Forrest v Eagleville

fresh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826392767[/snapback]You are starting to get as annoying as Fresh......We'll see how you do against EL. I'd say Eagleville's greatest achievement of the season so far was blowing the 17 point lead to Van Buren in the district tournament. That wound up getting you over in the weaker bracket and getting you to the sub-state. If you had won that game like you should of, you'd be at home now practicing for baseball like us and Van Buren. At least by losing that game, you advanced in the tournament. That was pretty good strategy!

By the way, your showing a lot of nerve getting on here talking smack after scoring only 30 points in a high school game. EL will eat you for dinner if you put up an offensive showing like that against them. Your team is playing on borrowed time, buddy!

If you dont like my posts then dont read them, and by the way when NC beat EL last time EL only scored 38, when EL beat McEwen they only scored 36, when they lost agaisnt bradford they scored 32. Another game another day.

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:23 AM) 826392789[/snapback]If you dont like my posts then dont read them, and by the way when NC beat EL last time EL only scored 38, when EL beat McEwen they only scored 36, when they lost agaisnt bradford they scored 32. Another game another day.

Thank you for making my point. In two of the three games you mentioned, EL lost while scoring more points than you did last night. You are fortunate to still be playing after only scoring 30 points. I'd bet you would lose about 99% of the time if you only put up 30 points in a high school game. Your posts don't bother me near as much as you think. The fact that me stating a team rated in the top five in the state earlier in the season and finished 4th in their district might of been overrated got to you so bad is what I find humorous. Do you have any idea how many times you've mentioned that. It wasn't a dumb statement if you weren't so slanted in your thinking. If any team, besides Eagleville of course finished 4th after being rated in the top five, you would of said the same thing. Take those rose-colored glasses off and maybe you want get your feeling hurt so bad in the future.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826392809[/snapback]Thank you for making my point. In two of the three games you mentioned, EL lost while scoring more points than you did last night. You are fortunate to still be playing after only scoring 30 points. I'd bet you would lose about 99% of the time if you only put up 30 points in a high school game. Your posts don't bother me near as much as you think. The fact that me stating a team rated in the top five in the state earlier in the season and finished 4th in their district might of been overrated got to you so bad is what I find humorous. Do you have any idea how many times you've mentioned that. It wasn't a dumb statement if you weren't so slanted in your thinking. If any team, besides Eagleville of course finished 4th after being rated in the top five, you would of said the same thing. Take those rose-colored glasses off and maybe you want get your feeling hurt so bad in the future.

Scoring 30 points does not matter because what you do in one game does not mean that will automatically happen again. I will take a 30 to 29 win anyday. Defense wins championships.

Anyways, I enjoyed watching the Eagleville/Forrest game! It was great to see two good offensive teams shut each other down. Eagleville finally figured a way to shut down Shankle. By the way he is well deserving of the district MVP. Against Forrest you have to make the role players beat you and Eagleville did a great job of that. I also thought that Forrest's defense was great too, as always. They have been the best defensive team in the district all year. That is accredited to Coach Mac and the awesome job he did with Forrest this year. When Eagleville went to man with a couple of minutes left, there was a battle down low with Aldaffer guarding Shankle. It was great to see their best against Eagleville's best. Too bad this game was not the regional final and both from 9A got to advance.

I think the championship game will be very tight and not as high scoring as one would think. Eagleville must make East Lit hurt them from the perimeter and limit them to one shot. Eagleville must come out with confidence and keep it close in the first quarter.

I thought when our district (11A) moved to 9A, i figured the chance for sub state would be a whole lot easier. We were part of the hardest region year in and year out playing Perry Co. Collinwood, Mt. Pleasant, Wayne Co. Summertown and all those other power houses. And then we usually sent Eagleville, Culleoka, Moore Co., Forrest, Cascade. Most people would say that was the best region in the state, going on the previous 10 years. But i was wrong, our district is just as good now as back then. And based on the last two years the region has been very tough with East Lit, East Rob, and Nashville Christian. I just wish they would get rid of the satellite games and have them at one site, like they used too. Bc everyone is missing some great games.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826392767[/snapback]You are starting to get as annoying as Fresh......We'll see how you do against EL. I'd say Eagleville's greatest achievement of the season so far was blowing the 17 point lead to Van Buren in the district tournament. That wound up getting you over in the weaker bracket and getting you to the sub-state. If you had won that game like you should of, you'd be at home now practicing for baseball like us and Van Buren. At least by losing that game, you advanced in the tournament. That was pretty good strategy!

By the way, your showing a lot of nerve getting on here talking smack after scoring only 30 points in a high school game. EL will eat you for dinner if you put up an offensive showing like that against them. Your team is playing on borrowed time, buddy!

I get tired of hearing sour grapes from Cascade fans. The fact is we are advancing in the tournament and you are not, get over it. In basketball it's all about the tournament and preparing for each team. Eagleville's coach did an outstanding job, switching to a zone in which Eagleville played very little of during the season and then switching to man to man the last few minutes of the game. Also he started a different lineup than usual playing with 2 big men most of the game. Another interesting fact, Eagleville is known as a 3pt shooting team but only shot a few 3 pointers. Forrest did kill us with the 3 pt shot during the first half but was not able to keep up the hot hand during the second half. Once again the refereeing was not the best but it pretty much equaled out during the game. I also believed the crowd played a major part during the second half. I was disappointed in the amount of people Forrest brought to the game. Eagleville had a big crowd and should be even bigger for thursday night game.

QUOTE(goforthegoal @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:50 PM) 826393456[/snapback]I get tired of hearing sour grapes from Cascade fans. The fact is we are advancing in the tournament and you are not, get over it. In basketball it's all about the tournament and preparing for each team. Eagleville's coach did an outstanding job, switching to a zone in which Eagleville played very little of during the season and then switching to man to man the last few minutes of the game. Also he started a different lineup than usual playing with 2 big men most of the game. Another interesting fact, Eagleville is known as a 3pt shooting team but only shot a few 3 pointers. Forrest did kill us with the 3 pt shot during the first half but was not able to keep up the hot hand during the second half. Once again the refereeing was not the best but it pretty much equaled out during the game. I also believed the crowd played a major part during the second half. I was disappointed in the amount of people Forrest brought to the game. Eagleville had a big crowd and should be even bigger for thursday night game.

You probably should re-write your entry to reflect Cascade fans in a singular pretense. I'm the only one who has said anything. Furthermore, I've only addressed one knuckle-dragging fan of yours not Eagleville as a whole. He (youngtower) took offense to something I said a month ago and continually mentions it in all his posts. I repeatedly get on here and back up that statement (overrated) made a month ago, only because he feels it is necessary to continually bring it up. There are no sour grapes coming from the Cascade fans, this has become a personal argument between he and I. The Cascade community has no problem with Eagleville that I am aware of and I've decided to leave the issue alone also since quick hitter's such as yourself don't know the history behind the disagreement and assume I have a problem with your school.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826392809[/snapback]Thank you for making my point. In two of the three games you mentioned, EL lost while scoring more points than you did last night. You are fortunate to still be playing after only scoring 30 points. I'd bet you would lose about 99% of the time if you only put up 30 points in a high school game. Your posts don't bother me near as much as you think. The fact that me stating a team rated in the top five in the state earlier in the season and finished 4th in their district might of been overrated got to you so bad is what I find humorous. Do you have any idea how many times you've mentioned that. It wasn't a dumb statement if you weren't so slanted in your thinking. If any team, besides Eagleville of course finished 4th after being rated in the top five, you would of said the same thing. Take those rose-colored glasses off and maybe you want get your feeling hurt so bad in the future.

I think it is funny you think that I am upset you said that. I just think it is funny that an "overrated team" is still in the run for a state title, and by the way didnt the #4 team out of 10A beat you guys (#1). Maybe that is being overrated, and I mentioned that it is weird that an overrated team can beat this team (whoever) twice. WHH and Forrest. If that is going to make you upset then you need to stop getting on here because that is nothing.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826393483[/snapback]You probably should re-write your entry to reflect Cascade fans in a singular pretense. I'm the only one who has said anything. Furthermore, I've only addressed one knuckle-dragging fan of yours not Eagleville as a whole. He (youngtower) took offense to something I said a month ago and continually mentions it in all his posts. I repeatedly get on here and back up that statement (overrated) made a month ago, only because he feels it is necessary to continually bring it up. There are no sour grapes coming from the Cascade fans, this has become a personal argument between he and I. The Cascade community has no problem with Eagleville that I am aware of and I've decided to leave the issue alone also since quick hitter's such as yourself don't know the history behind the disagreement and assume I have a problem with your school.

I didnt take offense. I just decided to rub it in that an overrated team is still in it.