REGION 1

CoachC47

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826391077[/snapback]I really thought Tennessee High would make the substate this year. They keep winning District titles, but can't get over the Region hump. Congratulations to Science Hill, and a great effort by Boone.

I would be interested to see if that was your prediction of Tennessee High at the beginning of the year. Most people counted the Lady Vikings out of the conference hunt, district and the regional hunt at the beginning of the season. However, this team proved many wrong by putting a team together with one returning starter. Congratulations to the Lady Vikings on a 28 win season and for advancing to the regional semi-finals.

If you looked at the majority of my posts, you will see that I have always picked Tennessee High and Boone when picking the Big Nine. I also knew Coach Barnwell and Science Hill would rise quickly. Tennesse High has had great talent over the years starting with Courtney McDaniel. They also had Courtney Watkins and Mindy Carter and the group of seniors they graduated last year. Now they have Montgomery and Jones. I coached against them when I was at T.A. Dugger and Elizabethton. We played some great games with them and some of our biggest wins came against Vance and Tennessee High. The Vikings always do well in district play, but I am sure they wish they had had more postseason success. Maybe next year will be their year to breakthrough the region barrier and head deeper into the postseason.

OH MY GOSH....how could you say you thought THS would blow SHHS out......they lost by 25 at SHHS and only won by12 at THS after blowing a 20 point lead....The better team won last night. That was the most obvious thing anyone in the gym could have saw. THS only goes when Montgomery goes....if she struggles they all struggle....I believe she was the only player in double figures while SHHS had 4 or 5 players in double figures...to me...that is a team...As for the other game....BOONE had Greeville on their heels late but never should any nerves....the Championship game is going to be a good one!!

SURPRISE?? You do not do your homework my friend.....SHHS has beaten THS by at least 17 two out of the last 3 times they have faced one another....THS blew a 20 pt lead over their and had to hang on to win.....THS does not shoot the ball well at all...every game I have watched them play...they only hit the WIDE open ones...or Montgomery hits one every now and then....IT WAS TOTAL DOMINATION by the TOPPERS...loved watching all the Viking fans with their head down....it was great!! The only bad thing was ....I had to hear how good Greenville is from all their fans...because I was in their section...YEA

I will assume your last two posts were directed at me, though I'm not quite sure. I certainly didn't predict a Tennessee High blowout over Science Hill. Coach Barnwell is quickly putting the Toppers back on the map. Boone has been good for years under Coach Campbell. Tennessee High has been good in district play for years, but hasn't fared very well in the postseason. District 2 has held the upper hand over District 1 for many years. Greeneville has been Region 1's dominant team over that time. Maybe Science Hill, Tennessee High, or Daniel Boone will rise back to the top soon, but it hasn't happened yet.