pitchers

tiger2wildcat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonny Gray is a nice kid. Met him a couple years ago. He is a good pitcher and a good football player. He throws hard but I have to question the 96 mph. Where does he rank as far a prospects? I don't doubt someones radar gun went to 96 on him, but Mikey Minor went 111 mph twice on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays gun...if you get my drift. Sonny no doubt is a solid low to mid 90s. Don't know how consistent that is in a 7 inning game.

QUOTE(Vultor @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826429746[/snapback]Sonny Gray is a nice kid. Met him a couple years ago. He is a good pitcher and a good football player. He throws hard but I have to question the 96 mph. Where does he rank as far a prospects? I don't doubt someones radar gun went to 96 on him, but Mikey Minor went 111 mph twice on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays gun...if you get my drift. Sonny no doubt is a solid low to mid 90s. Don't know how consistent that is in a 7 inning game.

This kid throws hard the ENTIRE game . I saw him in the Courier Classic in the seventh inning. He was throwing harder in the 7th than previous innings. He does not just have one pitch either. Had a nasty slider and curve. What's the difference between 95 and 96? Not much. I belive it when people say this kid throws that hard.

QUOTE(Coffeepot @ Apr 4 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826430028[/snapback]This kid throws hard the ENTIRE game . I saw him in the Courier Classic in the seventh inning. He was throwing harder in the 7th than previous innings. He does not just have one pitch either. Had a nasty slider and curve. What's the difference between 95 and 96? Not much. I belive it when people say this kid throws that hard.

so where does he go to school i want to go check this kid out

QUOTE(tiger2wildcat @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826430382[/snapback]so where does he go to school i want to go check this kid out

SMYRNA HIGH ... home of the "Dog Pound"

Struck out 16 tonite in a no hitter against Mt Juliet. Scouts behind me (several of them) said he averaged 94 mph.

Yep, he is a junior. I have seen a lot of pitchers over the years. Saw Minor a few times. Gray throws just as hard. When you have a kid who's signed with Vandy (Hill) who throws 90+, and there are about 10 scouts there drooling over the opposing pitcher, you know he's good. Bottom line after last night. taylor Hill is excellent. He will do great things at Vandy. Right now, Sonny as a Junior is better. Now its undisputed.