to focus on their next year, revive their dreams NOT dwell on their past.

Care alittle about how devestated they are NOT your own personal opinions on the coaching abilities of Coach Hall, take that up at a later time with the administration who decides those things.

Everyone knows who my child is so stop making this worse than the reality of it is.

Chad Hall did not lose that game and IF you saw the game you know that it could of went either way at any time. NOR did in any way did the last shot to tie the game was the deciding factor, Get over your personal vendetatas (sp) against HAll, you are tearing these girls hearts out, and I can speak for more than a few... love this man, and you are about to get on my last nerve.

If you have a problem with anything I stated take it up with me. I'm listed in the book, and not hard to find.

No one said "that the last shot to tie was the deciding factor". I hope you do not believe someone, or me, meant that. Your daughter did a good job even getting a good look at the basket. I would put the ball back in her hands in the same situation with confidence. She played her heart out, as did all the girls. Good luck with Summer Ball. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826388593[/snapback]I never said 12A had the best teams in the state, I just said there teams have just about always been better, as a whole, then teams from 11A. There is no denying that 12A has been the stronger of the two from top to bottom since they and 11A were placed into Region 6A all those years ago.

12A may not be the best, but they are top 2, if not #1. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(dkoons52 @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826389559[/snapback]I ask again who are you?? if you believe in what you say call me lets discuss it.

this is all self serving for disgruntled parents who dis like Coach Hall for what ever reason they thnk they have, but all you have accomplished is hurt the girls who busted their rumps to have a 30-3 season. And then belittle their accomplishments in stating the teams they have played were weak and did not deserve the respect for their hard work.

If you were a Richland fan, be proud, they did you proud.

I am ashamed of you, and your counter parts in this all you are doing is trying to tear a program down that gets better and better every year.

My daughter would walk through fire for him, and I stand by her 200%, which in turns makes me stand by Chad Hall.

The future is bright, stop being so selfish, get with the program, 2001-2002 8-11

2003-2004 20-11 district champs 2004-2005 23-6 sub-state appearance this year 30-3 district undefeated, district champs tourney champs. Like I said bettter and better.

Take this up with the proper authorities STOP belittling the girls.

Call me I would love to talk.

She may walk through fire for him but she'll never walk through the doors of the murphy center for him as a player because this year was her best chance and he ruined it for her...and the rest of the girls

I have to say that if this team stays together, that they have a pretty good chance of making it past region next year. Richland will be starting 4 seniors and 1 junior next year with 2 seniors coming off the bench. But like I said several weeks ago, the right rotation has to be used. The younger girls have to be used too. They have talent and we have to go more than 6 deep to compete come tourney time. That was our biggest mistake this year.

Take care.

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826391090[/snapback]She may walk through fire for him but she'll never walk through the doors of the murphy center for him as a player because this year was her best chance and he ruined it for her...and the rest of the girls

Why was this year her best chance??

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826391463[/snapback]I have to say that if this team stays together, that they have a pretty good chance of making it past region next year. Richland will be starting 4 seniors and 1 junior next year with 2 seniors coming off the bench. But like I said several weeks ago, the right rotation has to be used. The younger girls have to be used too. They have talent and we have to go more than 6 deep to compete come tourney time. That was our biggest mistake this year.

Take care.

Pierce will be a junior next year.

He starts and/or plays some of the younger ones every year.

Mine started as a freshman, the following year it was K.P. as a freshman who saw alot of floor time.

Last year it was 3 sophmores and a freshman starting 4 with 1 senior.

This year 3 juniors 1 sophmore 1 senior staters, with a sophmore first off the bench.

And he gives the bench more opportunities than any coach I have ever seen, only 1 did not play in less than 17 games, ( thats more than 1/2) and she had surgery on her hand and still played in 11 games. Most played in 20 games and more.

I would like to clarify something to all Richland basketball players and parents:The Richland Athletic Booster Club offered to pay half of the expenses for the state tournament trip, that's the way it's been done in the past the booster club pays half and the school pays the other half, since that agreement was made Mrs.McMasters has backed up and said she couldn't pay her half that she could only pay for the buses. President Coggin had previously told her he could call a special meeting to discuss the matter but she didn't want him to. So do the players get to go a week from tomorrow? nobody knows. concerned parents need to call the school.