Hendersonville

StateChamps07

QUOTE(StateChamps07 @ Mar 17 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826415387[/snapback]i just looked at the eurosport rankings and it says that hendersonville lost to laverge 2-1

is this correct?..

Yes, this is correct. There are actually several posts about it on the most recent page of the "Rankings Week 1" topic if you would like to know more about it.....

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 17 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826415436[/snapback]yes it is true...lavergne should have won 2-0, but a poor ref decision allowed a goal for hendersonville

talking with a hendersonville parent, they said that the first goal was an iffy pk situation in the first half off of a "handball." they said that the referees were the worst 2(must only have a 2 ref system) they had ever seen. also they said the field was very small which allowed the wolverines to just clear the ball whenever hville tried to force it. he said both goals in the 2nd half shouldnt of been allowed but he didnt tell me why. anyways just a huge upset(could be the biggest of the season.) and congrats to lavergne. id like to see if hville can pull it together and win out through the rest of the season. also, it will be interesting to see how lavergne does with this new sense of confidence after the BIG win. just remember, the 2nd or 3rd game of a season doesnt make or break it.

QUOTE(futbolman123 @ Mar 17 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826415453[/snapback]talking with a hendersonville parent, they said that the first goal was an iffy pk situation in the first half off of a "handball." they said that the referees were the worst 2(must only have a 2 ref system) they had ever seen. also they said the field was very small which allowed the wolverines to just clear the ball whenever hville tried to force it. he said both goals in the 2nd half shouldnt of been allowed but he didnt tell me why. anyways just a huge upset(could be the biggest of the season.) and congrats to lavergne. id like to see if hville can pull it together and win out through the rest of the season. also, it will be interesting to see how lavergne does with this new sense of confidence after the BIG win. just remember, the 2nd or 3rd game of a season doesnt make or break it.

great point...as a lavergne player i have to agree and disagree on some things. about the field being small, that is def. not the case, because we play our games on the football field, i remember hendersonvilles field being much smaller. but yes the refs werent the greatest, it really was a pk off of a handball. and the reason for hendersonvilles goal was a blown call by a ref, our goalie went to collect a ball beside the goal, a hendersonville player pushed the goalie out of the way, the ref blew his whistle for a foul, which the lavergne players stopped playing, then the hendersonville player turned and scored, the ref counted the goal.

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 17 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826415460[/snapback]great point...as a lavergne player i have to agree and disagree on some things. about the field being small, that is def. not the case, because we play our games on the football field, i remember hendersonvilles field being much smaller. but yes the refs werent the greatest, it really was a pk off of a handball. and the reason for hendersonvilles goal was a blown call by a ref, our goalie went to collect a ball beside the goal, a hendersonville player pushed the goalie out of the way, the ref blew his whistle for a foul, which the lavergne players stopped playing, then the hendersonville player turned and scored, the ref counted the goal.

for curiosity sake, i called my friend from hville as regards to their field dimensions(not to dispute your word)i was there last year and didnt remember it being small. i was just thinking that hville wouldnt have spent all that money on a first class stadium with a small pitch. the dimensions he gave me (he thinks) is 75 yards wide and 120 long. he told me that lavergnes field was somewhere like 55 yards wide and 100 long but he says he could be wrong(due to hearing it from a player and from a view from the stands.)

anyways who is lavergnes next game against?hvilles?

QUOTE(futbolman123 @ Mar 17 2007 - 03:47 PM) 826415472[/snapback]for curiosity sake, i called my friend from hville as regards to their field dimensions(not to dispute your word)i was there last year and didnt remember it being small. i was just thinking that hville wouldnt have spent all that money on a first class stadium with a small pitch. the dimensions he gave me (he thinks) is 75 yards wide and 120 long. he told me that lavergnes field was somewhere like 55 yards wide and 100 long but he says he could be wrong(due to hearing it from a player and from a view from the stands.)

anyways who is lavergnes next game against?hvilles?

yes i didnt mean for it to sound like i was saying that hendersonvilles field was too small or anything. im not sure of the measurments of our field, but i just thought ours was bigger, but i could be wrong. and lavergne playes ezell harding in the next match.

yes i didnt mean for it to sound like i was saying that hendersonvilles field was too small or anything. im not sure of the measurments of our field, but i just thought ours was bigger, but i could be wrong. and lavergne playes ezell harding in the next match.

[/quote/]

Lavergn's field seems longer because it is so narrow. Like many schools they play on a football field. Hendersonville's field is every bit as long and much wider than lavernge's.

• 2 weeks later...

Gallatin held its tourny last weekend.. HHS in always in the tourny but they never play gallatin. GHS, HHS, Cookville, Rossview were the teams involved. Gallatin won 5-0 over Roosview, and 2-0 over Cookville. HHS tied Cookville, adn beat Rossview 4-1. Gallatin won the tourny based on best record and points.

After watching the whole tourny id say that if the two teams played today Gallatin would take it. HHS is not playing like you would expect a Hendersonville team to play. Gallatin looks good, real good considering what they have to work with. Should make for an intresting post season to say the least.