Warren Co. Pioneers

BASEBALL99

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BASEBALL99 @ Apr 5 2007 - 06:21 AM) 826430422[/snapback]What wrong with the Pioneers. Way to much talent to lose 12 in a row.

Talent? This is the least talented team WC has had in a long time. I dont care how bad you are, no team loses 12 games in a row in baseball. You have 3 returning starters(1 pitcher). 2 everyday players returning and one of them hit 8th in line up last year. Most of the starters are Jrs and have never seen the field until this year. Its going to be an even longer year for the Pioneers. Struggling all phases of the game. Pitching, hitting, and defense. If I'm not mistaken, the radio said the team has double digit strikeouts the last few games. Rogers (senior)is the only bright spot we have so far this year.

QUOTE(weeklystatus @ Apr 5 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826430754[/snapback]Talent? This is the least talented team WC has had in a long time. I dont care how bad you are, no team loses 12 games in a row in baseball. You have 3 returning starters(1 pitcher). 2 everyday players returning and one of them hit 8th in line up last year. Most of the starters are Jrs and have never seen the field until this year. Its going to be an even longer year for the Pioneers. Struggling all phases of the game. Pitching, hitting, and defense. If I'm not mistaken, the radio said the team has double digit strikeouts the last few games. Rogers (senior)is the only bright spot we have so far this year.

Well it's a total shock to me too !! With coach Holt's VAST knowledge of the game, it's gotta be the players fault !!!!

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Apr 5 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826430837[/snapback]Well it's a total shock to me too !! With coach Holt's VAST knowledge of the game, it's gotta be the players fault !!!!

Typical Warren Countian response its the coaches fault in every sport when we lose. Last I checked there were 3 other coaches. The coaches cant hit the ball and catch it for them. Its just a down year with the baseball program. We dont reload here we have to rebuild.

QUOTE(weeklystatus @ Apr 5 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826430889[/snapback]Typical Warren Countian response its the coaches fault in every sport when we lose. Last I checked there were 3 other coaches. The coaches cant hit the ball and catch it for them. Its just a down year with the baseball program. We dont reload here we have to rebuild.

In Warren County it is the coaches knowledge, or lack thereof, in all sports that makes the difference. We haven't had a coach who was a true difference maker in any sport since Ricky Morris was in town. Not enough credit was ever given to Morris when he was here, coach walker made his livimg off of Morris's ability to get the pioneer's ready in the summer and fall. Don't ever estimate the power of a TRUE difference maker as coach, if we still had Ricky we would reload every year and coach Walker knows this and any other parent or player who was lucky enough to have been associated with Morris. There is enough talent on this year/s team to contend.

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Apr 5 2007 - 07:52 PM) 826430962[/snapback]In Warren County it is the coaches knowledge, or lack thereof, in all sports that makes the difference. We haven't had a coach who was a true difference maker in any sport since Ricky Morris was in town. Not enough credit was ever given to Morris when he was here, coach walker made his livimg off of Morris's ability to get the pioneer's ready in the summer and fall. Don't ever estimate the power of a TRUE difference maker as coach, if we still had Ricky we would reload every year and coach Walker knows this and any other parent or player who was lucky enough to have been associated with Morris. There is enough talent on this year/s team to contend.

Thats hilarious. I guess Ricky was on the staff when we were contenders every year in the late 80's and early 90's.Not to mention state champs in 1992. I guess he is the reason we had a bunch of guys drafted in the 90's. Walker and Brown are the reason we have developed a good program.

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Apr 5 2007 - 07:52 PM) 826430962[/snapback]In Warren County it is the coaches knowledge, or lack thereof, in all sports that makes the difference. We haven't had a coach who was a true difference maker in any sport since Ricky Morris was in town. Not enough credit was ever given to Morris when he was here, coach walker made his livimg off of Morris's ability to get the pioneer's ready in the summer and fall. Don't ever estimate the power of a TRUE difference maker as coach, if we still had Ricky we would reload every year and coach Walker knows this and any other parent or player who was lucky enough to have been associated with Morris. There is enough talent on this year/s team to contend.

Let me guess.....you either played or had a kid on one of Chris Parkers teams over the last few years..Your comments sound just like one of those kids or parents that thought Parker was the answer to all or any problem the game of baseball could ever have...I will give him credit, Parker seems to know a bit about the game but , he helped stir up more trouble in Warren Co. than help solve it..As for Morris, he is very knowledgable about the game and is a good coach , BUT, your comment on his getting the players ready for school ball is a pretty far stretch..Believe me I know for a fact! He did do a good job with all the young men he has coached over the years. He knows the game and can sure teach the kids to hit, but NO ONE COACH is responsible for a teams success or failure. Kids today seem to have a whole different attitude about the game than when we were young. They have been told so much that if they fail...BLAME THE COACH!!! it has to be their fault!!!Parents try to live their dreams thru their kids. I have even heard some parents of above average players talk about how they are making plans for when their kid "makes it" and how rich they will be etc...I have got news for you guys...IT PROBABLY AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!..And then, when thing dont happen...BLAME THE COACHES!!!!No way could little Johnny or whoever not be putting out enough effort to get better or heaven forbid, a particular group of kids coming thru the school at that time might not be as talented as other...JUST BLAME THE COACH!!! There are 750 players in the majors at any one time, and a huge prtion of them (almost a third) are foriegners..The chances are phenominal against even getting noticed, but if they dont...BLAME THE COACH!!!.

A team has to have a good coach but it also has to support that coach thru tough times also. Holt is a good coach but if you really want the truth...I think he is too nice and too much of a good person to be a win at all costs coach that most places want these days...Coaching is about teaching a game as well as teaching character and morals..I think Holt does that . Some of the other coaches in the game may not be able to have that statement made about them...Heck, I dont know why they want to put up with all the crap that the parents give them when they lose a game ot two..it is just a game...ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!!

This is just like a broken record. Football, Basketball,Baseball It just has to be the coach but not the talent. Get Real Warren Co. has an AVERAGE pool of talent compared to the competition they play. All the coaches are getting all they can out of their players.