Middle Tennesse Wrestling Clubs

Grinder157

Grinder,

Try going to the following link:

2006 - 2007 Chartered Clubs

This is the list of the currently chartered clubs. You can look through and find those that are located in nashville and get some contact information. However, those are just the currently registered clubs and there is general an increase in the coming months as many schools register their clubs when the freestyle season starts.

I think the Music City takedown Club would be the best for you considering location. It is not on the official club list yet b/c it is so new. It will be meeting at East lit. magnet school and several nearby high school will be attending. MLK, East Lit, Glencliff etc...I will get the contact info and post it here soon. If someone else has that contact info feel free to post as well.

QUOTE(CoachStevens @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826389940[/snapback]I think the Music City takedown Club would be the best for you considering location. It is not on the official club list yet b/c it is so new. It will be meeting at East lit. magnet school and several nearby high school will be attending. MLK, East Lit, Glencliff etc...I will get the contact info and post it here soon. If someone else has that contact info feel free to post as well.

The Copperhead contact---Betsy Bean--- her husband, Chuck Bean ( Overton State 119 Champ---1981) is head of the Club-----has a Gallatin contact number but the club practices at Brentwood High School. They have a website------Google Copperhead Youth Wresting------its on one of those eteamz sites. the 7th/8th grade practices on Tuesday/Thursday nights, 6:00-7:30. They have one on the schedule for this Tuesday ( 2/27) and Thurs. ( 3/1). If you have time, go by the practice and check it out. My son did it and it was very beneficial.

griner157,

Before you take your young men to just any club you need to ask a very simple question: Which high school program in your area has the best technique, is knocking on the state championship door every year and has the best coaching? If it were me I would take a close look at their club because your wrestlers would get great instruction and get to workout with good wrestlers. There is a reason that some programs are successful most every year while others are only successful some years and the other years they are bottom feeders. Successful wrestling programs have great coaching and support staff.

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826391504[/snapback]griner157,

Before you take your young men to just any club you need to ask a very simple question: Which high school program in your area has the best technique, is knocking on the state championship door every year and has the best coaching? If it were me I would take a close look at their club because your wrestlers would get great instruction and get to workout with good wrestlers. There is a reason that some programs are successful most every year while others are only successful some years and the other years they are bottom feeders. Successful wrestling programs have great coaching and support staff.

What clubs might you have in mind, which clubs in particular?

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826391504[/snapback]griner157,

I think that Grinder does not need much help in the coaching department. Heck, he probably could get some young local collegiate wrestlers to help him if he desired. As for the support staff, every club could probably benefit from additional support staff. If it were me, I would start my

own club, and not have to worry/listen to what others think. Just run with it! As far as champions

go, it takes time, technique, and of course tactics. If you build it, they will come!