Pearl Cohn vs. Giles County

Guest ccgarner_10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826394002[/snapback]Just as was the case in football Pearl Cohn's stars are playing great in the postseason. They crushed DL in the consolation game of the district tourney then won at Lewis Co. then beat the best team from their own district in MLK. Now they get an opportunity to keep it going against the team favored to win this region (Giles Co.) and with a win THEY'LL HOST A SECTIONAL GAME AT HOME NEXT MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!

Coach Wharton's bunch is playing well and I look for guys like the Masons & William Carter to really step to the forefront and lead PC tomorrow night /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I've been saying all along that Pearl-Cohn was the dark horse. They have played in one of the toughest districts week in and and week out throughout the season (MLK, CPA and David Lipscomb). They could do nothing but improve. I loved the win over MLK, and am rooting for PC to keep on going. Good luck Firebirds!!!!

Speaking for the majority of Giles County's students, the Bench Mob will actually be bringing a little class to the game tonight despite the popular belief that this can not be done. This is going to be a great game tonight in Spring Hill. I'm confident that our boys can bring the substate game back home to Pulaski. By the way for all the CPA fans out there reading this, it was WHERE'S YOUR BIBLE?. Classless as it may be and it very well was, it was still funny and the looks on the CPA fans were PRICELESS. Let's go GC..

QUOTE(norespect @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826394694[/snapback]Speaking for the majority of Giles County's students, the Bench Mob will actually be bringing a little class to the game tonight despite the popular belief that this can not be done. This is going to be a great game tonight in Spring Hill. I'm confident that our boys can bring the substate game back home to Pulaski. By the way for all the CPA fans out there reading this, it was WHERE'S YOUR BIBLE?. Classless as it may be and it very well was, it was still funny and the looks on the CPA fans were PRICELESS. Let's go GC..

For a school with almost 3 times the students, CPA students outnumbered GC about 3 times. Honestly, I can not comment if your group is classless or not, because I could not make out anything you said.

As for the game tonight, It could go either way. If PC gets up the tempo I think they can win it.

This is to everybody @ GCHS...for the record, I never talked bad about GC. I simply said that I though DL MIGHT beat GC, but I was pulling for the bobcats. Also, I only said sorry about our student section because I was just trying to end the discussion of how "unclassy" our student section is, because that was not what the topic was about, it was about DL @ GC and I was trying to keep it that way. Now, you all probably know who I am by now, and if you want to take out revenge on me, then you can. I think it's kind of ridiculous you would do that, but if you really want to do it then so be it. I'm sorry that you thought I was trashing the team and the students, but I really wasn't.

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826393617[/snapback]Doesn't matter much because the loser of the game will get Liberty at home....The loser will play their last game.

If Pearl Cohn faces Liberty you may see a better game than expected because Pearl Cohn can match the athleticism and speed of Liberty. Pearl Cohn has the better athletes of the two teams. I am not predicting a Pearl Cohn victory over Liberty but I feel they match up pretty well.

However, I say Pearl beats Giles.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826395111[/snapback]If Pearl Cohn faces Liberty you may see a better game than expected because Pearl Cohn can match the athleticism and speed of Liberty. Pearl Cohn has the better athletes of the two teams. I am not predicting a Pearl Cohn victory over Liberty but I feel they match up pretty well.

However, I say Pearl beats Giles.

Pearl Cohn can definately match up with any team in the state athletically with their size and skill. Rashad Mason, Deaunte Mason, Michael Venoy, William Carter, DeAndre Graham, Wayne Cox, Billy Walden, Brian Gupton, James Curry, Justin Roberts, Mougon Henderson, & Jo-Jo Sandifer are all a part of the Firebirds rotation. Vic Wharton has been blessed with a great basketball team and if the Firebirds can play together as one unit (like they did in the 3rd Qtr. of that David Lipscomb contest OR like they did against what was a very hot MLK bunch) then they are going to present problems to anyone they play down the line.

I hope Pearl Cohn wins tonight because it's about a 15-20 minute drive from my house and I would go on Monday Night to watch them play Bolivar Central in Nashville in what would be a fantastic Sectional Contest.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826394002[/snapback]Just as was the case in football Pearl Cohn's stars are playing great in the postseason. They crushed DL in the consolation game of the district tourney then won at Lewis Co. then beat the best team from their own district in MLK. Now they get an opportunity to keep it going against the team favored to win this region (Giles Co.) and with a win THEY'LL HOST A SECTIONAL GAME AT HOME NEXT MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!

Coach Wharton's bunch is playing well and I look for guys like the Masons & William Carter to really step to the forefront and lead PC tomorrow night /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

thats right catfish we goin all the way in basketball too!