cbhs baseball

leftylegend

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well to be completely honest i could not believe it either. those without a doubt were the 4 worst games we have played so far this year. i apologize for the poor showing and don't worry the coaching is there. the brothers got back on track tonight with a 7-0 win over southport high school out of southport, Indiana

wp- Skinner 2-2 10 k's

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(leftylegend @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826430395[/snapback]saw cbhs at riverdale tournament this past weekend and could'nt believe my eyes. this team lacks fundamentals in every aspect of the game. where is the coaching.

I ask you. Where is the coaching?

Congratulations to the Brothers for bringing home another state title.

QUOTE(leftylegend @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826430395[/snapback]saw cbhs at riverdale tournament this past weekend and could'nt believe my eyes. this team lacks fundamentals in every aspect of the game. where is the coaching.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%...THE CATCHER MAKES THAT TEAM..IF THEY STILL HAVE CBHS #1 IN MEMPHIS OVER BARTLETT, THE NEWSPAPER IS "CRAZY". CBHS COULD NOT BEAT BARTLETT ON BARTLETT'S WORST DAY.....

QUOTE(nitrites620 @ Apr 5 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826430401[/snapback]well to be completely honest i could not believe it either. those without a doubt were the 4 worst games we have played so far this year. i apologize for the poor showing and don't worry the coaching is there. the brothers got back on track tonight with a 7-0 win over southport high school out of southport, Indiana

wp- Skinner 2-2 10 k's

That happens to be the best team that money can buy.......Scholarships and all, they cant match up with Bartlett! How they are ahead of them in the dandy dozen is amazing........You want some coaching.......Get you a scholarship at Bartlett!

QUOTE(Frayser1974 @ May 28 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826468333[/snapback]That happens to be the best team that money can buy.......Scholarships and all, they cant match up with Bartlett! How they are ahead of them in the dandy dozen is amazing........You want some coaching.......Get you a scholarship at Bartlett!

Baseball Dandy Dozen

How does Houston drop from 3 to 6 for going to the state tournament? Bartlett goes undefeated and wins it all and drops a spot.

That is a tough poll!

QUOTE(trojan7000 @ May 28 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826468443[/snapback]How does Baseball America have CBHS in the top 50 and Bartlett is no where around any of the high school polls

Its called politics my friend. Since this is Bartletts best year ever and cbhs goes to the d2 state every year (because there is no competition) the media thinks they are better than everybody else, and since Bartlett and CBHS don't play in the spring they can't see that Bartletts talent is better. If they (the media) keep up with jv baseball they would have a better understanding because Bartlett has owned CBHS. Not to mention the last two summers Bartlett has won both varsity games. Wait until next years poll comes out, with the players the panthers have coming back they should have a good preseason ranking. As hard as this team works they can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that rankings are all some of you people are focused on. Bartlett had a great year, and should return for another great one next year. CBHS had a 40-8 year which has become sort of the norm over there. I understand you being upset, but CBHS has built a tradition that I don't see going away anytime soon. They don't play each other for a reason, and I would have to disagree that Bartlett has owned CBHS in the JV games. Bartlett did sweep them this year in JV however a couple of those games were extremely close one being a 4-3 ballgame and the other Bartlett storming back in the top of the 7th for about 5 runs to come back from a 3 run deficit. Last year they split, CBHS being one of Bartlett's two losses (I think that is right, but I know CBHS beat them last year). In response to someone saying the catcher makes CBHS's team, that is entirely false. Forsythe is a phenomenal catcher and will be hard to replace, but no one on that team "makes" the team. Last year they graduated 7 starters and no one expected them to do anything, this thread was even started to bash a young team that no one gave a chance, and to say there is no competition in DII is crazy. The remark about the best team money can buy is sad, I feel sorry that you are that jealous.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 28 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826468451[/snapback]I hate that rankings are all some of you people are focused on. Bartlett had a great year, and should return for another great one next year. CBHS had a 40-8 year which has become sort of the norm over there. I understand you being upset, but CBHS has built a tradition that I don't see going away anytime soon. They don't play each other for a reason, and I would have to disagree that Bartlett has owned CBHS in the JV games. Bartlett did sweep them this year in JV however a couple of those games were extremely close one being a 4-3 ballgame and the other Bartlett storming back in the top of the 7th for about 5 runs to come back from a 3 run deficit. Last year they split, CBHS being one of Bartlett's two losses (I think that is right, but I know CBHS beat them last year). In response to someone saying the catcher makes CBHS's team, that is entirely false. Forsythe is a phenomenal catcher and will be hard to replace, but no one on that team "makes" the team. Last year they graduated 7 starters and no one expected them to do anything, this thread was even started to bash a young team that no one gave a chance, and to say there is no competition in DII is crazy. The remark about the best team money can buy is sad, I feel sorry that you are that jealous.

I promise you I am not jealous.........I could name a quite a few players in all sports at CBHS that would have never had the chance to go to school there if not for their atheletic ability.......I wouldnt dare do it.......But I could going back to the 70s