Temple vs Friendship

Possumtowner

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pdbmit @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:18 AM) 826399104[/snapback]Friendship wouldn't think twice about running up a score in football. I think the basketball coach is a classier guy.

I don't blame FCS' football coach for running up the score. Temple is normally dangerous on the field. Just not that night.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826399426[/snapback]I am looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. Certainly, I am hoping for Temple to win big over FCS. It's nothing personal. It would be good to reclaim a little dignity and honor for our side after the whipping we got up in Lebanon.

You seem to know alot about temple (althought sometimes their other fans don't like you). I hear that temple plays their B-ball games at temple university, if so i was curious if that is close to the high school campus because i have been to temple's website and it speaks of their campus being very beautiful...

Either way i think that this game will be closer than some people think it will be. With the B-ball coach and most of the B-ball team having visited FCS in football i really doubt that they will lack any focus but i still don't think it will be a 20 or 15 point spread.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826399523[/snapback]You seem to know alot about temple (althought sometimes their other fans don't like you). I hear that temple plays their B-ball games at temple university, if so i was curious if that is close to the high school campus because i have been to temple's website and it speaks of their campus being very beautiful...

Either way i think that this game will be closer than some people think it will be. With the B-ball coach and most of the B-ball team having visited FCS in football i really doubt that they will lack any focus but i still don't think it will be a 20 or 15 point spread.

We can dream can't we? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There is a reason FCS made it this far and it is because they are a good team. It would be crazy on our part to think that we have the game in hand or that it will be a blow out. It will be a fight and I am sure that the coaches and players are well aware of it. From what I saw at the football game FCS has some really great athletes!

As far as the campus goes, you can't really tell what belongs to the university and what belongs to the academy because the academy actually is housed in what used to be one of the university buildings. There are two gyms and they are across Vance Avenue from each other. The high school plays in Vance gym and it faces the street. McGilvary gym is separated from Vance gym by the street and a small parking lot. All you can see of McGilvary from Vance is the back side. Vance gym is located in the block between Vance Avenue and Hawthorne Street and Orchard Knob Avenue.

When you come in from I-24, get off the Fourth Avenue ext and go left at the light, under I-24, to Fourth Avenue. Take a left on Fourth Avenue and then take a right on Orchard Knob Avenue by the First Tennessee Bank. You will pass the university soccer field on your left and then you will turn left on Vance Avenue just past the field. The gym and its parking lot take up the whole lot. You will probably have to park on a side street if you do not arrive early. You can also find parking in the lot beside and in front of McGilvary gym.

The secret to our success seems to be our point guard, Dee Newson. I have never personally seen anyone who can handle the ball and see the court so well. He is very unselfish and a true point guard. He does an excellent job controlling the game. Dee stays under the readar but can take it to the basket at will. He looks like he could have a future playing with an "And 1" team.

You will have to shut Seth Skogen down but that alone will not give you a win. He will still score, obviously. Seth rarely drives and if you let him shoot he will kill you on the three's and short jumpers and the game will get out of hand quick. If Seth is on and making his shots, no one can beat Temple, he really is that good.

No one yet has had an answer for Josh Smith. He is big and powerful and moves the ball well to the basket. He is a very smart defender. He allowed Carter McMasters from Grace (6'10" DI prospect rated on rivals) to score only two points total from the floor this season in the three games.

No one has yet produced a press that was difficult for us to break (other than Howard) and it often backfires. To beat us tomorrow night you need to get us in foul trouble quickly. Come straight at us and draw the fouls. The bench is not very deep. There are some good sophomores on the bench but none have any experience at the big dance. They can hurt you, though, unlike Grace's bench last year at the state.

I agree with "senator's" comment. If FCS will be patient and control the pace of the game and take care of the ball, then they can increase their odds of winning. I have noticed that teams that slow down the game usually experience more success against us. Few teams can match our pace.

Most of our basketball team also started for the football team. Is that the same with you guys?

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 4 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826399822[/snapback]We can dream can't we? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There is a reason FCS made it this far and it is because they are a good team. It would be crazy on our part to think that we have the game in hand or that it will be a blow out. It will be a fight and I am sure that the coaches and players are well aware of it. From what I saw at the football game FCS has some really great athletes!

The secret to our success seems to be our point guard, Dee Newson. I have never personally seen anyone who can handle the ball and see the court so well. He is very unselfish and a true point guard. He does an excellent job controlling the game. Dee stays under the readar but can take it to the basket at will. He looks like he could have a future playing with an "And 1" team.

You will have to shut Seth Skogen down but that alone will not give you a win. He will still score, obviously. Seth rarely drives and if you let him shoot he will kill you on the three's and short jumpers and the game will get out of hand quick. If Seth is on and making his shots, no one can beat Temple, he really is that good.

No one yet has had an answer for Josh Smith. He is big and powerful and moves the ball well to the basket. He is a very smart defender. He allowed Carter McMasters from Grace (6'10" DI prospect rated on rivals) to score only two points total from the floor this season in the three games.

No one has yet produced a press that was difficult for us to break (other than Howard) and it often backfires. To beat us tomorrow night you need to get us in foul trouble quickly. Come straight at us and draw the fouls. The bench is not very deep. There are some good sophomores on the bench but none have any experience at the big dance. They can hurt you, though, unlike Grace's bench last year at the state.

I agree with "senator's" comment. If FCS will be patient and control the pace of the game and take care of the ball, then they can increase their odds of winning. I have noticed that teams that slow down the game usually experience more success against us. Few teams can match our pace.

Most of our basketball team also started for the football team. Is that the same with you guys?

Just like with you guys i am sure that you will recognize alot of the same names from the football field on the b-ball court. Sadly i really don't know enough about basketball to give you a good idea of how FCS is or who the key players are without sounding like an idiot.

I hear that Seth is a very good player but i have read in a previous post that he also has alot of loaf's like on the field. Either way with the talent from behind the arc that he has i am sure that it will be a threat (i mean, c'mon mr. basketball finalist).

As far as someone gaurding Dee i don't really know who coach Bradshaw will put on him but i can assure you that bradshaw will have the best gameplan possible for the commanders to topple temple.

If Josh smith is as good as you say his is under the basket then it will be very interesting to re-introduce him to the Defensive End that he tangled with from Fullback a few times. Micheal teeter is one of the heartbeats for FCS's team. He has been very powerful under the basket on offense and defense and usually if he can get it going than so can FCS.

Like i said before my sport is really football not basketball i just recently got a little bored and checked out the b-ball board. I am on here more to wish my guys good luck and let them know that there is a few people out there that know they can win, than i am to discuss match-ups basketball...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826399523[/snapback]You seem to know alot about temple (althought sometimes their other fans don't like you). I hear that temple plays their B-ball games at temple university, if so i was curious if that is close to the high school campus because i have been to temple's website and it speaks of their campus being very beautiful...

The campus is not beautiful. They are just trying to build the school up on the internet. It's in the ghetto. I would know, I was there my whole life.

Temple plays their games at Vance. McGilvary is used for tournaments mostly. It seats more.

Here's the difference between Vance and McGilvary:

Vance = ugly green siding and gravel parking lot

McGilvary = brick and cemented parking lot

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826399871[/snapback]If Josh smith is as good as you say his is under the basket then it will be very interesting to re-introduce him to the Defensive End that he tangled with from Fullback a few times. Micheal teeter is one of the heartbeats for FCS's team. He has been very powerful under the basket on offense and defense and usually if he can get it going than so can FCS.

Like i said before my sport is really football not basketball i just recently got a little bored and checked out the b-ball board. I am on here more to wish my guys good luck and let them know that there is a few people out there that know they can win, than i am to discuss match-ups basketball...

Agreed!

I hope you guys enjoy the ride down tonight and as much as I want Temple to win this one, I am hoping for a great contest between two good teams on the court. Good luck.

By the way, in case you did not know, you can follow the link I posted below to go to a video highlight of the FCS - Temple football game. Obviously, the focus is Temple but you may enjoy seeing your little green men on the video.

http://www.tntempleacademy.com/site_flash/...dship_Video.htm