Elizabethton

QUOTE(screenandroll @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826394845[/snapback]Coachh, some of these come from hear say, others are just "what ifs". Some come from reliable information. Sure most of these won't happen, maybe one or two changes might occur. Did hear you were coming back this way to take over the Elizabethton program if Coach Weems decided to get out. How 'bout it?

I believe my days on the bench are done. It would be tempting, but I don't think the wife and daughters would let me take the pay cut. Raising teenage girls is more exspensive than I had hoped. I am enjoying being a volunteer assistant coach on my youngest daughter's middle school softball and AAU basketball teams, and I may return to high school coaching, but it will probably be after retirement. I hope to see the Lady Cyclones down here next week, and my boss has agreed to let me off and give me tickets if they make it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826396228[/snapback]I believe my days on the bench are done. It would be tempting, but I don't think the wife and daughters would let me take the pay cut. Raising teenage girls is more exspensive than I had hoped. I am enjoying being a volunteer assistant coach on my youngest daughter's middle school softball and AAU basketball teams, and I may return to high school coaching, but it will probably be after retirement. I hope to see the Lady Cyclones down here next week, and my boss has agreed to let me off and give me tickets if they make it.

Day off and tickets too, don't suppose they have any openings at this time? Need anyone to take you?

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826397592[/snapback]They just filled one. The Murphy Center is about 45 minutes from the house, but thanks for the offer.

Last chance, would swing by and pick you up on the way in. We could entertain ourselves on the way to the game with good ole stories about obrutus. Might even discuss some of your coaching days back at the Junior High level.

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:29 AM) 826397850[/snapback]I still haven't exactly figured out who you are, but if you know OsuBrutus stories and TAD basketball, I'm in. Let me know what time you're picking me up.

I guess we'd better call Coach Weems and make sure they hold up their end of the bargin. Seem to be the favorite coming into the game. Have you heard much about Stone since they are down your way? Do miss osubrutone's posting. Could always start up a good conversation. Guess that family life is just too much for him to handle. Maybe she took away his computer. Heard they were checking computers at school so that must just leave him out or maybe he just never recovered from the loss of Ohio State. Is he still coaching baseball at Happy Valley Middle School? Will set the time for the pick up after tonight's game.

Can see some of these happening. If there is any openings, we must respect the current coach, I could see Coach Dugger and Hazelwood both coming and work together, I've heard they are good friends. I could also see Coach Anderson going to HV if Coach Godsey steps down. Bayless isn't going anywhere, could see Coach Oliver taking over at Unaka if there were to be an opening. As of right now there are no openings. it also appears the Cloudland has the most stable coaching situaton in the county, Ned and his look alike peer Birchfield both do an outstanding job.

QUOTE(HighSchoolFanatic @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826394815[/snapback]I agree with you on Eliz Boys'. Why would Hazelwood get in front of Dugger for Eliz? Kelly Oliver does not want to coach anymore is what I heard. As for Revis, he's currently helping Donald in football. Look for Richard Thomas, who helped Donald in basketball in all these years. He might help Unaka next year. I dont see Babb coaching next year. He had the softball job earlier in the year, but had to give it up cuz one his parents is very sick.