Van Buren county player is college material!

vpender

QUOTE(spectator72 @ Mar 30 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826426478[/snapback]You are correct about being found if you are as good as minor. His level of play is at the top level of college material or

Vandy (top ranked team in the NATION) wouldn't have taken him nor a MLB team wouldn't of made him the offers that he already has. Plus, even if a scout smells a hint of a good pitcher they will show. But, I disagree just a little because I have seen college material players never scouted in times past. Then again, time will tell (approximately 5 weeks) and everyone should know if a player had been scouted. I enjoy rooting for the underdog and I'll keep a watch on some of these one-horse-towns baseball teams.

Speaking about the "metropolis" of Chapel Hill, those people (of which are very friendly and nice folks) must have someone's attention. Have you seen their facility? It looks like a metropolis! So, if they can build that, then they can get the attention of a few scouts. Although, they do have a great baseball program and I am sure they have paid their dues.

Your excatly right. minor was on a high college level while he was stil in high school he is a great athlete but you do not have to be as good as him to get into college. yes scouts will find you if your a great high school player but if your just good and can get better then sometimes scouts look over you... I think here at vb we have a few players that can and will play college ball and will get better cause they love the game.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Forrest/VB game on Tues. VB basbeall team must have been struck by a terrible case of the flu and left their "prospects" at home because I did not see any college prospects on the field. Maybe they are going to college to study because there was not a single one of them that could play at the next level. VB led by all their prospects lost to Forrest 15-0 and 14-1. If VB has colledge propects, all of the kids on the Forrest team will be drafted in the first two rounds of the MLB draft.

QUOTE(spectator72 @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826425661[/snapback]COLLEGE CHALLENGE!!:'snoopy_25'. ANOTHER CHALLENGE for players that have college potential at VB, such as the CF/#18 Beasley & SS/#16Ferguson, is to get scouted by 'ANY' college. Sure, they may see them when they're at another school playing that team. But, very doubtful because scots are usually there for a specific player and don't set and watch a butch of non-college candidates, therefore, allowing the college potential player to slide thru-the-cracks. When you are from a rural area, and let's face it, ya'all "are" rural, you just don't get that much scouting! ...and your'e welcome snooy 25 for my commment. I have more comments about that topic that I'll mention at a leter date.

It's really up to his coach to be realistic about his potential and try to get coaches from those schools to come see him. Someone should also get him on tape (or DVD) and send it to the college coaches. Someone will look at it.

QUOTE(knofler @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826426607[/snapback]I was at the Forrest/VB game on Tues. VB basbeall team must have been struck by a terrible case of the flu and left their "prospects" at home because I did not see any college prospects on the field. Maybe they are going to college to study because there was not a single one of them that could play at the next level. VB led by all their prospects lost to Forrest 15-0 and 14-1. If VB has colledge propects, all of the kids on the Forrest team will be drafted in the first two rounds of the MLB draft.

LOL We all know you were just kidding about Forrest kids being drafted , but I think Phiefer threw a no hitter.

QUOTE(knofler @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826426607[/snapback]I was at the Forrest/VB game on Tues. VB basbeall team must have been struck by a terrible case of the flu and left their "prospects" at home because I did not see any college prospects on the field. Maybe they are going to college to study because there was not a single one of them that could play at the next level. VB led by all their prospects lost to Forrest 15-0 and 14-1. If VB has colledge propects, all of the kids on the Forrest team will be drafted in the first two rounds of the MLB draft.

Im not tryin to may excuses or anything but yes when vb played forrest we did not have a good game at all. We were missing two starters and a couple more of the were just not having a good game at all. You have watched one game of ours you can not judge a team by watching one game any one that knows baseball knows that as a fact... im not sayin we should have beaten up on forrest but yes we should have and could have played them a better ball game. We will see how it goes here on out...(GO VB)

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Mar 28 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826424792[/snapback]we have tee ball but that is it until middle school and the maiddle school program just came around this year so yes hardly any of the vb players played baseball til high school and thank you spectator72 we here at vb thank you for your comment about us...

if VB has 12 year olds playing tee ball that is pretty pathetic. i dont think this is so. If the players on the high school team have never played until they were in high school they would not be able to compete with forrest or any other team.

QUOTE(Vultor @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826427962[/snapback]LOL We all know you were just kidding about Forrest kids being drafted , but I think Phiefer threw a no hitter.

i dont care how bad of game the players are having, if you are that good you dont lose to anyone 15-0 or 14-1. the only way that VB will have any players play at the next level, is if they start there own college themsleves. Maybe they should just stick with tee ball.

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Apr 2 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826428157[/snapback]i dont care how bad of game the players are having, if you are that good you dont lose to anyone 15-0 or 14-1. the only way that VB will have any players play at the next level, is if they start there own college themsleves. Maybe they should just stick with tee ball.

I dont get on here and say nothin bad about your school or any one on your school's team and i wouldnt expect that from any one else this is to get on here and talk about baseball not to put players and schools down.. If you put another school or player down like that what have you accomplished?? Nothin. Thats not how i want the game that i love to play to be talked about. So any way lets get back to baseball and talk about how good some one is doin and leave the "college bound players or college material players" alone until they get there. This is high school not college baseball so lets talk about high school baseball... And yes as a matter a fact i do still hit a ball off of a tee some times but i never said we play t-ball up into middle school. We play t-ball while we are little then after you cant play t-ball any more there is no program until middle school...