WARTBURG HIGH SCHOOL

Deerhunter44

wartburg might do a little bit better without davis but i think that its going to take a while to build up the team again hope shoemaker dont get the job or they will never win another game ever cause he dont know what the world he is doing they need another new football staff and maybe they will do some good but i highly doubt that

josh is gay

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm going to get the typical response that we need a new coach, but here goes.

What is the problem with wartburg? Is there any size that's willing to play. Is there any speed? Is there or has there ever been a good off-season program and if there was are the players willing to work to win. This is to all the players: you usually reap what you sow!

QUOTE(Old_Highlander_13 @ Feb 1 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826354807[/snapback]

Ive talked to some of the scott players (wartburgs 1st game) and them boys are busting there tails 5 days a week in teh weight room. This is prob one of the best teams ive ever seen at scott so wartburg better be ready.

they wont be ready cause what i hear is davis is back so they will stink again until he is out of there sure u wont have a problem with them

QUOTE(theobserver @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826354623[/snapback]

I know I'm going to get the typical response that we need a new coach, but here goes.

What is the problem with wartburg? Is there any size that's willing to play. Is there any speed? Is there or has there ever been a good off-season program and if there was are the players willing to work to win. This is to all the players: you usually reap what you sow!

no good training no coaches no heart and definatly no heart

They say when everything goes wrong the people that are left have more heart then any one else’s so hear is a list of wartburg football players that have heart Alan Bunch Daniel Evans Nick Barnes Scottie Phillips Derek Hiedel Vade Scruggs David Kunsman Thomas Manis Waylon Niner Jared Sellers and you can say what ever u wont about coach Davis he is a good man a good coach and when some one tells me different he is still my coach so plz find something else’s to talk about

Wartburg Central High will have a good football program again; you have to give these things time. Change is a big thing in building a program, “Change” can vary from, coaching changes, different style of QB, New “playbook”, just naming a few. There are a lot of things you can change that can build a program back up. The community needs to be behind the team also, even if they don’t like the coach or certain things, and if something goes wrong that doesn’t mean to pack up and leave. SUPPORT your team! Wartburg needs more discipline also. Another thing, Larry Davis is a VERY “smart” football coach, he is a one of the smartest X’s and O’s coaches I have ever been around. Wartburg needs to just give this horrible problem time to work its self out. Even the great teams have these problems every now and again.

"A winner NEVER quits and a quitter NEVER wins!" Knute Rockne

"You're never a loser until you quit TRYING!" Mike Ditka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hear that Davis is back. No offense to ABUNCH, but these kids have heart but are lacking in talent. The football teams need to worry about winning games instead of physical abusing the other school. First of all the are not strong enough to abuse the other teams. Second of all they had more ejections last year than any team i know of. and third of all its kind of embaressing when u have players hittin kids calling fair catches. and lineman slamming a QB that threw the ball 3 seconds before he even got there, there is a reason u got in the backfield. They lost Rogers, Nelson, Brown, Winstead, Rose, and young. They do not have a running back this year that can handle taking 20-30 hits a game like Rogers and George of the past. The experienced line could be there strong point, but then again that was suppose to be their best quality two years ago and they were disappoiting. They do not have any recievers coming back that made much noise last year. Sayin all this, there is hope for this year's team. Playoffs-No. Wins-yes.