Coalfield

Rook2

QUOTE(knight2 @ Mar 16 2007 - 01:19 AM) 826413831[/snapback]I thnk Coalfield will be as good as any team in their district next year.

OZ- lost all of their post players but still has Kayla

Oakdale- Keeps everyone from last year should be very good

Coalfield- Lost 1 senior very good underclassmen should be very good

Warburg- Lost 1 senoir very good uperclassmen team but with a new coach who knows.

Oneida- Lost all but 3 kids that got to play will have to rebuild next year

Sunbright- Lost 3 seniors but still needs to learn how to win should compete with Oneida and maybe an upset from 1 of the top 3 teams.

I think you're pretty dead on. I just have one observation Wartburg has some pretty good underclassmen as well. They have a guard that's as good as any coming in as a freshman. They also have a sound group of incoming sophmores. If they come around WB v. CF could be alot of fun to watch for the next several years

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've waited to look at this Dist from all angles and I've come up with this.

Oliver Springs - They will have great guard play and will find some good role players to sure up their inside game Proven Coach also

Oakdale - They return everyone from a team that won 20 this year. Proven Coach

Coalfield - they won't have a great guard next year and guard play wins in tournaments. Proven Coach

Wartburg - They have a solid team coming back and the coach should be fine. Having said that it's impossible to think Oakdale's inside ability won't wear them down over a season. Plus Coalfields Landrum, Elsea, and Jones may be as productive at the guard position as WB's girls. Not as athletic but as productive.Even though the WB coach will be fine for this year A Proven Coach would help. Another sidebar is I don't think the WB girl's like one another and they won't want to share any playing time they appear to me to be unable to get along. That's where a veteran coach would come in handy.

Don't forget about Oneida they could be sound fundamentally and that could go a long way in a tournament. If Wartburg slips even a little bit they could grab that 4th spot

The things to watch for in the district during the regular season will be

1. How Wartburg handles the transition. They could be a problem for everyone if they were to secure a high seed for the dist tournament say a 1 or 2

2. How much production OS is able to get from their 1, 4, and 5 positions

3. If Oakdale will be able to pound the ball underneath without getting run to death

4. How much Coalfield's kids have grown up or will there suffer a soph. jinx.

All in all it should be a fun year.

Go Jackets!

I feel like it's hard to say that a team that loses a key player from a 9-18 team will finish higher than a team that only lost a role player and went 17-12.

Coalfield will probably get to the region next year but I don't see them taking over Wartburg for 3rd in the dist.

The things to watch for in the district during the regular season will be

1. How Wartburg handles the transition. They could be a problem for everyone if they were to secure a high seed for the dist tournament say a 1 or 2

2. How much production OS is able to get from their 1, 4, and 5 positions

3. If Oakdale will be able to pound the ball underneath without getting run to death

4. How much Coalfield's kids have grown up or will there suffer a soph. jinx.

I think this list is a very good one. I think another happening to watch for is the game that goes on between coaches. You'll have the young kid at wartburg going against some people that have a ton of experience. Hines, Snow have been to state, Christopher very nearly won the state, and West has been to the state! This district has the best collection of coaches in A ball ! It will be neat to see how Jason handles himself when thrown in with the big boys!

Just becasue you hate the guy doesnt mean he isnt a good coach. Now i am an Oakdale fan but you saying that you hate him just isnt right. Wartburg for the next couple of years will be a sort of kind of rebuilding year. the new coach has been taking under Davis' wing. I think that Wartburg should support the new coach and stick with it. I do agree i really dont look for them to be up in the district but you can't count them out. They really upset Oakdale last year and they are very able to do it to anyone next year. As for Coalfield they are young VERY young with 1 senior. i think they will be able to hang on but not win. As the next 2 years come along i think it will be their time to shine but again you can't count out Oakdale because their 8th graders will most likely come in handy with the likes of another Snow. Amber Snow is going to be good. So well see when the time comes but good luck to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Rebuilding with 15 upperclassmen!

Also, I've heard that some of their players are going to change uniforms and come down Coalfield's way!

O.K. so I must correct myself on the rumour that he doesnt get along with the Point Guard. I will still say that 2 or 3 of the wartburg players will leave before next season to play at Coalfield. I know this for fact!

Coalfield will finish no worse than 3rd and Wartburg will be 5th behind Oneida. You just watch and see!