Temple vs. East Lit

LOLLIPOP

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826412736[/snapback]Anyone who has consistently watched Temple play this year would tell you that Temple did not have one of their better games against EL yesterday. As you know, Temple only shot 31% from the field (in the 1st Half they were 8-26 and in the 2nd Half they were 7-22). From the 3-Pt. line they were 3-16 for the game (1st Half: 3-11, 2nd Half: 0-5). It is obvious that will not cut it when the Crusaders go up against the Vikings of Humboldt on Friday.

The key to Temple's win over EL was on the defensive side of the ball.

They caused East Lit. to turn the ball over 27 times.

Temple out-rebounded the Eagles 35-32 for the game.

Here is how the starters for Temple finished in the win over East Literature:

Seth Skogen was 6-19 from the field and 2-9 from the 3-pt line (for 18 points).

Jeremy Sexton 6-13 from the field and 1-3 from beyond the arc, plus 2 points from the charity stripe (for 17 points).

Dee Newson had 6 points.

Josh Smith had 4 points and 11 rebounds.

Brandon Andrews and Erik Larson each had 1 point for the Crusaders.

Even though it was not a pretty performance from the Crusaders, Temple did what they had to do to get the win in this first round game.

No matter what anyone says, I have complete confidence in my boys from Temple to play to their full potential in the next two games and bring home another Gold Ball to Chattanooga.

thank you oldtimer. you're my boy! Everyone wants to doubt us on the first performance at state. it's just like temple's appearance in 2002. Nobody thought Temple could beat DCA and the almighty Ezell.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigchief @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826412675[/snapback]If last night was "normal" we wouldn't have been there in the first place. Our nervousness got the best of us. Good luck to you.

Yeah, I was going to ask was it nerves, the 94 ft vs. 84 feet., shooting in Murphy Center , etc.

So it seems like nerves played the biggest part. The only way to prepare for something like that is to play in it. Good luck to East Lit next yr. They should be back to the Boro soon.

Great season to CoachF and Bigchief!

Good luck to Temple the rest of the way.