Chattanooga area top 10

Indian

It's very early so I'm just using teams I've seen scores on so far and what they've done in the first two days. Strength of schedule caused some teams to be lower than they might be later, but I just went on their opening games, like I said. I have Sweetwater considered since they play in 5AA, same for Cumberland in AAA, but not Stone since they play in an out of the area district and it would be hard to judge them consistently. Some teams might use #2 or even #3 pitchers in tournaments later and that might change an outcome over what it would be at another time but you have to go by the results you have. Any teams missing scores, you can add them in the scoreboard section.

Soddy-Daisy (1-0, beat Stone 8-1)

Red Bank (1-0, beat East Ridge 6-4)

Baylor (1-0, beat Chattanooga Central 10-1)

GPS (1-0, beat Boyd-Buchanan 3-2)

Hixson (1-0, beat Marion 18-0)

Walker Valley (2-0 beat Chattanooga Central 1-0 and Grace 7-1)

Sequatchie (1-0, beat Whitwell 8-3, district game with Howard postponed)

Rhea County (1-0, beat Bledsoe 7-1)

Sweetwater (1-0, beat Tellico Plains 14-0)

East Ridge (0-1, lost to Red Bank 6-4 in 10)

Teams: Whitwell, Bledsoe County, Polk County, Sequoyah, Walker Valley, Grace, South Pittsburg, Chattanooga Central, Silverdale, Grundy County, McMinn Central, McMinn County, Notre Dame, Sequatchie County, Boyd-Buchanan, Chattanooga Christian, Sale Creek, Meigs County, Rhea County, Sweetwater, Tellico Plains, Soddy-Daisy, Hixson, GPS, David Brainerd, Arts and Sciences, Red Bank, East Ridge, Baylor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah (1-0, beat Rhea County 6-0)

Sequatchie (1-0, beat Whitwell 8-3, district games with Howard, CCS postponed)

Notre Dame (1-0, beat McMinn County 7-0)

Meigs County (2-0, beat Sale Creek 3-2 and Murphy NC 9-4)

Chattanooga Christian (1-1, beat Grace, lost to Boyd-Buchanan 2-1)

Grace Academy (1-2, beat Boyd-Buchanan, lost to CCS and Walker Valley)

Rhea County (1-1, beat Bledsoe 7-1, lost to Ooltewah 6-0)

Whitwell (1-1, beat Bledsoe 7-5, lost to Sequatchie 8-3)

Boyd-Buchanan (1-2, beat CCS, lost to Grace and GPS)

Polk County (2-0, beat Sequoyah twice)

Sale Creek (1-1, beat Chattanooga Central, lost to Meigs)

South Pittsburg (2-1, beat Silverdale 14-0, split with Huntland)

Rained out games yesterday, Hixson-Red Bank, GPS-Soddy, Sequatchie-Chattanooga Christian, could have told everybody a little more about how things might go this year. The most recent results as the season goes along will carry more weight on this than older results. Non-tournament games will have more pull than tournament games, not counting postseason district and regions after the season. Any teams missing results should put them on the scoreboard, just go to the date needed.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 16 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826414111[/snapback]Soddy-Daisy (1-0, beat Stone 8-1)

Ooltewah (1-0, beat Rhea County 6-0)

Sequatchie (1-0, beat Whitwell 8-3, district games with Howard, CCS postponed)

Notre Dame (1-0, beat McMinn County 7-0)

Meigs County (2-0, beat Sale Creek 3-2 and Murphy NC 9-4)

Chattanooga Christian (1-1, beat Grace, lost to Boyd-Buchanan 2-1)

Grace Academy (1-2, beat Boyd-Buchanan, lost to CCS and Walker Valley)

Rhea County (1-1, beat Bledsoe 7-1, lost to Ooltewah 6-0)

Whitwell (1-1, beat Bledsoe 7-5, lost to Sequatchie 8-3)

Boyd-Buchanan (1-2, beat CCS, lost to Grace and GPS)

Polk County (2-0, beat Sequoyah twice)

Sale Creek (1-1, beat Chattanooga Central, lost to Meigs)

South Pittsburg (2-1, beat Silverdale 14-0, split with Huntland)

Rained out games yesterday, Hixson-Red Bank, GPS-Soddy, Sequatchie-Chattanooga Christian, could have told everybody a little more about how things might go this year. The most recent results as the season goes along will carry more weight on this than older results. Non-tournament games will have more pull than tournament games, not counting postseason district and regions after the season. Any teams missing results should put them on the scoreboard, just go to the date needed.

GPS/SD game was suspended in the 4th due to rain with GPS leading 4 to 0 with a runner on third and #4 hitter at the plate.

• 2 weeks later...

You left out Bradley Central High School. I am not saying that they will be in the top two or three necessarily. But you might consider them for strong top 10. In their first tournement, they had their leading pitcher out for injuries. In fact, I think they had 6 or 7 injuries and still played respectable. Their first two games this season were 10-0 and 14-0 wins with their starting pitcher still out! I think it would be foolish to overlook them. It will be interesting to see how they play into the picture of all this!

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826411500[/snapback]It's very early so I'm just using teams I've seen scores on so far and what they've done in the first two days. Strength of schedule caused some teams to be lower than they might be later, but I just went on their opening games, like I said. I have Sweetwater considered since they play in 5AA, same for Cumberland in AAA, but not Stone since they play in an out of the area district and it would be hard to judge them consistently. Some teams might use #2 or even #3 pitchers in tournaments later and that might change an outcome over what it would be at another time but you have to go by the results you have. Any teams missing scores, you can add them in the scoreboard section.

Sequatchie (1-0, beat Whitwell 8-3, district game with Howard postponed)

Rhea County (1-0, beat Bledsoe 7-1)

Teams: Whitwell, Bledsoe County, Polk County, Sequoyah, Walker Valley, Grace, South Pittsburg, Chattanooga Central, Silverdale, Grundy County, McMinn Central, McMinn County, Notre Dame, Sequatchie County, Boyd-Buchanan, Chattanooga Christian, Sale Creek, Meigs County, Rhea County, Sweetwater, Tellico Plains, Soddy-Daisy, Hixson, GPS, David Brainerd, Arts and Sciences, Red Bank, East Ridge, Baylor

At the time they had no games listed that I could find, either on here, in the TFP or on the Chattanoogan website. That's probably going to prevent any more rankings, some teams just don't have the scores. Even with the teams that do, it's hard to tell how good their opponents are when the opponents are 0-1, 1-1 on here in the scoreboard section and you know they've probably had at least half a dozen games by now. From what I see so far, I'd call Soddy, GPS, Baylor, Ooltewah, Hixson, Walker Valley, Notre Dame, Chattanooga Christian top 10 type teams, not necessarily in that order. It looks as if Boyd-Buchanan is coming around after losing all those seniors last year. Another thing that makes it hard to judge is teams playing opponents from out of state, in tournaments.

Sale Creek played Rhea Co. in a tournament in East Ridge and beat them with our JV in the field so, I'm not sure I agree with them being top 10.

Also Sale Creek is a single A team and they beat Central which I think is a AAA team?

The score of that game was 8-2.

So they're doing much better than .. 2 to last?