Smyrna Soccer

ChadC

QUOTE(jsoccer16 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826430303[/snapback]I can guarantee you coach dakis is long gone, you wount see him around here. but i did hear that rumor a year or two ago. i will say mr. davis does know soccer, he has coaching experience. as stated earlier, the opening of seigle really hurt oakland. Smyrna has rick parlow helping with training but i dont think the high school team is his first priority. With Smyrna the lack of a select program, and overall natural talent really hurts. They just dont have players like jonny black and drew davenport anymore. for both teams the key is establishing some pride and a winning attitude is key. Gonyea will be able to provide that, he's a great motivator, he just lacks soccer experience and knowledge. both teams can get back to winning ways, they just have to start to turn it around.

I won't count on him not coming back. I talked to one of the coaches and he did tell me that he was here 2-3 weeks ago and interviewed for the Oakland soccer job but it is supposed to be hash-hash. I am serious about that and I will start another thread for that but back to the point and this thread, it is very difficult to compete with all these schools here in Rutherford Co. It is watering down the sports in the schools and it is killing us. Think if we had 1 or 2 HS in the Rutherford Co. There is nobody in the entire state that could compete with us. Of course the problem would be the competition would be so great and some poor kids will not be on the team. Oh well who cares, lol. Gonyea is a great wrestling coach but like you said he is not a soccer coach and then parlow is not into HS because the money is not there I am sure. Davis is ok but I think a little old for the HS thing. I don't know, my select coach is telling me to stop playing HS anyway, I might just do that after this year. My parents will be upset but they are a little upset with our progress as a team anyway.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChadC @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826430321[/snapback]I won't count on him not coming back. I talked to one of the coaches and he did tell me that he was here 2-3 weeks ago and interviewed for the Oakland soccer job but it is supposed to be hash-hash. I am serious about that and I will start another thread for that but back to the point and this thread, it is very difficult to compete with all these schools here in Rutherford Co. It is watering down the sports in the schools and it is killing us. Think if we had 1 or 2 HS in the Rutherford Co. There is nobody in the entire state that could compete with us. Of course the problem would be the competition would be so great and some poor kids will not be on the team. Oh well who cares, lol. Gonyea is a great wrestling coach but like you said he is not a soccer coach and then parlow is not into HS because the money is not there I am sure. Davis is ok but I think a little old for the HS thing. I don't know, my select coach is telling me to stop playing HS anyway, I might just do that after this year. My parents will be upset but they are a little upset with our progress as a team anyway.

Yeh but how many other counties could say think if we only had one or two schools. Has Ravenwood,Independence, and Centennial opening up hurt Brentwood and Franklin. How good would that county be with just 2 schools. New schools always pull talent away from existing schools but you cant function well with a high school built for 1500 with 3000 in it. I wish you luck in rebuilding your programs though.

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Davidn22 @ Apr 4 2007 - 07:35 PM) 826430154[/snapback]I don't think your giving enough credit to Wilson Central this year. They are a much better team this year, and has plenty of seniors that know what they are doing.

I agree. Although I didn't quite believe it at first, Wilson Central has beaten a handful of quality teams to prove that their wins weren't just flukes. At some point, you have to stop saying "Hendersonville/Riverdale/Station Camp, etc. lost the game because they messed up" and start saying, "Wilson Central won the game because they earned it."

QUOTE(No1ScoresOnMe @ Apr 22 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826442982[/snapback]I agree. Although I didn't quite believe it at first, Wilson Central has beaten a handful of quality teams to prove that their wins weren't just flukes. At some point, you have to stop saying "Hendersonville/Riverdale/Station Camp, etc. lost the game because they messed up" and start saying, "Wilson Central won the game because they earned it."

i thought that wilson central lost to station camp 1-0???

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(smyrna=statechamps06 @ Apr 22 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826442845[/snapback]i think Smyrna could have a real standout player in Zach Zaleski. He is only a sophomore but he is really showing some good potenial. Watch out for him this year and years to come.

I believe Zach is a VERY strong player, also look out for Chandler Odom! Two solid soccer players and posses iron curtain defense!

QUOTE(t3a cups @ May 1 2007 - 09:58 AM) 826449014[/snapback]I believe Zach is a VERY strong player, also look out for Chandler Odom! Two solid soccer players and posses iron curtain defense!

Thank you for agreeing about Zach he is a strong player. Chandler Odom could be a standout in the next couple of years because of his height and cordination, he shows a lot of potential. But Odom's only downside is he needs to hit the weights.

QUOTE(smyrna=statechamps06 @ Apr 22 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826442845[/snapback]i think Smyrna could have a real standout player in Zach Zaleski. He is only a sophomore but he is really showing some good potenial. Watch out for him this year and years to come.

zach zaleski? isnt that the same smyrna soccer player who is the former chess state champion from florida?