AA SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826396162[/snapback]Fulton over Unicoi Co.

Liberty Tech Magnet over Pearl Cohn

Dyer Co. over Booker T. Washington

White House over East Ridge

Austin East over Pigeon Forge

Bolivar Central over Giles Co.

Mitchell over Crockett Co.

Station Camp over Howard

Come on BC, Dyer Co. over BTW !!??!?!?!?!? or are you playing that psychology like you did with Harpeth, where you pick them to lose then they would get the win.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826396199[/snapback]Come on BC, Dyer Co. over BTW !!??!?!?!?!? or are you playing that psychology like you did with Harpeth, where you pick them to lose then they would get the win.

Dyer Co. is playing really well right now with wins over Covington (who recently beat Bolivar by 10) & Crockett Co. (who was coming off of wins against the likes of Haywood & Fayette Ware) and they are the host team in this one. You have got to wonder how BTW's mindset will truly be coming off of the loss to their city rivals Mitchell. I'll take the Choctaws at home in a close one. If BTW is as great as everyone believes then we'll see them win this one and they'll play Liberty Tech down the line in Murfreesboro IT WILL NOW BE A SEMIFINAL MATCHUP INSTEAD OF IN A TITLE GAME NOW THAT BTW LOST HOWEVER!!!!!

The hardest game I had to pick was the Bolivar Central at Giles Co. game in all honesty. Bolivar is a very young team that has overachieved greatly while Giles Co. is a solid team that has taken care of business for the most part this season. I do believe that Harpeth was a better team that Giles Co. this year and I also believe that Bolivar Central is playing really well right now. Don't look at the Liberty Tech score as an indicator of what they truly can be because that was a two point game late in the 1st Half before the Crusaders decided to turn it on! When Liberty Tech turns it one there aren't many who can play with them. Winning at a place like Pulaski would be a great sign of closure to what's been a great season for Rick Rudesil and his young Tigers. In all honesty the way that the bracket has fallen (with BTW losing tonight) it's not totally out of the question that Bolivar can get to the title game. WHAT?????? They wouldn't have to play BTW or Liberty Tech until then and AE, PF, SC, Howard, Mitchell, & Crockett Co. are certainly all very good matchups for the Tigers.

West-TN Fans:

If Bolivar Central can pull out a win on Monday Night in Pulaski they could find their road to the state title game to be easier than that of both Liberty Tech & Booker T. Washington /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The way things set up right now most will probably have Liberty Tech vs BTW in the state semifinals. Bolivar would have to beat the winner of the AE-PF contest in the quarterfinals AND THAT CAN CERTAINLY BE DONE!!!! In the semifinals the matchup would be against either Mitchell (who they lost to by 3 early in the season), Crockett Co. (who split with both Lexington & JSS this season), Howard (a very young basketball team like Bolivar Central), OR Station Camp (who lost to White House 3 TIMES this season, David Lipscomb, & they also lost to Cheatham Co.).

I'm not saying right now that Bolivar Central will be in the state championship game in a few weeks HOWEVER on the same not I'll also admit that I am not saying that they can't be in the state title game either /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826396281[/snapback]West-TN Fans:

If Bolivar Central can pull out a win on Monday Night in Pulaski they could find their road to the state title game to be easier than that of both Liberty Tech & Booker T. Washington /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The way things set up right now most will probably have Liberty Tech vs BTW in the state semifinals. Bolivar would have to beat the winner of the AE-PF contest in the quarterfinals AND THAT CAN CERTAINLY BE DONE!!!! In the semifinals the matchup would be against either Mitchell (who they lost to by 3 early in the season), Crockett Co. (who split with both Lexington & JSS this season), Howard (a very young basketball team like Bolivar Central), OR Station Camp (who lost to White House 3 TIMES this season, David Lipscomb, & they also lost to Cheatham Co.).

I'm not saying right now that Bolivar Central will be in the state championship game in a few weeks HOWEVER on the same not I'll also admit that I am not saying that they can't be in the state title game either /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

station camp also lost to jackson co

QUOTE(STUNNAH @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826396333[/snapback]Libety is focused...Therefore, nothing else matters...It will be a great accomplishment to see who ends up as the runner-up in this class...AKA "Last Loser"!!!

Liberty Tech looked great in disposing two of our county teams on Saturday & Tuesday night /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They appeared to be untouchable the way that they played in the final 18 minutes of tonight's game against Bolivar Central /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />