District 7A

catchpc10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who does pickett got on the hill besides roddy and who will be player of the year, pitcher of the year, and the rest of the all district honers, do you guys think that the district is weaker this year or last year i want to hear some predictions for the finale game of the year between monterey and pickett also do you guys like the way the district is being played this year or do you like the way it has been played in the past better with the way it is now you have to have alot of pitching to be really succesful like we couldnt throw are ace twicw and neither could they so who will be throwing that game for p.c..................................................................rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well Pickett has a couple of arms, but I don't think any of them are as good as roddy. Travis Matthews has been established as their number 2 starter and he is good in his own right, if he keeps his head. After that you've got Jeremiah Copeland, and how good he pitches depends on what day you catch him on. One day he can have electric stuff and great control, the next he complains that his arm hurts (when it really doesn't) just so he doesn't have to throw anymore. After that its Jacob Wright and James Gibson. Haven't seen James pitch that much, and he was "ok" when I did see him pitch. Jacob is a different story, the kid throws incredibly slow, but its so slow that its hard to put anything behind it because you have to generate all the power. His ball moves alot and he pretty good at locating. One game me and one of the assitant coach's where clocking him and he was throwing some where in the 35- 45 range. Pickett I think has the horses to win the district this year, but with their attitudes changing everyday like I've been seeing lately, I'm not sure they will. Either way it is gonna be Pickett and Monterey as the 1 and 2 seeds, I'm not sure which one is gonna be which going into district. I think Pickett can split but I'm not sure they can go up to Monterey and win.

Depending on the output of the games, I think that Roddy is definately in the consideration for Pitcher of the year, I don't have his stats infront of me, but he has looked pretty impressive when I've seen him. I figure Horton will get player of the year, cause I saw somewhere that he has 10 or more homers. As for other Pickett players, I think if they get second place they get atleast 4 players... I think along with Roddy that Pickett County's other all-district players should be Travis Matthews, Jeremiah Copeland, and Jacob Wright. Maybe James Gibson if they get another player.

I think this team is loaded with tallent, its just a matter of killing the attitudes and them to start playing to their potiential. I think they have maybe been told by so many people in Pickett Co. that they are "so" good, and they have inflamed heads. They need to realize that they haven't won anything yet. 3 or 4 of these kids were on the team that I was on back in 04 that finished second in the district by beating monterey. They need to remember how hard it was to win that game and apply that to every game they play Monterey the rest of the season. One thing you can always say about Loop is that he'll never quit until the last out is recorded.

I think that both Monterey and Pickett Co. are both locked into no worse than the 2 seed, and to be honest I don't see either getting beat in the tournament except to whichever loses to the other but upsets are always possible. It should be a great tournament and I can't wait to watch it. Good luck to both teams.

i think that the regular season will belong to monterey because of pitching the way the district is set up you have to have at least 4 or 5 good innings out of your starter to be succesful unless you are loaded with relief pitching but you know any thing can happen heck we lost to watertown and they hadnt won a game until that one

Monterey is good this year, but i've seen better teams from Monterey, RBS, and even Clarkrange to come out of this district that is better than Monterey is this year...but with that said Monterey is the best team, RBS 4-6 in the district going into next week playing Clarkrange and currently stand as 4th place...

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826444909[/snapback]Monterey is good this year, but i've seen better teams from Monterey, RBS, and even Clarkrange to come out of this district that is better than Monterey is this year...but with that said Monterey is the best team, RBS 4-6 in the district going into next week playing Clarkrange and currently stand as 4th place...

Well i do have to say that Monterey is pretty good this year..but i do have 2 agree they can do alot better...So can RBS..they jus ant get their heads in the game and their young...haha but..Idk..i dont watch it 2 much lol

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826444909[/snapback]Monterey is good this year, but i've seen better teams from Monterey, RBS, and even Clarkrange to come out of this district that is better than Monterey is this year...but with that said Monterey is the best team, RBS 4-6 in the district going into next week playing Clarkrange and currently stand as 4th place...

How did R.B.S end up in the district?

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(muffin @ May 2 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826450348[/snapback]How did R.B.S end up in the district?

Muffin I haven't been on top of things this year letting everyone know how the season was going, sorry about that...RBS finished 4th in the regular season along with 4th in the tournament, we were a young baseball team with 5 starters being sophomore and younger, and throughout the season it was to the point were we had atleast 3 8th graders to start...But out little league has picked back up some, and in a couple of years RBS will be back to the way they were just a few years back when I was playing and you were watching us play...