PTSportsWriter

dustytaylor13

no violation occured.

the Gleason coach was trying to put the girls back in, and from watching on TV, the official told him - no....he'd have to wait until the next dead ball.

So he used a 30 and made the sub.

The OS coach was upset and asked about it and appeared to have gotten an explanation.

I've seen the same thing happen the same way with an injury. Player is shaken up, requiring the trainer to come out, but player is able to continue. But because trainer hit the court, the player must come out. I've seen coaches burn a timeout to keep a player in the game.

- yes a violation did occur

- He did make some subs...

- as soon as they come on the court he called a timeout which was given to him

- then when play restarted not everyone was still in the game that had been subbed in

- then play restarted and after the next turnover everyone else was re entered.

I could careless who won... but it was one of the worst game I have seen. Gleason has one of the smartest coaches... not best... they were not playing illegal ball just boreing ball. were refs calling fouls early on fairly??? I cant say yes but wont say no... were the fouls overly picky later on in the game... ya... Hudson wasnt pushed but fell to her knee's and had a foul called in her favor... that made all of the iffy calls in my head fall over to the one sided affair... does the TSSAA need to reconsider their rules umm YES... will OS be back next year and the year after most likely. Very good young team... will gleason? I hope not because of the way they have acted since winning... you would expect the losing team to complain... but the winning team should just shut up because they have what they wanted... if OS had won they probably would have had a group that would be on here arguing as well but cant say for sure yet... by the way if Gleason's head coach was so great he would had been offered a head coaching job by now but from what I hear most schools wanna stay away from him because they dont know if he can coach a basketball game yet or not... To most it seems as if he can only team "fundamentals" which they are not... fundamentals are driving, shooting, lay ups, passing, set plays, rebounding, face up D, zone D, playing the low and high post, which Gleason did not do the whole time... You learn to play monkey in the middle when you are 6 years old and who ever has the ball is going to win 98% of the time which reflects gleason's record.

So if they team playing monkey in the middle wins 98% of the time then why doesn't everyone do it? Don't give me any crap about that they don't do it cause its not good basketball. Gleason had 4 turnovers in 4 quarters of the State Championship game with 2 freshmen on the floor the entire game. 1 of those 4 came at the end when they subbed all their starters out. Oliver Springs had 10 turnovers in the game, I think its kind of funny that you paint a picture that you never got the ball. However you had it enough to score 36 points and enough for Christopher to go 3-10 from the field. If you would have had taken better care of the ball and had 4 turnovers like Gleason and Christopher could have shot better than 30% then it might have been a different game. But why would you listen to facts and take some blame on yourselves when you could just whine and cry. I've said this before, OS is lucky that Gleason had the worst shooting night they had the last month of the season because we missed a TON of open 3's that we haven't been missing, or you would have gotten embarrassed like you did by Madison last year at the state tourney.

How do you know there coach hasn't been offered any college jobs? Have you ever thought that maybe it might be a cut in pay for him to take a college job in anywhere except maybe the SEC since he's also the principal? Some people that have a family also don't want to have to dedicate their lives to recruiting in the off season and being on the road all the time. And what could be more fun than going to a high school with a 150 kids, winning 3 gold balls and listening to people like dustytaylor and regal and OS91 whine and cry!!! How sweet it is, 1992-1999-2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:36 AM) 826409979[/snapback]So if they team playing monkey in the middle wins 98% of the time then why doesn't everyone do it? Don't give me any crap about that they don't do it cause its not good basketball. Gleason had 4 turnovers in 4 quarters of the State Championship game with 2 freshmen on the floor the entire game. 1 of those 4 came at the end when they subbed all their starters out. Oliver Springs had 10 turnovers in the game, I think its kind of funny that you paint a picture that you never got the ball. However you had it enough to score 36 points and enough for Christopher to go 3-10 from the field. If you would have had taken better care of the ball and had 4 turnovers like Gleason and Christopher could have shot better than 30% then it might have been a different game. But why would you listen to facts and take some blame on yourselves when you could just whine and cry. I've said this before, OS is lucky that Gleason had the worst shooting night they had the last month of the season because we missed a TON of open 3's that we haven't been missing, or you would have gotten embarrassed like you did by Madison last year at the state tourney.

How do you know there coach hasn't been offered any college jobs? Have you ever thought that maybe it might be a cut in pay for him to take a college job in anywhere except maybe the SEC since he's also the principal? Some people that have a family also don't want to have to dedicate their lives to recruiting in the off season and being on the road all the time. And what could be more fun than going to a high school with a 150 kids, winning 3 gold balls and listening to people like dustytaylor and regal and OS91 whine and cry!!! How sweet it is, 1992-1999-2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(dustytaylor13 @ Mar 13 2007 - 01:04 AM) 826409839[/snapback]no violation occured.

the Gleason coach was trying to put the girls back in, and from watching on TV, the official told him - no....he'd have to wait until the next dead ball.

So he used a 30 and made the sub.

The OS coach was upset and asked about it and appeared to have gotten an explanation.

I've seen the same thing happen the same way with an injury. Player is shaken up, requiring the trainer to come out, but player is able to continue. But because trainer hit the court, the player must come out. I've seen coaches burn a timeout to keep a player in the game.

- yes a violation did occur

- He did make some subs...

- as soon as they come on the court he called a timeout which was given to him

- then when play restarted not everyone was still in the game that had been subbed in

- then play restarted and after the next turnover everyone else was re entered.

I could careless who won... but it was one of the worst game I have seen. Gleason has one of the smartest coaches... not best... they were not playing illegal ball just boreing ball. were refs calling fouls early on fairly??? I cant say yes but wont say no... were the fouls overly picky later on in the game... ya... Hudson wasnt pushed but fell to her knee's and had a foul called in her favor... that made all of the iffy calls in my head fall over to the one sided affair... does the TSSAA need to reconsider their rules umm YES... will OS be back next year and the year after most likely. Very good young team... will gleason? I hope not because of the way they have acted since winning... you would expect the losing team to complain... but the winning team should just shut up because they have what they wanted... if OS had won they probably would have had a group that would be on here arguing as well but cant say for sure yet... by the way if Gleason's head coach was so great he would had been offered a head coaching job by now but from what I hear most schools wanna stay away from him because they dont know if he can coach a basketball game yet or not... To most it seems as if he can only team "fundamentals" which they are not... fundamentals are driving, shooting, lay ups, passing, set plays, rebounding, face up D, zone D, playing the low and high post, which Gleason did not do the whole time... You learn to play monkey in the middle when you are 6 years old and who ever has the ball is going to win 98% of the time which reflects gleason's record.

Can't quit can you??? The last thread was closed on this matter due to the persistent complaints by Oliver Springs fans over this game. I am sure this one will be closed also.

How can you say this about the Gleason fans?? Do you really expect them to sit here and take all this bashing about there team??

To refresh everyone this whole deal started with:

1st. Bad Refs. This started immediately after the game. This is usually expected to some extent as all teams and fans are guilty of this to some levels, but only happens for so long before you realize that the game is over and you lost.

2nd. When the ref deal wore off, the persistent OS fans started complaining about the "Stall Ball" tactic saying that it is unfair.

3rd. Now we have this so-called violation that you are bringing up which would have no effect on the game what-so-ever.

Seriously, ITS OVER!!!!!!!!! I don't have a dog in this either way. (ex: if the roles were reversed and OS was treated this way, then I would be on there side trying to stop the bashing and sore-loser attitudes also),

Truthfully though, I have lost a lot of respect from OS fans because of there persistent attitudes regarding the matter.

Congrats to them on a great season and good luck down the road.

Per 3153,

Can't quit can you??? The last thread was closed on this matter due to the persistent complaints by Oliver Springs fans over this game. I am sure this one will be closed also.

You can keep on blaming the OS fans on the thread that was closed,

but as I told you before, and will keep telling you, those are not OS posters on that thread.

You keep slamming OZ fans, but your just as bad a Gleason fan! Get Over It!!

OS91 and dustytaylor aren't Oliver Springs fans? Gleason fans are generally very gracious and humble. You didn't catch us on here all year this year or last and we only lost 4 games in the last 2 years. We also weren't on here boasting that we beat the defending state champs and runners up by 53 points last week like most fans would have. But when we got on coacht on Saturday night to find people trying to blame everything under the sun for the loss instead of themselves for not playing better defense, taking care of the ball, or their star shooting 20% until the last minute it got under everyone's skin. We know we have the best team and player in the state I believe there are only a few of you on here that still don't want to accept that, to everyone else I'm sorry for the way the threads have gone on here for the last 4 days. To OS91, Regal, Dustytaylor, goose, catback or whoever that still has doubts....2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! 2007 MISS BASKETBALL!!! 2007 STATE TOURNEY MVP!!! How sweet it is...

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826410040[/snapback]OS91 and dustytaylor aren't Oliver Springs fans? Gleason fans are generally very gracious and humble. You didn't catch us on here all year this year or last and we only lost 4 games in the last 2 years. We also weren't on here boasting that we beat the defending state champs and runners up by 53 points last week like most fans would have. But when we got on coacht on Saturday night to find people trying to blame everything under the sun for the loss instead of themselves for not playing better defense, taking care of the ball, or their star shooting 20% until the last minute it got under everyone's skin. We know we have the best team and player in the state I believe there are only a few of you on here that still don't want to accept that, to everyone else I'm sorry for the way the threads have gone on here for the last 4 days. To OS91, Regal, Dustytaylor, goose, catback or whoever that still has doubts....2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! 2007 MISS BASKETBALL!!! 2007 STATE TOURNEY MVP!!! How sweet it is...

I was refering to the thread about the so called sub infraction that was closed.

I as well as an asst. coached watch a replay of the game, the infraction did in fact happen, he did call

time out, but when play resumed, not all of the original subs were on the floor, thus no time had expired

off of the clock, thus an illigal sub.

Do I, or anyone with half a brain think that this caused OS to lose, NO!!

The game was not over, but pretty close to being over. It was a non-factor in the outcome.

You can keep posting about certain OS fans and their post, IMO, yours and others are just as bad.

I have congratulated Gleason on the victory, and winning the Gold Ball!,

Now I'm Over It! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Why don't some of you fools contact a ref and ask them the rule.

If no time is taken off a player that has just left the game cannot re-enter, UNLESS a timeout is called. Then they are allowed to re-enter. Same thing with an injured player where a stoppage of play occurs because of the injury. The person has to leave the game... But the player can return if a timeout is called (In that situation, he/she is again coming back into the game without any time running off the clock.

QUOTE(worthyone @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826410185[/snapback]Why don't some of you fools contact a ref and ask them the rule.

If no time is taken off a player that has just left the game cannot re-enter, UNLESS a timeout is called. Then they are allowed to re-enter. Same thing with an injured player where a stoppage of play occurs because of the injury. The person has to leave the game... But the player can return if a timeout is called (In that situation, he/she is again coming back into the game without any time running off the clock.

No fool here! Read the Rules!

A timeout does not warrant re-entrying the game, the clock must run

before the next sub enters the game. I hope your not

a ref, because you don't know the rules very well! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="