AAA SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 3 2007 - 09:32 AM) 826398113[/snapback]I guess we have been playing not to lose in the last 12 to 15 games since we've won 12 of the last 15 by various margins. As little as 2 and as much as 44. So I guess you have a point. Or do you? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Why no analysis of the two games we won? You seem to be implying that the fouls weren't committed when we shot 31 free throws in our second meeting. That would be like me saying that we weren't really turning the ball over in our last two meetings. HMMMMMMMM. Also, if you are implying that we were trying not to shoot the ball then I'm afraid that you are wrong in your inference. Your inference could be based on logical reasoning and accurate observations and still be 100% wrong, Ask your local weather person about that. All in all, good luck tonight. I pray that you all represent 14AAA well and have no injuries. I don't know about anyone else's prediction but we haven't conceded defeat to anyone. The game must be played. It's an honor to be one of the last 16 teams playing in the state right now and one game away from the state tournament. A lot of good basketball left to be played! Good luck to my lady trojans!

coachgat,

You are cracking me up too! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If my memory serves me correctly, There was no trash talking after you all beat Bartlett during the regular season. The Bartlett girls even IGNORED the fact that your girls went to the locker room after they beat Bartlett at Bartlett popping their jerseys. I was there. I witnessed that little show with my own eyes. However, Bartlett's Lady Panthers took it quite personal when one of your "key" players made a statement in the local newspaper that they had "given the game" to Bartlett. I almost died laughing! If you are going to give a team a game, please tell me why you would allow the point spread to be a whopping 49 points! All that comment did was give Bartlett locker room material as it was indicated by the posters displayed at the Regional Championship game. There was no need to analyze the two defeats during the regular season. You won the games. Congratulations, if that's what you are looking for. The truth of the matter is that no one, and I mean no one, will remember that Millington beat Bartlett twice during the regular season. They WILL, however, remember that Bartlett beat Millington by a combined total of 75 POINTS in TWO games and subsequently WON BOTH THE 14-AAA Distrcit Championship AND the 7-AAA Region Championship.

Bartlett is a good team. They didn't get to where they are by accident. Millington is a good team as indicated by their being left as one of the top 16 teams in the state. So, let's not turn this into a Bartlett vs. Millington. That has already been decided. Instead, try concentrating on what you plan on doing with a VERY GOOD East team tonight.

Good luck! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same about the Bartlett players. I have a lot of respect for them and I think they are a great group of young ladies. I didn't find it necessary for me to analyze the wins because it was no point. If we win by 2 or 79 it still comes down to one little letter, the (W). I hope you all do well tonight. Maybe, just maybe we may be able to repeat history...1928 state championship game was between Millington and Bartlett... Millington won /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826398160[/snapback]I feel the same about the Bartlett players. I have a lot of respect for them and I think they are a great group of young ladies. I didn't find it necessary for me to analyze the wins because it was no point. If we win by 2 or 79 it still comes down to one little letter, the (W). I hope you all do well tonight. Maybe, just maybe we may be able to repeat history...1928 state championship game was between Millington and Bartlett... Millington won /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

1928? Stop, you are killing me!!!! I didn't know that they played basketball back then. Congratulations, again on your 1928 win! I am so proud of yall.

Have a GREAT day!

QUOTE(yellowjacket1980 @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826398155[/snapback]coachgat,

You are cracking me up too! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If my memory serves me correctly, There was no trash talking after you all beat Bartlett during the regular season. The Bartlett girls even IGNORED the fact that your girls went to the locker room after they beat Bartlett at Bartlett popping their jerseys. I was there. I witnessed that little show with my own eyes. However, Bartlett's Lady Panthers took it quite personal when one of your "key" players made a statement in the local newspaper that they had "given the game" to Bartlett. I almost died laughing! If you are going to give a team a game, please tell me why you would allow the point spread to be a whopping 49 points! All that comment did was give Bartlett locker room material as it was indicated by the posters displayed at the Regional Championship game. There was no need to analyze the two defeats during the regular season. You won the games. Congratulations, if that's what you are looking for. The truth of the matter is that no one, and I mean no one, will remember that Millington beat Bartlett twice during the regular season. They WILL, however, remember that Bartlett beat Millington by a combined total of 75 POINTS in TWO games and subsequently WON BOTH THE 14-AAA Distrcit Championship AND the 7-AAA Region Championship.

Bartlett is a good team. They didn't get to where they are by accident. Millington is a good team as indicated by their being left as one of the top 16 teams in the state. So, let's not turn this into a Bartlett vs. Millington. That has already been decided. Instead, try concentrating on what you plan on doing with a VERY GOOD East team tonight.

Good luck! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

What are you talking about? I really don't think my post was directed in the manner in which you replied. In defense of what my player said, she was speaking in terms of effort, meaning that we didn't execute nor did we play our best. We lost to Bartlett twice... ok. Bartlett is a good team, ok. These are all obvious statements. No need in getting stressed out about tonight's game, whatever will happen will happen. I'm prepared and my ladies are too. I think my district as well as other teams during the season prepared us for different styles. I'm sure East is prepared too. They are well coached and have a ton of talent. I don't understand why but you seem to be a little over zealous about saying something negative about Millington... I wonder why???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(yellowjacket1980 @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826398165[/snapback]1928? Stop, you are killing me!!!! I didn't know that they played basketball back then. Congratulations, again on your 1928 win! I am so proud of yall.

Have a GREAT day!

I'm only telling you what I read. Look in the gentry stats publication under Bartlett and Millington (top teams) section which list the teams top records and accomplishments. I hope that cracks you up too.

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826398176[/snapback]I'm only telling you what I read. Look in the gentry stats publication under Bartlett and Millington (top teams) section which list the teams top records and accomplishments. I hope that cracks you up too.

Yeah, it does. I am ROLLING in the floor! I believe you and Gentry Statitistics. I know Ken Gentry. He does a great job with his stats. But I don't put stock in a game that happended almost 80 YEARS AGO! Take a nap, Coach and wake up in the REAL WORLD! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(yellowjacket1980 @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826398181[/snapback]Yeah, it does. I am ROLLING in the floor! I believe you and Gentry Statitistics. I know Ken Gentry. He does a great job with his stats. But I don't put stock in a game that happended almost 80 YEARS AGO! Take a nap, Coach and wake up in the REAL WORLD! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Is that the best you can do when you are proven wrong? I'm not putting stock in that game. It was a joke that I made to janinelpn2. I'm sure she took it as that with the /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> being added at the end. Atleast I hope she did. You need to relax. Are you that stressed about the game tonight? Thank God you aren't coaching or you would be losing your mind right now.

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826398190[/snapback]Is that the best you can do when you are proven wrong? I'm not putting stock in that game. It was a joke that I made to janinelpn2. I'm sure she took it as that with the /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> being added at the end. Atleast I hope she did. You need to relax. Are you that stressed about the game tonight? Thank God you aren't coaching or you would be losing your mind right now.

I am not stressed out. Far from it! I just like good fun! Why would I lose my mind over a high school basketball game. Besides, for some folk, coaching is OVER-RATED. Most coaches spend their time working on their game plan while others spend their time on trivial matters, i.e., a sports message board. I AM a Bartlett High School Basketball fan. But I AM NOT stressed out. Life is too short for that. It sounds like you are stressed out. You keep posting those rediculous posts.

QUOTE(yellowjacket1980 @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826398203[/snapback]I am not stressed out. Far from it! I just like good fun! Why would I lose my mind over a high school basketball game. Besides, for some folk, coaching is OVER-RATED. Most coaches spend their time working on their game plan while others spend their time on trivial matters, i.e., a sports message board. I AM a Bartlett High School Basketball fan. But I AM NOT stressed out. Life is too short for that. It sounds like you are stressed out. You keep posting those rediculous posts.

you are right. i'm wasting my time talking to you. However, you keep replying to my post. Good luck tonight. By the way, the game plan is in place, that's what practice was for with my team. No need in having a game plan if the team don't know about it.

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826398215[/snapback]you are right. i'm wasting my time talking to you. However, you keep replying to my post. Good luck tonight. By the way, the game plan is in place, that's what practice was for with my team. No need in having a game plan if the team don't know about it.

I reply because I need the comic relief!

Good luck tonight. I'm sure you have prepared them well. Have a GREAT DAY, Coach. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Just a couple last points on this topic: I definitely have to agree with an earlier post as to why there was no analysis of the first two games of Bartlett –vs- Millington. It was what it was and all credit was given to the victor - Millington. However, “Rob M” felt the need to come on here and downgrade Bartlett while sucking on sour grapes after Bartlett won the two games that counted. That….in my opinion was pathetic! Bartlett fans had not stooped to that level.

As for the news paper comment: You shouldn’t imply in any form that you gave a team a game after being beat by 49 points. Everyone knows that is locker room material although I’m sure it wasn’t intended to be interpreted that way.

Anyway, none of this would have gotten started if it wasn’t for a certain fruit cake “Rob M.”

Bartlett has respect for Millington and we know all those girls and parents and wish them well. Furthermore: my hat is to you for a fabulous job this year Coachgat and good luck tonight. Hopefully 14AAA can finally be represented in the girl’s state AAA tournament.

Go 14AAA /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My next post will be in reference to Northside and the state tournament!

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826398237[/snapback]Just a couple last points on this topic: I definitely have to agree with an earlier post as to why there was no analysis of the first two games of Bartlett –vs- Millington. It was what it was and all credit was given to the victor - Millington. However, “Rob M” felt the need to come on here and downgrade Bartlett while sucking on sour grapes after Bartlett won the two games that counted. That….in my opinion was pathetic! Bartlett fans had not stooped to that level.

As for the news paper comment: You shouldn’t imply in any form that you gave a team a game after being beat by 49 points. Everyone knows that is locker room material although I’m sure it wasn’t intended to be interpreted that way.

Anyway, none of this would have gotten started if it wasn’t for a certain fruit cake “Rob M.”

Bartlett has respect for Millington and we know all those girls and parents and wish them well. Furthermore: my hat is to you for a fabulous job this year Coachgat and good luck tonight. Hopefully 14AAA can finally be represented in the girl’s state AAA tournament.

Go 14AAA /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My next post will be in reference to Northside and the state tournament!

Even though I love reading this stuff, I am glad that finally a voice of reason prevailed! Good luck to both of your teams from 14-AAA