Region 1 Final Four

Cap1

QUOTE(tnballer2205 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:14 AM) 826388150[/snapback]Nope i think they showed themselves already against the hill earlier in the year....but you never can tell by 1 game that could of been just a fluke...but we will see soon enough but in my opinion the big 9 is clearly much tougher then the imac and devils fans will soon see this also

My instincts tell me that Dobyns-Bennett may be a better basketball team than Greeneville, but you just don't know which team will show up for the tribe in this Jekyll & Hyde season. It also concerns me that DB traditionally has not played real well on the Rebels home floor. But I do hope that the DB faithful will show up in large number to support the team. They only need one win to go to substate.

It seems to me that the key to DB beating Greenville is whether or not they are hot shooting from outside. They've got to keep the 3 point shots rolling. If DB is as cold as they were agianst Tennessee, Greenville wins ... simple as that. If they're firing on all cylinders as the news paper said, Greenville's season comes to an end.

Has it really been a Jekyll & Hyde season? Seems to me that what happened was they came on strong late in the season and were somewhat consistent at that point. Then the break before District playoffs hurt them. Morgan really needs to make them work on their shooting before Tuesday to keep them tuned up.

QUOTE(tnballer2205 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:14 AM) 826388150[/snapback]Nope i think they showed themselves already against the hill earlier in the year....but you never can tell by 1 game that could of been just a fluke...but we will see soon enough but in my opinion the big 9 is clearly much tougher then the imac and devils fans will soon see this also

I agree that as a whole the big 9 is stronger, and there is a chance that DB will beat Greeneville, but I am giving the upperhand to GHS in this game. Gash had a strong performance against Volunteer to accompany a great night by Wiggins, and if both of them score +25 a piece again Tuesday night against DB then GHS will run away with this one.

That being said, DB has a great team and as they have shown they can really play some good basketball. For DB to win, they will need to contain Wiggins and Gash (who i said at the start of this season would be GHS's X-factor) and hope to God that Woods and Ottinger dont get the hot hand going...

This game is going to be a Defensive battle. Both teams have the ability to make things happen, but it is going to come down to who plays the best defense. Good luck to both teams! It will be a great game!

Every team improves their chances of a win by hitting their perimeter shots, not just DB. With that being said...I still maintain the fact that the key to beating Greeneville is to take Wiggins out of the offensive flow as much as possible (in layman's terms...deny him the ball). Greeneville not only benefits form Wiggins' ability to score points, but by him having the ball in hand he draws the double team and creates scoring opportunities for his teammates. Wiggins' size and skill enables him to get the ball to the open man and he does so as long as his team isn't playing catch-up, therefore it will benefit the Indians greatly if they are able to turn this into a transitional game and jump out to an early lead. With the guard play that DB possesses it would be insane for any team this side of Knoxville to try and run with the Indians. Getting a victory over DB will boost Greeneville's confidence and make it very hard on whichever team they play in the Championship. DB has at least two of the best one-on-one defenders in the conference, but even they will have trouble staying out of foul trouble while defending a player with Antwaine's size and ball handling skills.

QUOTE(wiggins30 @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:56 PM) 826389529[/snapback]So whoever loses is done in this game...???

Are you kidding me!??!!! If you were really Wiggins you would know if it was gonna be your last game or not. I mean considering Wiggins is a senior and all it wouldnt make sense for him not to be aware of this games implications....go back to posting on your old name gdfan91......