Franklin vs Whites Creek

Metro "Ballin"

QUOTE(athomp54 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826396095[/snapback]WC was just a better team. The guard play by WC is just too strong for any team to really handle. I didn't see any offense inside by FR especially in the 2nd half. I also thought they relied to much on the 3 when ther was alot of time left and they could have attacked the basket and tried to get some fouls.

P.S. great officiated game

P.S.S. NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Yep, they were ######-poor but missed about as many on both sides. They sure can't be blamed for the FHS loss. I'm REALLY surprised at some of their calls and no-calls, especially @ the Sub-State level. The call over @ the FHS fans side that got (WC?) dude thrown out was about the worst. We obviously tipped the ball out and the ref was right on top of it. And not to sound rascist, but the black ref was THE WORST!!!

I was impressed with how level-headed the kids on both sides remained when fans were screaming. There were no "attidudes" or anything close to a "T" getting called on any player that I saw. Just good aggressive hoops. BOTH coaches & their players are to be commended!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin turned the ball over way too many times. Their point guards (Henry and Young) absolutely need to play better--Young is a great player but he's still a sophomore and he shows it sometimes. Same goes for Reed Glover (whom I think is going to be a stud).

Nobody from Franklin played particularly well. There must be some kind of hex on that Ravenwood gym...the Rebels went 5-38 from beyond the arc in two games played there this week.

And as soon as I praise Batt for being a huge big-game player, he hurts his wrist, takes a nasty fall, and then reinjures his wrist on a tip-in attempt and was relatively ineffective all game long.

Franklin will now have to take the road less traveled to get to state, but it is still a very attainable goal. Hunters Lane did the same thing last year coming out of the region 6 tournament and I trust that Johnson will have his boys ready to play when game time rolls around Monday.

Clarksville is a solid team, no doubt. Their 20-game win streak is very, very impressive. However, Independence beat this same Clarksville team by 22 and that proves, without question, that the Wildcats are very beatable. I'm sure Clarksville had an off-night, but a 22-point defeat proves that a team has flaws that can be used against them.

Good luck to the Rebels Monday.

Oh, here's an interesting tidbit. Prior to tonight's game, Franklin had lost 4 games by a combined total of 10 points.

They lost tonight by 12, a bigger margin that that of their four defeats put together.

Franklin has now lost to

Clarksville

Antioch

Mt. Juliet

McGavock

and Whites Creek.

Definitely not a cupcake schedule there.

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826396217[/snapback]Yep, they were ######-poor but missed about as many on both sides. They sure can't be blamed for the FHS loss. I'm REALLY surprised at some of their calls and no-calls, especially @ the Sub-State level. The call over @ the FHS fans side that got (WC?) dude thrown out was about the worst. We obviously tipped the ball out and the ref was right on top of it. And not to sound rascist, but the black ref was THE WORST!!!

I was impressed with how level-headed the kids on both sides remained when fans were screaming. There were no "attidudes" or anything close to a "T" getting called on any player that I saw. Just good aggressive hoops. BOTH coaches & their players are to be commended!

those kids kept there heads on straight because they have outstanding coaches on both teams.

this is probably nollners last year, but i dont blame him for going out with this class.

QUOTE(athomp54 @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826397146[/snapback]those kids kept there heads on straight because they have outstanding coaches on both teams.

this is probably nollners last year, but i dont blame him for going out with this class.

I could not agree more! Great coaches both teams were well prepared and played hard. The guard play for Franklin was just not strong enough to handle WC. I am still proud of our team Young is going to be special. WC is the class of the region they proved it last night. GOOD LUCK hope to see you in the BORO.

GO REBELS