Moore County/Summertown

Unionvegas

GREAT JOB MOORE COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Summertown on a great season.

Talk about no calls, our (Richland) point guard has taken more hard fouls with no call than anyone I have ever seen play.

Even if the ST girl was fouled with no call, no one play decides a game.

SUMMERTOWN CAN BE VERY PROUD OF THEIR SEASON AND SUCCESS, JUST AS RICHLAND CAN. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dad1044 @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826391419[/snapback]The girl from Summertown leaned between the 2 players from Moore County and was pushed to the floor. It was a hard foul and should have been called. She is not ok, as she was carried to hospital after the game. Not sure yet about the injury.

Go Collinwood!

Please keep us updated on how the young lady is doing!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826391458[/snapback]GREAT JOB MOORE COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Summertown on a great season.

Talk about no calls, our (Richland) point guard has taken more hard fouls with no call than anyone I have ever seen play.

Even if the ST girl was fouled with no call, no one play decides a game.

SUMMERTOWN CAN BE VERY PROUD OF THEIR SEASON AND SUCCESS, JUST AS RICHLAND CAN. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes, congratulations to the lady eagles. Too bad it ended in such a tasteless manner. For all the players who wore the armband s in memory of MAL, I would like to say THANKS for your love and respect. To T and Kayla, I hope the recovery from your injuries are quick and complete.

QUOTE(ballfanwm @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826391755[/snapback]Yes, congratulations to the lady eagles. Too bad it ended in such a tasteless manner. For all the players who wore the armband s in memory of MAL, I would like to say THANKS for your love and respect. To T and Kayla, I hope the recovery from your injuries are quick and complete.

Sour grapes?

It may have been a foul (as I said earlier, I did not see it)....but geeezz...you make it sound like the young lady was mugged.

The only thing tastless about the end of the game was the lady from Summetown that ended up on the court frothing at the mouth, ready to attack someone or something... like a rabid animal. I saw that!

I certainly hope she (the player) is alright.

BTW...the MC fans that remained in the gym gave a resounding applause to the Summetown player as she got up.

QUOTE(file13 @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:41 PM) 826391878[/snapback]Sour grapes?

It may have been a foul (as I said earlier, I did not see it)....but geeezz...you make it sound like the young lady was mugged.

The only thing tastless about the end of the game was the lady from Summetown that ended up on the court frothing at the mouth, ready to attack someone or something... like a rabid animal. I saw that!

BTW...the MC fans that remained in the gym gave a resounding applause to the Summetown player as she got up.

LOL /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> "Frothing at the mouth, ready to attack someone or something... like a rabid animal." Wow. I could not help but laugh at that.

I read the article on Coacht about the game. I was for some reason thinking that this last shot was an attempted layup or close in shot. The article said that it was from half court or beyond half court. Can someone clear this up????

I was not having reference to any foul. I was having reference to what happened after the game. I was not at the game,but I knew who was involved in the incidence as soon as I heard that there was one. It has happened before. I wonder what would have happened if this had been a student? If this post was mistaken by any of the MC players or fans, I apologize.

QUOTE(ballfanwm @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826394622[/snapback]I was not having reference to any foul. I was having reference to what happened after the game. I was not at the game,but I knew who was involved in the incidence as soon as I heard that there was one. It has happened before. I wonder what would have happened if this had been a student? If this post was mistaken by any of the MC players or fans, I apologize.

I heard it was Coach Willard's wife. Can anyone confirm this????? /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(file13 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826391108[/snapback]My son said that #10 of MC fouled her hard as the shooter ended up on the floor. I didn't see it.

What I did see was this somewhat large lady, a Summertown fan, barreling onto the court just as the buzzer sounded. The refs evacuated the court, passing the cops heading onto the court to intercept this raging bleached-blonde female.

She proceeded to go bullistic on the authorities as the shooter lay on the court. No one was hurt because after a few minutes the player got up.

A heck of an ending to an exciting game.

The player WAS HURT---she has a torn ACL!!! She was pushed and undercutted. And this "somewhat large" highlighted blonde lady probably has an IQ that is double yours. I am sure all teams have fans who color their hair and have different body types, so what is your point? If you continued to watch, you would have seen that this "raging" fan also walked on her own (NOT WITH THE HELP OF THE AUTHORITIES) to the player who continued to lie there in PAIN for another half hour. This darling child is looking at surgery and 6 months of rehab. So get your facts straight. I am sorry I reacted as I did. I have made another post saying so too. Like I said, I can not change the past. But neither should I be judged on ONE incident. Good luck to the remaining teams.

Frothing??? Geeze. You saw it, perhaps, but you were not close enough to detect frothing because there was none. I have apologized to every parent and player there for being a bad role model. I apologized to the authroities and to the administration at that school. I have had many people to thank me for caring so much, but what I did was WRONG and I REGRET it. Just because a person has supporters does not make their actions right. I can not hit the "rewind" button and undo what I did. All I can do is try to do better. I believed our player was fouled. I was upset because she was hurt (torn acl) and the refs refused to call anything. I don't have children of my own, so ALL of them feel like my kids. I always clap for the other team when being introduced, I clap for the other team's cheerleaders when they perform a special dance or routine and I cringe when any player is hurt, just like the rest of you. I am not trying to make myself sound good, just trying to let you know that the shameful action you saw on my part was not what I am about entirely. Please remember that no one is as bad as the worst thing they've ever done. "He who is without sin cast the first stone."