WARTBURG HIGH SCHOOL

Deerhunter44

QUOTE(bulldogplayermom @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826429662[/snapback]Coaching suppliments have nothing to do with BEP money! I can't believe you consider yourself an authority on this and don't know that.

This is not a County Commission concern. It is a Wartbury Community concern!

It will become a county commission matter if the funding proposal were to go through, we have to approve the budget amendment.

Booster funds do not equal County Funds! They are school funds and there is a difference!

This is where you are wrong again. Revenue, no matter the source is considered County funds, subject to all the rules and regulation regarding receipt and disbursement. Booster funds in order to be paid will have to "flow through the school funds" see policy linked above. This then becomes county funds. I know it is a hard concept. Accounting is not your strong suit.

Your athletic funds are subject to an Audit just as Court House offices are subject to the same audit by the State of Tennessee. Ask both Mr. Davis' out there they will tell you the same thing. If those General Government Accounting Standards are not met, somebody can be in serious trouble, I believe we just went through a little problem involving that concept so you should be familiar with the way it works.

As for me being an expert, I have yet to see what your expertise is but for emotional ramblings with not fact or basis to back it up. I at least have the experience, training, and knowledge to support my assertions.

It is good that you support your school, we all should support the school of our choice. However, the whole school system is the top priority. All schools have a level playing field right now, what you do with your abilities is your business. Just don't involve inflating the school budget to jeopardize funding for the whole system for a coach. This is about education not x's and o's. Hire the best football coach you can with the School funds available just like every other school in the County. It would be more respectable.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not using County expenses’, it will be just like a donation.. And I know for a fact that the Board and whom ever else will support this! Just like Coalfield is taking all the donations for the new field house/weight room, we are taking them for a coach! Coalfield has been under a close watch for many years for different reasons, Recruiting, steroids, and what ever else. Just like last year they had one guy test positive for steroids and drugs… He shouldn’t been aloud to even be on the sidelines. I think Mr. Cyjacket needs to start focusing on drugs in schools and things in that nature instead of getting all worked up over football… What a Commissioner coalfield has /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" !

QUOTE(EastTnCoachTeach @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826429787[/snapback]Not using County expenses’, it will be just like a donation.. And I know for a fact that the Board and whom ever else will support this! Just like Coalfield is taking all the donations for the new field house/weight room, we are taking them for a coach! Coalfield has been under a close watch for many years for different reasons, Recruiting, steroids, and what ever else. Just like last year they had one guy test positive for steroids and drugs… He shouldn’t been aloud to even be on the sidelines. I think Mr. Cyjacket needs to start focusing on drugs in schools and things in that nature instead of getting all worked up over football… What a Commissioner coalfield has /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" !

just so you know that certain player did not test positive for any performance enhancing supplements. he only tested positve for drugs, but you r correct in saying that a player that test positive for any illegal substance should not be ANYwhere on the field.

QUOTE(EastTnCoachTeach @ Apr 4 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826429787[/snapback]Not using County expenses', it will be just like a donation.. And I know for a fact that the Board and whom ever else will support this! Just like Coalfield is taking all the donations for the new field house/weight room, we are taking them for a coach! Coalfield has been under a close watch for many years for different reasons, Recruiting, steroids, and what ever else. Just like last year they had one guy test positive for steroids and drugs… He shouldn't been aloud to even be on the sidelines. I think Mr. Cyjacket needs to start focusing on drugs in schools and things in that nature instead of getting all worked up over football… What a Commissioner coalfield has /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" !

No, it is not like a "donation" as to the field house at Coalfield. Let me ask you this question. A supplement to be paid yearly by a booster club that fails, there is a contract with Morgan Co. Schools to pay that contract through these donated funds but they are no longer available, who pays? It will have to come from somewhere or the contract is violated and somebody will come looking for their money. The short answer will be the school system, meaning the whole county, not the burg.

Now, if Coalfield builds a field house, enhances the facilities with a donated building on donated land that can't go anywhere and is paid in full, who pays? Coalfield donations, it is done and over at that point with no need for future funding. Buildings get paid for, payroll goes on and on.

As for focusing on drugs in school, I voted for the present drug testing policy to be put in place when brought before the commission. That is about all any could do but counsel students. I have done that also and will continue to do so for any student at any school, not just Coalfield (we all know drugs exist in every school). So before you open speak to what you know.

As to the other allegations/investigations just like everything else there was no finding, but it was stirred at other places because they couldn't stand our success, or more to the point the lack of their success.

One guy tested positive for steroid and drugs? Really? You gonna name a juvenile on an open board or just throwing out more misinformation because you know those allegations are a stawman to misdirect the conversations because this move is as wrong?

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826429801[/snapback]No, it is not like a "donation" as to the field house at Coalfield. Let me ask you this question. A supplement to be paid yearly by a booster club that fails, there is a contract with Morgan Co. Schools to pay that contract through these donated funds but they are no longer available, who pays? It will have to come from somewhere or the contract is violated and somebody will come looking for their money. The short answer will be the school system, meaning the whole county, not the burg.

Now, if Coalfield builds a field house, enhances the facilities with a donated building on donated land that can't go anywhere and is paid in full, who pays? Coalfield donations, it is done and over at that point with no need for future funding. Buildings get paid for, payroll goes on and on.

As for focusing on drugs in school, I voted for the present drug testing policy to be put in place when brought before the commission. That is about all any could do but counsel students. I have done that also and will continue to do so for any student at any school, not just Coalfield (we all know drugs exist in every school). So before you open speak to what you know.

As to the other allegations/investigations just like everything else there was no finding, but it was stirred at other places because they couldn't stand our success, or more to the point the lack of their success.

One guy tested positive for steroid and drugs? Really? You gonna name a juvenile on an open board or just throwing out more misinformation because you know those allegations are a stawman to misdirect the conversations because this move is as wrong?

WELL DON`T CARE ABOUT THIS MUMBO- JUMBO IM JUST WANTING TO KNOW SOME NAMES THAT ARE IN LINE FOR THE COACHING JOB. " I THOUGHT THINGS WERE BAD WERE I LIVE AT" /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

In my opinion, I think it’s great that the town of Wartburg is going to put up money for a new coach, Coach DAvis was a great guy and a smart football coach. Ill miss him greatly. Wartburg has one of the best Asst. Coaches in the county, now all they need is a Good Head Coach that motivates and brings intensity and respect to back to Wartburg. They need all the help from the community that they can get. Things will turn around in Wartburg. Good Luck Bulldogs. Good Luck JAckets

QUOTE(GIBSONJ @ Apr 4 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826429825[/snapback]In my opinion, I think it's great that the town of Wartburg is going to put up money for a new coach, Coach DAvis was a great guy and a smart football coach. Ill miss him greatly. Wartburg has one of the best Asst. Coaches in the county, now all they need is a Good Head Coach that motivates and brings intensity and respect to back to Wartburg. They need all the help from the community that they can get. Things will turn around in Wartburg. Good Luck Bulldogs. Good Luck JAckets

Congradulations on the job you have Gibson. Do a good job. If I can assist, let me know.

Old CY loves wartburg so much he wanted the citizens of wartburg to pay for something that is free to all the citizens in the county this man has done and will do any thing that he can to keep any thing good happening in wartburg and cy you can't tell me that coalfield has not gave kries any money might not have been threw the booster club but he has been giving money

CryJacket, Trolling the Wartburg thread?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think you should include the Morgan County Commission to your signature at the bottom of your posts!!

You don't seem to have a problem with posting on a public forum, the views or opinions of

the other members of the county commission board of Morgan County, the other board members may find it foolish and

unprofessional to do so. I would urge the folks of Wartburg to contact other board members, to find out the appropriate

options available to them.(Not from one who has his own agenda)

Maybe it's time for a change on the County Commission Board, I would assume that it would not be hard to find someone

to run for the board who has more support for all Morgan County schools, and not just one!

Coaches pay have been supplemented from outside sources before, it's not that uncommon.

QUOTE(OLDSCHOOL44 @ Apr 4 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826429853[/snapback]Old CY loves wartburg so much he wanted the citizens of wartburg to pay for something that is free to all the citizens in the county this man has done and will do any thing that he can to keep any thing good happening in wartburg and cy you can't tell me that coalfield has not gave kries any money might not have been threw the booster club but he has been giving money

Coalfield has not had a booster club in over 20 years. You must be living in the past. As for good things happening in Wartburg I don't really care. What I really would like to see is that you hire a coach within the confines of the money available just like the other schools from the school board. Your other statements are unsubstantiated and inuendo.

QUOTE(GIBSONJ @ Apr 4 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826429839[/snapback]Cy, How do you know all the things you know lol /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ? You need to get in contact with me when ever you have some spare time, JamesDGibson3@hotmail.com

I saw you doing it and glad to see you got it. I'm sure it is not the most fun job but it will be interesting. Similiar work over 21 years. You will see something new everyday.

QUOTE(catback @ Apr 4 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826429871[/snapback]CryJacket, Trolling the Wartburg thread?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think you should include the Morgan County Commission to your signature at the bottom of your posts!!

You don't seem to have a problem with posting on a public forum, the views or opinions of

the other members of the county commission board of Morgan County, the other board members may find it foolish and

unprofessional to do so. I would urge the folks of Wartburg to contact other board members, to find out the appropriate

options available to them.(Not from one who has his own agenda)

Maybe it's time for a change on the County Commission Board, I would assume that it would not be hard to find someone

to run for the board who has more support for all Morgan County schools, and not just one!

Coaches pay have been supplemented from outside sources before, it's not that uncommon.

Now exactly where did I post others views? The views I express are mine. It also appears you are "trolling the Wartburg thread", you know that pot/kettle/black thing.

It may be time for a change on the commission, but that will not be for about 3.5 years, and I have represented the whole school system in this thread. The others do not have the supplement plan by a booster club in place. My agenda is not for one school but to make sure that one school doesn't get the advantage in this area. The school board supplies a supplement, that is enought for the other schools to retain coaches, why is it not good enought for these folks?