Chaisson Allen

NU07

Hey guys a fan from Northeastern here:

I was wondering if I could get some more information on Chaisson Allen. I know he's verbally committed to NU, and from everything I've heard sounds like a steller steal for Coach Coen and his staff, If you guys think you could put in perspective what kind of player you think he'll be able to be on the DI CAA level that would be great thanks!

QUOTE(NU07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826392669[/snapback]Hey guys a fan from Northeastern here:

I was wondering if I could get some more information on Chaisson Allen. I know he's verbally committed to NU, and from everything I've heard sounds like a steller steal for Coach Coen and his staff, If you guys think you could put in perspective what kind of player you think he'll be able to be on the DI CAA level that would be great thanks!

Chaisson is about 6'4 1/2, skinny as a rail but uses that slim figure to make some unbelieveable plays underneath. Chaisson is at his best offensively when he can take it to the rim, but he just as dangerous if left unguarded from beyond the arch. Chaisson averages about 20 ppg, but by no means commands most of the shots, he can just as well score about 10-15 points, but dish out 6-8 assists to his teammates.

Chaisson is a good defender and uses his height well to shut down opposing players, anticipates the pass well and with that long reach, sometimes his best offense is his defense. Chaisson always looks to push the ball and more often than not, it results in good things for Oakland on the other end. However, Chaisson has experience running the point as he averaged 14ppg as a sophmore running the point, but its not neccessary now because Oakland has a solid PG which allows Chaisson to play the 2 or 3, which opens up more scoring oppurtunities for him. Whats just as impressive is that all year Chaisson's team has been gunned for but is 28-3, with only one loss in league play, which happened to be in the postseason district tourney ( championship). Despite all this, Chaisson has been huge in every game night after night.

I think if Chaisson can add some weight, and he may not even be done growing yet, which is scary thought, but even at 6'5, he will blossom into a player who can do it all, he may play some early or he may not, but he is a definite steal for Northeastern, he's probably the best player to come through Oakland in over a decade, so that says volumes. You will enjoy watching him play for 4 years

Another Northeastern fan here...

Chaisson is likely going to run the point for us next year, so we're hoping he can come in and make an impact. We had a "point guard by committee" this year - with none of the guys playing the point really being a true point guard.

In the CAA, having a 6'4 1/2" point guard could present some good matchup problems.

We run the flex offense at NU, so there's not a ton of fast break, push the ball up court quickly in our gameplan, but we're hoping that Chaisson can come in and provide us with some leadership at the point.

We lose 3 seniors who scored a bunch for us this year, but we're likely going to have the Rookie of the Year in Matt Janning, and we have 2 transfers sitting out, so it will be a brand new team for us next season.

Everything we've heard about Chaisson has been positive: good kid, good student, good teammate, comes from a good family - just the things we're trying to build upon here at Northeastern.

The good thing for Oakland fans is that all of our home games, and many of our road games (probably all conference games next year) are streamed on the web.

We have our own fan website.. www.dieharddogs.com It's a pay per use site, but if you guys want to poke around on a 30 day free trial, I believe the site still offers a trial period.

We're excited to have Chaission come to Boston, and I'm sure you'll see the Huskies play MTSU at some point while he's in uniform for us.

QUOTE(Husky Alum @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:06 AM) 826392726[/snapback]Another Northeastern fan here...

Chaisson is likely going to run the point for us next year, so we're hoping he can come in and make an impact. We had a "point guard by committee" this year - with none of the guys playing the point really being a true point guard.

In the CAA, having a 6'4 1/2" point guard could present some good matchup problems.

We run the flex offense at NU, so there's not a ton of fast break, push the ball up court quickly in our gameplan, but we're hoping that Chaisson can come in and provide us with some leadership at the point.

We lose 3 seniors who scored a bunch for us this year, but we're likely going to have the Rookie of the Year in Matt Janning, and we have 2 transfers sitting out, so it will be a brand new team for us next season.

Everything we've heard about Chaisson has been positive: good kid, good student, good teammate, comes from a good family - just the things we're trying to build upon here at Northeastern.

The good thing for Oakland fans is that all of our home games, and many of our road games (probably all conference games next year) are streamed on the web.

We have our own fan website.. www.dieharddogs.com It's a pay per use site, but if you guys want to poke around on a 30 day free trial, I believe the site still offers a trial period.

We're excited to have Chaission come to Boston, and I'm sure you'll see the Huskies play MTSU at some point while he's in uniform for us.

Looking at Northeastern's roster, it certainly looks like they are building for the future with alot of freshmen and sophmores getting some pretty big minutes, makes me excited that in a few years, NU maybe a tough team in a very underrated conference. I love everything about Chaisson, but expecting him from the get go to start at the point maybe asking too much, even for a kid like Chaisson, however that doesnt mean he cant do it. Its always hard to provide leadership at a certain position when your the new kid on the block, but once again, ive been proven wrong by Chaisson before, but it may just be a little too much to take in so early, after all, Chaisson is making a big jump going to a entirely different region of the US.

As for running the flex, Chaisson can conform to whatever needs to be run, Oakland usually has been a halfcourt team, but our personnel is so geared to the up tempo game that is just the way it has worked out this season. Like I said, the scary thing about Chaisson is he may not be done growing yet, he could very well be 6'6 by the time he's done. Im excited for the potential of Northeastern with Chaisson, its a solid program in a tough conference, and it appears their coach is stockpiling the team with some young talent to compete on the big stage for years to come

QUOTE(Husky Alum @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:06 AM) 826392726[/snapback]Another Northeastern fan here...

I dont know what kind of athletes you have in that league so I dont know the extent of his impact but I will say this watching Chaisson play for the last three years I will say he may never be the most athletic guy on the court not the highest leaper and not the quickest but he is very smart he is one of the kids where sometime you leave the game unimpressed but then when you read the stats in the paper and you see he had 20 points 8 rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals. there is nothing flashy about his game but he is a very solid player you got a steal in this kid