CBHS

StateChamps07

QUOTE(sccr11 @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826426567[/snapback]Just because you are a club player does not make you a quality player. We could debate all day long why Brothers lost the last two state championship games, and many would argue that they were the better team all around, but were only beat by a team that was better that particular day, and if the teams were to play ten times, brothers might win 7 of the ten games.

I would like to know the weaknesses and strengths of the team this year.

Experience is definitely a strength. Starters logged big minutes over the last two years. Not as deep as in the past, but can still hurt you with the first two or so off the bench. Keeper is huge.

The back to back runnerups are talked about, but not three years ago. Upset by somebody in an early round. And remember--last they they went o shootout in the first round last year.

May not be the coach. I don't know. Players don't need to likethe coaches, but they aught to respect them. Maybe that is not happening there?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gofish @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:55 PM) 826426604[/snapback]SpeedyGonzo

You talk like you know a lot, but you are just speculating and that's how stuff gets started.

If you know someting for a fact, then say it. Otherwise, shut up.

This is a place for discussion, right? You say he is a great coach, and maybe he is.

Because you say so? Are you speculating?

I didn't start anything. These things have been siad for several years.

No one is stopping you from shooting me down if i am wrong.

gofish and hsbaseballfan03, you guys seem to be getting really defensive. no one has a grudge or anything. lima might not be cocky. i wouldnt know b/c i havent met him. but the statements he made about us (bga) before last years title game and some of the statements in that article sound cocky. but then again, they could have been taken out of context. who knows, but speedygonzo hasnt really bashed CBHS or their coach really all that much. you guys are just taking it really defensively.

QUOTE(ManU90 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826426976[/snapback]gofish and hsbaseballfan03, you guys seem to be getting really defensive. no one has a grudge or anything. lima might not be cocky. i wouldnt know b/c i havent met him. but the statements he made about us (bga) before last years title game and some of the statements in that article sound cocky. but then again, they could have been taken out of context. who knows, but speedygonzo hasnt really bashed CBHS or their coach really all that much. you guys are just taking it really defensively.

Lima called BGA out before last year's title game. Exact quote, "We want to play someone who attacks us."

Kind of like Joey Dorsey calling out Greg Oden before the Memphis-Ohio State Elite Eight game.

Another quote in the paper after last year's loss to BGA, "People don't understand, it is hard to coach when you have talent."

You guys pick the label. If that is being negative, so be it.

Gofish, I repeat--if he is a great coach, explain. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit so.

If he wins state with this group, it will be his best effort by far.

Seems to always be arrogant with the comments. Also, isn't exactly good at player management as players every year it seems can't stand him. Younger players in his club often can't stand him. You can do a bad job of coaching when you have so many good players and usually end up winning a majority of your games. The jury is still out as to his coaching ability.

QUOTE(soccer2110 @ Apr 1 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826427686[/snapback]in my opionion cbhs has the most talent in the state, but its a pity that lima has to coach them

cbhs has a good amount of talent, but i dont think they have the most in state. i mean you're saying they have more than brentwood,bga,mba,father ryan,hendersonville.

QUOTE(ManU90 @ Apr 1 2007 - 05:27 PM) 826427750[/snapback]cbhs has a good amount of talent, but i dont think they have the most in state. i mean you're saying they have more than brentwood,bga,mba,father ryan,hendersonville.

I would have to agree with Manu90. It is unfair to Lima to say he has the most talent in the state this year. CBHS has had an incredible 6 year cycle of talented players, and this crew is certainly good but the gravy train stops after this year.

The forward they rely on is injury-prone (he is hurt now.)

We will see. It is early.

QUOTE(SpeedyGonzo @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826427908[/snapback]I would have to agree with Manu90. It is unfair to Lima to say he has the most talent in the state this year. CBHS has had an incredible 6 year cycle of talented players, and this crew is certainly good but the gravy train stops after this year.

The forward they rely on is injury-prone (he is hurt now.)

We will see. It is early.

Who are their key players and what club teams do they play on?