9-AAA

LHSa08

well since alot of the other districts are up, i figured i would see all of the opinions on this one. since the reigning champs

(hendersonville) were finally defeated in a district game for the first time in years, could we see a new district champ this year??

--this might be a dumb question, but at the end of the regular season, before the district tournament, does the team in first place win the district??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:41 PM) 826415603[/snapback]well since alot of the other districts are up, i figured i would see all of the opinions on this one. since the reigning champs

(hendersonville) were finally defeated in a district game for the first time in years, could we see a new district champ this year??

--this might be a dumb question, but at the end of the regular season, before the district tournament, does the team in first place win the district??

Districts are different across the state, but how most do it is this...

If you come in first place at the end of regular season, you get the top seed in the tournament. Then you play the #8 seed (or the last seed) and might possibly have a bye for the first round. I have a feeling that you all will face Hendersonville again in the district tournament.

It is a great victory for LaVergne, but I would be cautious getting over excited. You have every reason to celebrate, just don't give Hendersonville any extra "incentive" than they already have. Good luck, LaVergne! Hope you have a great season!

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 17 2007 - 07:54 PM) 826415611[/snapback]Districts are different across the state, but how most do it is this...

If you come in first place at the end of regular season, you get the top seed in the tournament. Then you play the #8 seed (or the last seed) and might possibly have a bye for the first round. I have a feeling that you all will face Hendersonville again in the district tournament.

It is a great victory for LaVergne, but I would be cautious getting over excited. You have every reason to celebrate, just don't give Hendersonville any extra "incentive" than they already have. Good luck, LaVergne! Hope you have a great season!

Thanks!! i didnt mean to sound like i was over celebrating it. Yes we will more than likely see hendersonville again. Oh and BigG how is brandon doing? I play with him on his club team.

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826415612[/snapback]Thanks!! i didnt mean to sound like i was over celebrating it. Yes we will more than likely see hendersonville again. Oh and BigG how is brandon doing? I play with him on his club team.

Quite well. He rotates playing inside mid, stopper, and up front. He just committed to South Carolina... I wasn't sure if you knew that.

We leave tomorrow for the Cocoa Expo soccer center in FL. I'll tell him you said hello, if you will give me a hint for him to recognize you.

You didn't sound like you were over celebrating, I was just sending some friendly advice your way. I think it is a great win. Hopefully you have more of those on the way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The district as of now

Wilson Central 3-0-0. games left: Beech, Gallatin, Lavernge

Lavergne 1-1-2. games left: Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central

Gallatin 1-0-1. games left:Beech, Smyrna, Wilson Central, Hendersonville

Beech 1-1-2. games left: Gallatin, Wilson Central

Smyrna 1-1-1. games left: Hendersonville, Gallatin, Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville 1-2-0. games left: Smyrna, Mt. Juliet, Gallatin

Mt. Juliet 0-3-0. games left: Lavergne, Smyrna, Hendersonville.

the tournament is in Smyrna this year

1-6 can still take the district. Smryna plays Hendersonville in the only district game tonight. Smyrna is coming off a big win over Lavergne while Hendersonville is coming off a tough loss to Wilson Central. This is gonna be an interesting district to watch.