9AAA standings, scores, etc.

eagle26

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826445629[/snapback]Smyrna over Beech tonight 2 to 1... Smyrna racked up 10 hits with Beech getting 4

Great game by Gray! Key stat for him: 10 K's. Beech needed to be much more disciplined against the tough Bulldog fireballer. They ended up leaving 7 runners on base.

Frey fought hard but dug too many holes on counts and then the Smyrna hitters did a fine job of making that pay off. Except for stellar plays by the Beech second baseman, first baseman, and rightfielder, Smyrna might have scored more runs early.

Good battle by the Bucs. Congratulations to Smyrna.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(eagle26 @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826445639[/snapback]Great game by Gray! Key stat for him: 10 K's. Beech needed to be much more disciplined against the tough Bulldog fireballer. They ended up leaving 7 runners on base.

Frey fought hard but dug too many holes on counts and then the Smyrna hitters did a fine job of making that pay off. Except for stellar plays by the Beech second baseman, first baseman, and rightfielder, Smyrna might have scored more runs early.

Good battle by the Bucs. Congratulations to Smyrna.

Very well put eagle26 . It was the bucs defence that was on fire last night. The score could have been alot different with the Bulldogs getting 10 hits. The Bucs defence held the Bulldogs to just two runs. Congratulations to both teams for what could possibly be the best 9AAA game of 2007.

Nothing really to add except to agree that Beech/Smyrna was the best district game I have seen all year. Great atmosphere for High School Baseball.

2nd point...on Hastings from LV. 2chea, no one is disagreeing with you. I was staring right at a gun the whole time. If you say he throws harder...that is fine. Different guns read differently. This gun said consistently 78-81. The same gun was reading Egerton at 86-88. If Hastings was really throwing upper 80s (maybe) then I guess Egerton was throwing mid 90s. I don't see it. Sorry. Some guns are slow. Some are fast. But each gun is consistent.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:42 AM) 826445758[/snapback]Nothing really to add except to agree that Beech/Smyrna was the best district game I have seen all year. Great atmosphere for High School Baseball.

2nd point...on Hastings from LV. 2chea, no one is disagreeing with you. I was staring right at a gun the whole time. If you say he throws harder...that is fine. Different guns read differently. This gun said consistently 78-81. The same gun was reading Egerton at 86-88. If Hastings was really throwing upper 80s (maybe) then I guess Egerton was throwing mid 90s. I don't see it. Sorry. Some guns are slow. Some are fast. But each gun is consistent.

you didn't make it up to the suds area did you??

From the Hville Commando baseball website --

Thursday, April 26

District 9AAA Standings

1. Smyrna (8-1) Wins: MJ,L,B,G,WC,H,L,B Losses: MJ

2. Beech (8-2) Wins: G,H,WC,L,MJ,G,H,WC Losses: S,S

3. Mt. Juliet (7-2) Wins: L,H,G,S,L,WC,H Losses: S,B

4. Hendersonville (4-6) Wins: WC,L,WC,G Losses: B,G,MJ,S,B,MJ

4. Gallatin (3-5) Wins: WC,L,H Losses: B,MJ,S,B,H

6. LaVergne (1-7) Wins: WC Losses: MJ,S,B,G,H,MJ,S

7. Wilson Central (0-8) Wins: Losses: B,H,G,L,S,H,B,MJ

QUOTE(eagle26 @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826447263[/snapback]9AAA Scores from Friday, Apr 27

Mt Juliet over Wilson Central 8-1

Beech over Clarksville 14-7 at Workman Memorial tourn. in Clarksville

Anyone know about Smyrna?

Smyrna over Gallatin 6-0. Timothy Egerton hit 2 home runs and a double off the top of the fence. Had 5 RBI'S. Jonathon Rhoad picked up the win for the Bulldogs who improved to 9-1 on 9AAA.