TSSAA forming THSA?

BigG

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826419223[/snapback]Look at the post right above yours. tnsdeveloper has stated several times that NO PRIVATE SCHOOL RECRUITS.

Now, now ... lets not spread misinformation on what I'm saying. No privates "recruit" athletes in a collegial athlete sense with recruiting trips, names on jerseys, and free rides ... much like you allege daily with zero proof. Now ... all privates must get STUDENTS. That is done with PR, word of mouth, advertising, etc. The same avenues used by magnets and other publics with special programs. Let's not spread your misinformation on my statements. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 21 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826419414[/snapback]Now, now ... lets not spread misinformation on what I'm saying. No privates "recruit" athletes in a collegial athlete sense with recruiting trips, names on jerseys, and free rides ... much like you allege daily with zero proof. Now ... all privates must get STUDENTS. That is done with PR, word of mouth, advertising, etc. The same avenues used by magnets and other publics with special programs. Let's not spread your misinformation on my statements. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You are the one who asid it not me. Just go back and look at your post.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 21 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826419552[/snapback]You are the one who asid it not me. Just go back and look at your post.

I'll have to agree with him on this one, you did say it.... so no crawfishin' /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tnsddeveloper>>> "If you think they recruit now (which they don't)"

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 21 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826419894[/snapback]I'm actually with Mt. Pleasant on this one....

Ha ... you always are. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826419902[/snapback]Ha ... you always are. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

LOL, which boards have you been reading???

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 21 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826419738[/snapback]I'll have to agree with him on this one, you did say it.... so no crawfishin' /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tnsddeveloper>>> "If you think they recruit now (which they don't)"

I think he clarified his post.

I've said this before, so I'll try to be brief--- While everybody likes to win at games, there is something much more important to any private school, and that is paying their bills, making payroll, keeping the lights on-- however you want to phrase it--- to do that they need tuition paying students-- especially the small privates that are in D1, 1A & 2A--- they don't have endowments or other resources like the MBAs and McCallie's of the world. So, yes, they have to attract families and persuade them to pay money to attend their school-- instead of going to a public school for free-- and free is a really strong selling point. So of course they advertise, hold open houses, put up billboards etc---- but that's not "recruiting" in the negative sense of that word -- its just marketing, like any business has to do. And, I say again--- however many counties Friendship Christian goes to to find paying families, I guarantee you that the first thing they're interested in is whether the parents have a wallet that can pay the tuition, if little Johnny or Susie can hit a jumpshot, that's nice, but its gravy, not the main thing. Say LOL all you want, but I guarantee you I'm right about this.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826419968[/snapback]I think he clarified his post.

I know. Just gigging him a bit.... but I do believe there are some privates and publics that recruit or have recruited athletes. All the privates have to recruit students to stay in business but athletes is a different matter. He tried to compare HS recruiting to college recruiting which is not a good comparison. I guarantee that coaches or boosters at some places, private and public, have tried to entice players to come to their schools for purely athletic reasons. No full blown college recruiting but against the rules nevertheless. Is it widespread, probably not. Does it happen, we all know it does. I'll give an example, the coaches from North Jackson HS (AL) have talked to kids and their parents from South Pittsburg about coming to play football at NJ. Offers of help were made. A few have left and gone there. One of our Middle School's star RB's transfered right after FB season. Proof???....nothing in writing but it happened. Was that college like recruiting? No, but it was recruiting.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826420104[/snapback]I know. Just gigging him a bit.... but I do believe there are some privates and publics that recruit or have recruited athletes. All the privates have to recruit students to stay in business but athletes is a different matter. He tried to compare HS recruiting to college recruiting which is not a good comparison.

Actually, it isn't. I'm addressing MPHSLil'Kitty's accusations that it happens. He would have you believe that kids are showered with attention and given full free rides to privates.

I guarantee that coaches or boosters at some places, private and public, have tried to entice players to come to their schools for purely athletic reasons. No full blown college recruiting but against the rules nevertheless. Is it widespread, probably not. Does it happen, we all know it does. I'll give an example, the coaches from North Jackson HS (AL) have talked to kids and their parents from South Pittsburg about coming to play football at NJ. Offers of help were made. A few have left and gone there. One of our Middle School's star RB's transfered right after FB season. Proof???....nothing in writing but it happened. Was that college like recruiting? No, but it was recruiting.

This same exact thing happened to me from a couple of public school coaches. One coach from SC that I met on a USC baseball visit that said I could live with him. A very, very good coach from the plateau (who I met at UT baseball camp) who said he could arrange living arrangements for me to attend his school. And my previous coach at the public I attended before transferring to FCS. Hmmm ... I wonder what the outcry would be if those proposals were made by a private? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />