CSAS @ Pickett Co.

THELEGEND

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826396633[/snapback]If I have got my history correct I believe CSAS stopped Pickett's roll the last time they met with these type of stakes. In case you have forgotten let me refresh your memory... Pickett Co. was led by Mr. Basketball Eugene Paris, they were the defending and undefeated state champs, 31-0 I believe. They could not be beat but in the quarterfinals of the 1991 state tournament CSAS did the impossible and beat them! Maybe, just maybe, they could do it again.

1. that was 16 years ago, and thats fine, I'm sure CSAS had a great basketball team to beat that great team 2. that was in state tournament, not in byrdstown. I'm not saying anything is impossible...I'm saying its highly unlikely. You simply think that just because you're from Chattanooga that you can just come up here and win. Its hostile up here. You think its easy? Ask Grace Baptist, Tyner, Chattanooga Christian, and any other Chattanooga team that has come up here and lost. Goes ask ezell fans, they thought when Joseph Amonett graduated after he had beat them in 1995, that they would waltz into pickett co. with the same team they had the year before and us without Joseph, and win....but no they got handed their 2nd loss in 1996. Grace Baptist was extremely confiedent 2 years ago when they came up here, Chattanooga fans were talking the same way you all are now, how that we've not played a team that plays the same style ball as you do, that there is just too much tallent on your team, and then picked that it wouldn't even be a close game, Well Grace Baptist came in here and lost by double digits. You think CSAS is fast, they may very well be, but Pickett co. isn't as slow as you think and they've proven that they can run with some fast teams.

No with that said, I'm not saying or predicting that Pickett will run all over CSAS or anything, I am predicting they win a close game.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to pickett co. I want 7a to do well,my main concern is PC has trouble putting teams away,in region blew 2 big double digit leads to hang on .Sooner or later that will bite you especially if apponet gets some breaks at right time and now its one loss and gone.'m sure Greg will address this and have them ready. GO BOBCATS

Oh Yeah We'll Be Ready!!! Pickett is playing very good ball and it don't look like CHAS can beat us. Especially in Byrdstown! We have an atmosphere like no other! And be ready to tackle one of the best student sections! It will be a good game.....I'm not saying that but you just can't stop us at Byrdstown. We are 12-2 @ home this season and one was a 1 point loss to Jackson and the other a 2 point loss to an out of state rival. So Yes it wil lbe a very good game and Pickett Wins This one By 8! Good Luck CHAS You Will Be Needing It!!

Its that time of the year...You gotta love it...This is why you play and why you coach.....Im sure the atmosphere is gonna be crazy at PC on Monday....You jut gotta lace your shoes up tight and hold on for the ride, and see who comes out on top at the end....Its gonna be a good one

QUOTE(R3V0LU710N @ Mar 2 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826397469[/snapback]Oh Yeah We'll Be Ready!!! Pickett is playing very good ball and it don't look like CHAS can beat us. Especially in Byrdstown! We have an atmosphere like no other! And be ready to tackle one of the best student sections! It will be a good game.....I'm not saying that but you just can't stop us at Byrdstown. We are 12-2 @ home this season and one was a 1 point loss to Jackson and the other a 2 point loss to an out of state rival. So Yes it wil lbe a very good game and Pickett Wins This one By 8! Good Luck CHAS You Will Be Needing It!!

Who is CHAS? you guys are crazy if you think you are unbeatable at home I'm not saying you will lose all i am saying is if your kids really believe they are unbeatable at home you might be in for a rude wake up callvery soon(maybe Mon. since that's your last home game) who knows you all sound pretty cocky i guess it's well deserved but gees, what happened to humility

We are cocky because we have never saw our team lose at home during the substate, their have been great teams come in here and walked out with a loss. The boys that are playing for us are cocky as well to an extent, but they have humility, they know if they don't play well that they will be the first team every to lose a substate game at home. It will be a good game. Listen, I promise....when/ if we get knocked off the mountain top, then we'll stop being so cocky.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826398238[/snapback]We are cocky because we have never saw our team lose at home during the substate, their have been great teams come in here and walked out with a loss. The boys that are playing for us are cocky as well to an extent, but they have humility, they know if they don't play well that they will be the first team every to lose a substate game at home. It will be a good game. Listen, I promise....when/ if we get knocked off the mountain top, then we'll stop being so cocky.

Lol I feel ya on that. Like I said earlier this is why this is the best time of the year evreyone expects to win and rightfully so, Monday will be fun, Any Pickett fans want to pay for my gas as I drive all the way up there, lol

I dont believe either team should get too cocky. Pickett Co. will most definatly have the advantage playing at home. And yes it is very hard to beat Pickett co. at their house. Pickett has came a long way this season and looking at CSAS schedule, they have came a long way as well. It will be a good game but I predict a win by the Pickett co. bobcats..