Temple vs Friendship

Possumtowner

Chattanoogan.com opinion article

Interesting... sounds like he was at Temple that night. Wouldn't want my four year old at a game like this.

Good response from Coach Skogen. I appreciate that. The Lord will work in the lives of these young people but I think He wants adults to come along side these kids and help teach and provide an example of what it means to be compititive and pleasing to Him. We will all make mistakes... especially young people.

Again... it is the responsibility of the adminstration at FCS (and any other school) to make sure their kids are representing their school.

Boyd-Buchanan has some pretty roudy fans. I have seen the assistant principal pull kids from the stands and ask them to leave. I have seen him stand in the middle of the student section to make sure kids are not being kids. (as if it were an excuse)

Step up and teach kids to be appropriate.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826403198[/snapback]Chattanoogan.com opinion article

Interesting... sounds like he was at Temple that night. Wouldn't want my four year old at a game like this.

Good response from Coach Skogen. I appreciate that. The Lord will work in the lives of these young people but I think He wants adults to come along side these kids and help teach and provide an example of what it means to be compititive and pleasing to Him. We will all make mistakes... especially young people.

Again... it is the responsibility of the adminstration at FCS (and any other school) to make sure their kids are representing their school.

Boyd-Buchanan has some pretty roudy fans. I have seen the assistant principal pull kids from the stands and ask them to leave. I have seen him stand in the middle of the student section to make sure kids are not being kids. (as if it were an excuse)

Step up and teach kids to be appropriate.

While this feller whut writes this article says some true things, there are also some things that go unsaid.

1st, on the elbow play. There was a foul called on the visiting player. And it was a good call. Tough break but thats the way this game goes. To say there wasnt a foul is not right.

He talks about the fouls being even. They were. What he fails to mention is the fact there were ZERO fouls called early in that game. No fouls at all in the first quarter and it was a physical game. That is where control was lost.

Perhaps if he was a good official, he could recognize this and point this out to his readers. That was the sad part to me.

Good luck to Temple. Too bad our game had to get this kind of pub.

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:50 AM) 826403220[/snapback]While this feller whut writes this article says some true things, there are also some things that go unsaid.

1st, on the elbow play. There was a foul called on the visiting player. And it was a good call. Tough break but thats the way this game goes. To say there wasnt a foul is not right.

He talks about the fouls being even. They were. What he fails to mention is the fact there were ZERO fouls called early in that game. No fouls at all in the first quarter and it was a physical game. That is where control was lost.

Perhaps if he was a good official, he could recognize this and point this out to his readers. That was the sad part to me.

Good luck to Temple. Too bad our game had to get this kind of pub.

the refs were very good , they did not call tic-tac stuff, and those are the good kind of refs. The game didn't get out of control either, one player did. (which wasn't that big a deal)

In my opinion this game was never out of control. The refs did a pretty good job. The only time it "got out of control" was when some people overreacted about a kid getting a cut over his eye by an accidental elbow by an opposing player. It may be true that there were not many fouls called in the first quarter, but does a ref just call fouls in order to meet some kind of quota?