the refs

uncfan09

People,

Stop getting on here whining about the refs. If you think that they are so bad, contact your local association and get in it next year. If you think that you can do a better job, get out there and do it yourself. I am sick of listening about this at games and reading about it on here. Sure I used to be like you, until I became a ref. You get an entire different outlook on things if you will just GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF! Find out how hard it can be.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826390075[/snapback]well i think that if u chose to b a ref then u should do it the best u can and as u can see yall are not doin yalls job and i would do that but there is just one prob i am underage and plus i like watchin my team

Good job youg man its a shame when kids can see more than an adult can refs. have a god complex they think they are never I've seen some of the worst refing this year I have every seen and its a shame that kids playing there hearts out and refs act like all they are worried about is getting game over and going home. The other night Iwas at a game there was a guy caught the ball right in front of ref not 2 ft. from him droped the ball on the floor pick it up started bribbling ref didn't call athink another time they had the ball out of bounce under goal 2 kids standing not 1 foot from ref right in front of him kid pushing other kid wiyh both hands almost pushed him down didn't cal anythink but then they call little touch fouls very discussting for kids another think I don't understand is how everyone else can se but refs I KNOW IF YOU ARE UP IN STANDS YOU HAVE BETTER VIEW OF Thonks but I set right on the bottom roll in scorers table worst view of floor & I can see they just want to get it over with & go home I know I've heard it to much in the last 4 years I've been keeoing score. I hate to say this but some of thwm act more like babies some absolutely ned a good whopping.

QUOTE(byrd62 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826391573[/snapback]Good job youg man its a shame when kids can see more than an adult can refs. have a god complex they think they are never I've seen some of the worst refing this year I have every seen and its a shame that kids playing there hearts out and refs act like all they are worried about is getting game over and going home. The other night Iwas at a game there was a guy caught the ball right in front of ref not 2 ft. from him droped the ball on the floor pick it up started bribbling ref didn't call athink another time they had the ball out of bounce under goal 2 kids standing not 1 foot from ref right in front of him kid pushing other kid wiyh both hands almost pushed him down didn't cal anythink but then they call little touch fouls very discussting for kids another think I don't understand is how everyone else can se but refs I KNOW IF YOU ARE UP IN STANDS YOU HAVE BETTER VIEW OF Thonks but I set right on the bottom roll in scorers table worst view of floor & I can see they just want to get it over with & go home I know I've heard it to much in the last 4 years I've been keeoing score. I hate to say this but some of thwm act more like babies some absolutely ned a good whopping.

QUOTE(dawg45 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826389867[/snapback]People,

Stop getting on here whining about the refs. If you think that they are so bad, contact your local association and get in it next year. If you think that you can do a better job, get out there and do it yourself. I am sick of listening about this at games and reading about it on here. Sure I used to be like you, until I became a ref. You get an entire different outlook on things if you will just GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF! Find out how hard it can be.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Good reply dawg45

Guys,

You just don't relize how difficult it can be once you get out there and do it. Like I have said 100 times before, if you don't like the way we do it, GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF!!! Contact your local association and get in there. They are always looking for new refs. Try it and see just how hard it can be.

Talk to a ref sometime. They are good honest people. It is the supervisors. They are more worried about a refs mechanics than if they get the call right. They are concerned if a ref makes a call that is in anothers area, not that what they saw was correct. Bring back the 2 man crew with 2 good refs who call what they see whether it's their area or not.

We've had some really older refs lately at some of our games...

Takes on a whole new meaning to the word "dribbling" when it's happening down the ref's chin! Eww...sorry! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(dawg45 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826391767[/snapback]Guys,

You just don't relize how difficult it can be once you get out there and do it. Like I have said 100 times before, if you don't like the way we do it, GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF!!! Contact your local association and get in there. They are always looking for new refs. Try it and see just how hard it can be.

Well then quit reffing and quit whining because we pay our money to watch the kids play...Thats why we have the right to complain...I know you can't catch everything..Don't think anyone expects you to but come on, have you seen yourselves lately...Pitiful. Appears to most (especially me) That refs have the attitude Hurry UP, Pay UP, and we,ll see ya next time...

QUOTE(dawg45 @ Feb 27 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826391767[/snapback]Guys,

and as i have said many times i am to young to do or else i would and plus. if yall are going to make a call keep it the same for both teams. I have been watchin some of Riverdales football and basketball games and it seems like the refs are againts them even when the other sides fn sectionn is the one doin the trash talkin. And plus if yall didnt make such horrible calls then we wouldnt have a reason to get mad at yall.

Good job sparta i will say that they beat us fair and square but the refs realy did mess up on some of the calls.

Just a few comments on the refs.....yes....some are not very good....they do have bad games.. but for the most part they do a good job.

Here is my biggest issue with the refs. They are paid, at the highschool level, $35.00 per game. That is a sad and pathetic salary considering the crap and abuse they take. Please correct me if I am wrong...in North Carolina they make $75 per game and in Georgia the pay in $100 per game. If true it's typical Tennessee....lagging behind most of the southeast and the country.