A Mr. Basketball updates

IOWNYOU149

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826415003[/snapback]I think seth should win it but only because of what he has done...

phx1best....I don't think gracegoldeneagles thinks seth should get it b/c caleb got screwed, he was just getting that opinion out...

oh good, i feel better then! that's how i took when gracegoldeneagle said. but anyway, Seth's a phenominal player..now that i've seen him play i can say that. it's like he shoots and the net is magnetized! he makes it look soooo easy!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 17 2007 - 08:50 PM) 826415609[/snapback]Hopefully the committee that chose who won Mr Basketball is kicking themself right now. Seth obviously had a great State tournament. The first day was rough, but he showed that he deserved it.

The decision is not based on what they do in the State tournament. MJ played on a team that was 12-15 deep. His numbers obviously are not "normal" Mr. Basketball numbers, but he definitely showed what he could do when he played in an entire game (i.e. Humboldt in Regional tournament). He had 32 points that night. Congrats to MJ and his family. Way to go Big Red (Marshall)!

This made the committee who picked look very very dumb.....they obviously picked before union city got beat...thinking they were good, they need to go back to giving the award out after the state tourney like they used to do 4-5 years ago this new system makes them look stupid....if demario would have won...at least he got his team there....even demario had better stats than brown...and I think is a better player....skogen was the best....just got screwed...got the gold ball though and really that is all that matters...

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826415684[/snapback]This made the committee who picked look very very dumb.....they obviously picked before union city got beat...thinking they were good, they need to go back to giving the award out after the state tourney like they used to do 4-5 years ago this new system makes them look stupid....if demario would have won...at least he got his team there....even demario had better stats than brown...and I think is a better player....skogen was the best....just got screwed...got the gold ball though and really that is all that matters...

GET ANOTHER LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, voters looked at UC's record, margin of victory, schedule of being invited to and playing in nationally recogonized tournaments, MJ leading an offense that averaged over 90 pts per game, and dominating performances over larger AA and AAA schools.

Granted, Skogen is a senior and led his team to the state title, but considering all these variables, is there another leader on a single A team out there that has a better "season-wide" resume?

QUOTE(GBA_Athletics @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826415745[/snapback]This just goes to show you that the voting on this is an absolute joke. Seth had more ppg, more rebounds, higher shooting percentage, was a year older, and just happened to be the best player on the STATE CHAMPIONS!!! What were the voters drinking 'cuz it must've been strong.

Does somebody need some cheese to go with that Whine?

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826415750[/snapback]Congratulations to the players who won Mr. Basketball, but I have to say that I disagree with the committees decision on not choosing Seth Skogen as the winner for 1A. I'm not taking anything away from MJ Brown, but I would like to know the reason why they chose him over Skogen?

He's better?