Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

QUOTE(SiegelNation07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826391893[/snapback]Regional Champs, yet had we lost to yall we might have been state champs, point being 7AAA is BETTER then Shelbyvilles District. Thats proven with the 3 7AAA teams in action tonight.

Oakland will prove it tonight for you ignorant Shelbyville fans.

Well you can say all this but where is Siegel? You dont have a team in the tournament so you have no right to call us ignorant.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them boys on that Shelbyville team got to the state tournament championship game last year and some played & some watched, but they tasted what it feels like to be in that position of being there. They have thought about how close they came last year and want to get back there so bad. They have worked hard all summer and thoughout this year to get themselves back into that position. If you have not seen them play in person this year then you have no idea what I'm talking about. You can see it in their eyes of how focused they are and how they strive to get back in that spot to have one more chance at what everyone wants. Well tonight is the night and Oakland stands in Shelbyville's road or Shelbyville stands in Oakland's road. If your going to the State, then you have to beat those teams somewhere along the way and if you can't win these Semi-final games, then you don't need to be going to the State.

I hope everyone makes the trek to Siegel tonight to support your teams no matter who they are. They have worked hard through the year, summer, and the season to get to this point. Someone is going to be devastated tonight when they lose.....someone is going to be ecstatic when they win and take another step toward the Glass House. No matter who moves on, I hope you remember to cheer for your teams, be proud of them, and know other schools would kill to be where your school is.Anyone still in deserves to be there.

Of course I am hoping that Oakland wins.......they are my team. Please show up in DROVES and cheer them on. I implore the other schools in 7AAA to come and suppport our district by cheering for Oakland, White County, and Riverdale. I know we cheered for Siegel last yr once we went down, and I hope they do the same for us. Let's make the school VIBRATE tonight with our pride, loudness, and emotion. GOOOOOOO Oakland! Good LUCK!

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 27 2007 - 05:03 PM) 826392161[/snapback]I hope everyone makes the trek to Siegel tonight to support your teams no matter who they are. They have worked hard through the year, summer, and the season to get to this point. Someone is going to be devastated tonight when they lose.....someone is going to be ecstatic when they win and take another step toward the Glass House. No matter who moves on, I hope you remember to cheer for your teams, be proud of them, and know other schools would kill to be where your school is.Anyone still in deserves to be there.

Of course I am hoping that Oakland wins.......they are my team. Please show up in DROVES and cheer them on. I implore the other schools in 7AAA to come and suppport our district by cheering for Oakland, White County, and Riverdale. I know we cheered for Siegel last yr once we went down, and I hope they do the same for us. Let's make the school VIBRATE tonight with our pride, loudness, and emotion. GOOOOOOO Oakland! Good LUCK!

Just to let you know,I picked Oakland.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826391712[/snapback]Best post I think you've ever made. The legacy of these 5 seniors at Oakland are at stake tonight. Through the 3 regular season, they have just been wonderful, with the last 2 resulting in district championships. However, when the postseason has come around, Oakland hasnt been able to duplicate their regular season success. I have truly enjoyed each and every senior that is on this team, but by no means am I ready for it to end and I would go as far to say that this season would be a failure/underachievement. The legacy on these 5 seniors is on the line tonight, will they play the game of their lives or will Oakland's season end at the same spot where it ended last year?

With posts like that yall are making me tear up. lol

Congrats to My Oakland boys for getting the BIG W tonight against a good Shelbyville team. Props to Shelbyville......that Twilley is going to be a force in yrs to come.Shelbyville is well-coached and VERY young.....we will hear from them the next 2 yrs for sure.

I was getting a little anxious when Kit had 2 fouls on him in the 2nd and King took him out. Coach Thomas was smart enough to take advantage of that fact and bring them within 6 I believe. My boys had a bit of a slowdown while he was out.....but turned on the jets to finish the half strong. The 2nd half was ALL Oakland....and I mean ALL Oakland. Where Jwade had started slowly tonight, he made up for it in the 2nd half. D-Maup was pouring on the 3's at very opportune times and sort of took the wind out of the Eagles's sails. Kit was a presence and so was the BULLDOZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in the paint. These boys proves they would NOT be denied tonight. Oh gosh, I left out MR Chaisson Allen who continues to be so solid. The kid is as smooth as silk on the floor. He just makes it look easy when I know it isn't. So PROUD of Oakland......and Coach King and staff. These Seniors deserve to go all the way.

I URGE you students at Oakland to start a petition to name the Oakland gym after RANDY KING.......the man DESERVES it! Now let's get after WHITE COUNTY. With Riverdale and Lavergne both losing tonight...we are the only boys' rep from Rutherford County. Let's do it and do it GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting this team!!

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826392465[/snapback]Congrats to My Oakland boys for getting the BIG W tonight against a good Shelbyville team. Props to Shelbyville......that Twilley is going to be a force in yrs to come.Shelbyville is well-coached and VERY young.....we will hear from them the next 2 yrs for sure.

I was getting a little anxious when Kit had 2 fouls on him in the 2nd and King took him out. Coach Thomas was smart enough to take advantage of that fact and bring them within 6 I believe. My boys had a bit of a slowdown while he was out.....but turned on the jets to finish the half strong. The 2nd half was ALL Oakland....and I mean ALL Oakland. Where Jwade had started slowly tonight, he made up for it in the 2nd half. D-Maup was pouring on the 3's at very opportune times and sort of took the wind out of the Eagles's sails. Kit was a presence and so was the BULLDOZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in the paint. These boys proves they would NOT be denied tonight. Oh gosh, I left out MR Chaisson Allen who continues to be so solid. The kid is as smooth as silk on the floor. He just makes it look easy when I know it isn't. So PROUD of Oakland......and Coach King and staff. These Seniors deserve to go all the way.

I URGE you students at Oakland to start a petition to name the Oakland gym after RANDY KING.......the man DESERVES it! Now let's get after WHITE COUNTY. With Riverdale and Lavergne both losing tonight...we are the only boys' rep from Rutherford County. Let's do it and do it GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting this team!!

I will so start that petition no matter where I am when he retires which will hopefully not be for many years. The eagles didn't soar tonight baby! C'mon Oakland you are almost to the Glass House.