Liberty Football

QUOTE(Drewcephus @ Apr 25 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826445223[/snapback]Hmm. Interesting. I would like to know more about this scrimmage, even though spring football often holds little indication of the upcoming year.

Yanker - for your sake I hope that JCM isn't at the bottom. No disrespect to Liberty or other 7-4A teams, but I like to see HC and JCM battle it out for first place! I fear that this will not be the case though as I think that JCM has some very deep issues that are not soon solvable...

I think it was the JCM Spring game or somethin when Bolivar's varsity sat down it was 6 TD's to 2 Bolivar Gavin looked good so did Dequan at QB but it didnt look like there was much help around them Bolivar RB's were getting into the secondary untouched on a lot of carries

QUOTE(crusader @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826446688[/snapback]How many coaches do you think that Liberty might have? All Madison County Schools have the same number of football coaches supplements available. Liberty has a head coach plus 3 assistants. The first two years they had a head coach and one assistant. It is the responsibilty of the schools to fill teaching positions with coaches when they can. Liberty still has one supplement not being used. The rule in Madison county is a head plus 4 assistants if possible. Take it up with your school. I really am sick of hearing about the privelege of Liberty. It was a new school built to hold 900 people. They are at 1200 and growing. The football facilities are a joke - a 14' by 14' weight room. The main problem with the school system is that we have a lot of idiots that try to divide our population and make everything about race and we can't work to improve anything because it all gets lost in stupid arguments. I come form another region of the country. Madison County needs to join the rest of the country in the 21st century instead of perpetuating the past through their children.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(crusader @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826444009[/snapback]Liberty just started their Spring practice yesterday. It is difficult to tell what they have yet. They look good physically, but a losing season last year took a lot out of them. The move up to 4A will be a challenge. Their QB Daniel Pierce has also been diagnosed with torn cartilage and Labrum problems that will require surgery. They are searching for a QB right now. Their best football players are Chris Hatch playing linebacker and tight end, Corey Pittman playing fullback and LB and TJ Franklin at Center. They are hoping for others to show up during Spring.

The crusaders are showing up...1st at QB they have a kid with the last name BETHEA; pretty quick, plays corner too, new tho the position but is learnig the game..2nd they have two running backs with the name TAYLOR and CROWDER; both very quick and dangerous in the open field!!! At wideout they have a man with the name COOPER..good hands, quick!!! With a line that averages 6'1 and 215 pounds

come check em out in thier last day of spring practice friday with a scrimmage vs GIBSON COUNTY at 3:00 at liberty

QUOTE(ScoutingReporter @ May 6 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826453062[/snapback]The crusaders are showing up...1st at QB they have a kid with the last name BETHEA; pretty quick, plays corner too, new tho the position but is learnig the game..2nd they have two running backs with the name TAYLOR and CROWDER; both very quick and dangerous in the open field!!! At wideout they have a man with the name COOPER..good hands, quick!!! With a line that averages 6'1 and 215 pounds

come check em out in thier last day of spring practice friday with a scrimmage vs GIBSON COUNTY at 3:00 at liberty

I was at practice at the end last Friday. They had an intrasquad scrimmage. The defense seemed to be very fast. They were getting after it. Crowder, Taylor, Pittman, Whiteside and Hatch are very active and very good. Charles Willis is huge in the middle of the dfense.

QUOTE(crusader @ May 7 2007 - 05:42 AM) 826453232[/snapback]I was at practice at the end last Friday. They had an intrasquad scrimmage. The defense seemed to be very fast. They were getting after it. Crowder, Taylor, Pittman, Whiteside and Hatch are very active and very good. Charles Willis is huge in the middle of the dfense.

Who do they scrimmage and when, how are things looking this week?

QUOTE(rapbwood @ May 9 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826456049[/snapback]How about Clarksville, Hillsboro, or Melrose?

Well they are 0-2 against Henry county over the past two seasons and they played a 3a schedule last year and did not do well, they are moving to 4a this year and they have some talent but do not always display it on the field. Maybe they will be more competitive in 07 than they were in 06. You mentioned Clarksville, I heard that they are going to be down this year. They ahve no chacne against Hillsboro or Melrose at this stage of their program. Maybe some day.

QUOTE(ScoutingReporter @ May 9 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826455878[/snapback]they are in class 4-A..they are good enough to go up and win against any of the teams

I do like the optimism, and I do hope that they are more competitive but our 4a region is a little stronger than the 3a region that you are coming out of. Our game against Liberty last year was our easiest game in the last few years. This is not meant to be an insult.

QUOTE(the prophet @ May 10 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826456307[/snapback]I do like the optimism, and I do hope that they are more competitive but our 4a region is a little stronger than the 3a region that you are coming out of. Our game against Liberty last year was our easiest game in the last few years. This is not meant to be an insult.

if you are from henry co. liberty played them on a bad night so thats all that was

QUOTE(ScoutingReporter @ May 10 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826456401[/snapback]if you are from henry co. liberty played them on a bad night so thats all that was

I agree it was a terrible night for LIberty and I am sorry for their loss, but 2-8 on the season, I do not think that is all it was, they were not very good period.